Betrayal Quests need updating

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mae-, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

BTW, lore excuses for keeping things the way they are are pretty much moot since PVP servers already have all classes in both factions. We're just asking for it to be changed to PVE servers as well.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

seems Mae is referring to her army of halflings (We're)
    surely a sign of playing too much if you're talking about yourself that way :p
    Terein likes this.
  3. Terein Active Member

They've so utterly and completely destroyed the lore of this game in recent expansions, I'm amazed people still try to defend it... :|
  4. Emissary Vex Active Member

The New Combine is reason enough to update it. Maybe we can do some work for the New Combine instead of going into exile
    Cyliena likes this.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Some of the points mentioned in the OP I had brought up last year on the old forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2old/posts/list.m?topic_id=521587 AFAIK the majority of it was never fixed/addressed. Just one exhilarating excerpt:

(Quest) Freeport to Qeynos - Acceptance
    Pop-up box informed me that all of my spells would be reset to "Apprentice I", which hasn't existed for years, nor is it true. Also got a pop-up informing me that I was switching to a premium class, which may have mattered if (1) I wasn't already a Gold subscriber and (2) I wasn't staying the same exact class. Also, having my AAs reset when I don't switch classes is still annoying.
    [IMG]
  6. Epixz Member

wrong there are a lot of players that have a conjuror and and SK and who cant move their heirlooms items / obol / greater spirits around due to this outdated class repartition.
    It s outdated and not needed and need to be changed asap at this point of the game where the rare new players get separated and unable to play together or run in the same city due to guard oneshotting them wich will cause them to leave...
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Come on dev's, class faction equality in 2013! =)
    Foretold likes this.
  8. Terein Active Member

(I think they were making a joke)
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I was teasing Mae :D and what in Norrath are you talking about class and currency? I drop my heirloom currency in the shared bank all the time and share between my nec, conj, warden n' fury (ok so after betraying I rolled another summoner and druid LOL) and they are of different alignments.

You're trying to change the lore of the game all because someone wants to not betray to buy a home in Freeport?
    Don't try to turn my preferred game into My Little Pony Adventures or something just because you don't want to be bothered betraying to live there.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

I would HAPPILY betray to FP, if I could stay a Mystic.
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Awww...we're friends ^.^

When You're Evil by Voltaire:

I'm charming only 'cause it's easier than being a dirty brigand. Profit happens whether you con someone out of their coin or it beat it out of them. My way is just easier and less messy.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Ditto with my swashbuckler.

I have Freeport and Neriak quests to do. (I have 4625 quests done!)

There is an evil god that I want my toon to follow.

I refuse to pay SOE $50 to make this happen by moving my toon to PvP, betraying him to FP while remaining a swashbuckler, then paying to move him back to Funrest.

What do we want? CLASS FACTION EQUALITY!

When do we want it? NOW! Heck, I'd settle for Soon(TM)!
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

No, we don't.

You picked swashbuckler knowing it was good-only. Either switch to brigand for a while to do the evil-side stuff, or don't do it. Not every character has to be able to do all the content.

And there's no such thing as an evil paladin.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

Then why did you pick mystic, knowing it was good-only?
  15. Terein Active Member

Says you.

I think a lot of people would say that Coercer should have remained evil only as well, but it's not now, why are you so insistent on keeping significantly less evil/good classes, locked as evil/good? (Paladin / SK is really the only defensible one)

Honestly the only evil feeling city in the game is Neriak anyway, Freeport really doesn't even seem all that "evil" anymore. Corrupt is probably a better word, but again that's not the same evil it was before the revamp, they really tamed it down a lot. Adding to that, Qeynos isn't really pure good as it was before the revamp either.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

Actually, she was originally a defiler, then mystic, then defiler, then mystic. So yeah... I've tried both and prefer Mystic. I just don't like Qeynos, its so... clean. =P My Troub, Illy, and then-Paladin were also good but all were betrayed to Freeport around the same time I changed them all to halflings (shortly after Illy was changed to neutral). The Pally (now SK) was last, because I was very reluctant to change classes, but eventually did, and actually like it better. But I still think my Pally brethren should be allowed to live with me in Freeport. They're ok dudes, just a lil too pious for my taste ;)
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yes, there is...on the PvP servers. I can move a paladin off of a PvE server to the PvP server for $25. Do the betrayal quest and move said paladin to Freeport. Instead of hailing the shadowknight NPC in Freeport, I can hail the paladin NPC and remain a paladin in Freeport. I then pay another $25 to move this now evil-aligned paladin back to the original server. What ya gonna do now about that situation? It's not worth it to me to pay SOE $50 for something that makes no sense ever since they allowed 9 other classes to be neutral (8 + beastlord) If it's good enough for PvP then make it the same for PvE.

How can an evil paladin ruin your role playing fun? It just shows that you're not creative enough as a role player to work with a new twist in the lore. If you do not want to interact with an evil paladin, then put that character on /ignore and go about your business. If you people can justify a good assassin and evil ranger, then you can do the same with the brigand and swashbucklers. Likewise with the other 6 classes that are still not neutral on PvE servers.
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

The PvP servers are an exception for game mechanic reasons - it's much harder to raid if you can't group with certain classes. Lore-wise, either there's an alternate Norrath somewhere, or the PvE servers have the "real" lore. I suppose there's no real reason why swashbucklers or mystics couldn't be evil, but paladin, shadowknight, and necromancer don't really fit the other side. Neither, really, do defiler or brigand, which, I suppose, is why swashie and mystic have to stay good-only.

And it's not about being unable to role-play with an evil paladin. It's that evil paladins can't exist. They're called shadowknights.

I like the good/evil setup we had at launch. I like it being part of the lore and part of the game. I'd prefer for as much of it to stay around as possible, even though it seems SOE are going in the opposite direction.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

We've been over necromancers already... there are ALREADY necromancers that Qeynos is willing to deal with, they are in Paineel and they are considered neutral. Why can't my necro be like them, and move to Qeynos if she chose? (she wouldn't, I pretty much hate Qeynos and have always preferred FP.) If the queen can accept murderers-for-hire (assassins), why can't she accept people who beat other people up for their money (brigands)? If Lucan is willing to work with Templars, why not Paladins?
    Cyliena likes this.
  20. Terein Active Member

I'm sorry, since when are PVP servers exempt from the games lore? Just because things are a little different doesn't mean they're exempt from the games lore -- at all.

Also Shadowknights and Paladins are different in the way they do things, that doesn't necessarily have to convert into an alignment based thing. Just because a Paladin wants to live in Freeport doesn't mean that they're magically a Shadowknight just for being there.

Also Necromancers are probably the easiest to work with. Necromancy doesn't have to be an evil thing, take a look at Skyrim, It's generally accepted by the populace, however it is frowned upon outside of the College. (I noticed in the Qeynos priest timeline they've already wrote this exact lore into the game, so that is what it is)