[SALE Plot Maybe?] For Upcoming Changes for Free and Silver Members...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaito, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Kaito Member

Who knows.....
    They might put these on limited time 50% sale/debate for MARCH only as a promotion after the changes...

• Additional Character Slot: 1000 [IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] 500 [IMG] [IMG]
    • Race Potion: 1450 [IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] 725 [IMG] [IMG]
    • Unlock: Freeblood: 2000 [IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] 1000 [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Rolaryn Active Member

well, the add. char slot at least that would be a good call, I may be willing ti do that 1 time. as of now I have one slot open, but may kill off a toon to make another.
  3. Terein Active Member

They're charging 2,000SC for the Freeblood race? LOL

Maybe that one should be reduced in price in the first place... then maybe put on sale for 500SC. :)
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I can just imagine how that conversation would go -

Junior member of the dev team: Hey, guys! I have a cool idea that will make us a lot less money! :eek:

HW and SJ (in unison): Pack your things! o_O
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They have the slots on sale a few times a year. I am sure they will have one soon enough :p
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

grat solution for that - don't like the price don't buy it, same with the Beastlord class
  7. Othaodin Member

Only if the price is right. .
  8. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

And what is the right price - forums show that if they where given away free people would still complain. You just can't please everyone all the time, someone while feel they where cheated. All my accounts got fre blood free because I was playing the Pay to Play version of the game when it was a offer for active subscriptions through the Winter Rewards offer

"The Freeblood vampire race will be available through the Velious Winter Rewards promotion for qualifying EQII subscribers and EQ2X Gold and Platinum members as part of the February reward. For those who don’t want to wait that long, the race will be available on the Marketplace in late December. Stay tuned for more details!"
  9. Kaito Member

Ask Drew......

[IMG]
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The price is right for AoD. That is what the beanpushers have determined the price shall be, therefore it is selling for the right price. Likewise, the price for freebloods is right.

If you don't want to pay the price, that just means that you won't get access to the one that is higher than what you are willing to pay. SOE isn't likely to change their prices for the benefit of a few players that disagree with them - especially since plenty of people have paid the current prices for one or both of them.

So pay it, or don't. Either way, please keep the wailing and the gnashing of teeth to a minimum. o_O
  11. Ragna Well-Known Member

Doing that in March and only for these items would be dumb.
    Why are you going to lower your prices when you have a monopoly and people are ready to pay full ? Otoh for April-May ... ;)
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

Micro-transitions in EQ2 are not so micro. nothing and I do mean NOTHING in the marketplace should ever cost more than or even close to a months subscription cost. if it is equal to or more than that it is not a micro-transition.

My opinion is the marketplace in general is way overpriced. Nothing should cost over $5.00-$7.00 end of story.

most things should cost .50 or less
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

A lot of things are very cheap for those who are patient and wait for all the right sales. Let's not forget that's why we don't have subscriptions for SC.

I don't see them highlighting any of the aforementioned items any time soon. We'll likely just have one of those other sales.
  14. Yukishiro1 Active Member

The EQ2 model is based around getting a small amount of players to pay through the nose. The reason everything costs so much is because the game has so few people playing it.

Of course it's sort-of a self-perpetuating problem because the more you try to milk your existing subscripers rather than grow the game the more it turns off potential players.

Opening up all the races/classes to free players seems to be an indication EQ2 is reconsidering its "double down" sales model. It'll be interesting to see if they go any further.
  15. teakbois New Member

No, the EQ2 model is based around sub acquisition (and sadly expansion price gouging). Their ultimate goal is to get everyone to sub. These are barriers to entry they are removing.

This is also why they cant remove the gear restrictions, as without that there would be almost no reason to sub. As it stands now playing one or two characters its cheaper to just use unlockers.
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

Please refrain from using the term price gouging you have no understanding of what it means.
  17. teakbois New Member

eh, informally it fits.
    Selling something for more than its worth when there isnt a real option otherwise.

No, its not the legal definition of it. Get over it.

I get that SoE may not have a choice and Sony forces them to charge for an expansion each year, but AoD and CoE arent full expansions worth of content, but we do have to buy them if we want to stay current (somewhat less so with AoD)
  18. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

It is your opinion that CoE and AoD aren't a full expansion's worth of content (which is silly since AoD wasn't designed to contain content, anyways), but certainly you understand that others disagree.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

LOL replying to my own post, but services are going on sale this coming week and includes character slots!
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

But there is a real option otherwise. Pay for what you can afford and don't bemoan the things that you can't fit into your budget. If you don't like the price but pay it anyway, then you are complicit in keeping the price that high. (Granted, so are the rest of us that don't have a problem with the price, but since we're not the ones wailing and gnashing teeth, our complicity is irrelevant.)