10th Expansion Announced this year?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lendrick, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Lendrick New Member

I was wondering if there has already been a thread or place this has been discussed, that they should announce the 10th expansion this year for EQ2 as it turns 9 years old this year. The sooner they announce it, the sooner it will motivate people to keep playing and get thier character levelled up.

I am hoping the 10th Expansion will see more than just end-game content. Being the 10th one, I would expect something special for a 10th addition, perhaps the re-instating of Qeynos and/or Freeport as starting zones. An increase in level cap to 100 (10th expansion, 100 levels), perhaps a new race, new class and an improvment of the graphics to Direct X 10. (10th Expansion) and perhaps a Physical Collectors edition including all 10 expansions and statue, art book, making of Blu Ray and have it cost $100 (10th expansion) so as you can see, using the number 10 is consistant.

Any other suggestions?
  2. Othaodin Member

I would REALLY like to see something like this. Seeing as I was here before release and I am just NOW returning. I am really excited to get back into this game. I think back then I was just impatient and i didn't have the money to keep a sub. But now that the game is free and I don't feel rushed or obligated to spend my money. I will be able to enjoy the game. Would be very cool to see something special happen for a 10th expansion.
  3. Mohee Active Member

I'd like to see the many things still currently wrong with current and past content fixed before releasing more broken stuff into the game. :cool:
  4. Maxxen Member

Next expansion is called EQNext. This game is on life support and I wouldn't expect any big expansions like back in the day. All resources have been diverted to eqnext.
  5. Terein Active Member

People have been saying that since shortly after RoK launched when EQ3 was first announced to be in development, we've got TSO, SF, and DoV since then, all things considered they aren't much smaller than EoF / RoK.

They really cut back on the GU content though, expansions aren't really hurting too bad aside from CoE being quite possibly the worst expansion I've ever seen in an MMO. (not counting AoD of course) That's from a combination of a lack of content, and poorly designed content. (Mostly because of how it's designed it is though)
  6. Tyriendarkpaw New Member

for the 10th I would also like a physical expansion not another digital an would love to see two playable races Othmir for Good an Gnolls for evil I think those two races would be good,as heck Othmir have been asked for so come on SOE lets see um Please. *Gives the sad ratonga look*
  7. Avirodar Well-Known Member

For the 10th expansion, I want the head of the Sleeper in my Guild Hall. It has been far too long coming.

Level 100 is all but inevitable. It looks nice, though to me, it is just a number.

The graphics engine is unlikely to see any notable improvements. Shader3 did not end well, and I struggle to see why SOE would invest such a significant overhaul to EQ2's engine, when EQ3 is just around the corner.

A $100 price tag? Maybe for people who want the fully loaded collectors edition pack posted to their home. I'll take the regular $40 digital download expansion. :)
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

What can be, as i hope, with the next xpac you gain a key to get on the eqnext beta ^^ would be nice, whatever the next xpac will be :eek:
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

So will you come back to this forum and apologize when EverQuest II's next expansion (which EQ2 devs and designers are working their **** off on) is announced at SOE Live?
    Wirewhisker, Deveryn and Alenna like this.
  10. Vandrago Active Member

I just don't want to see more mobs kicking/tossing/throwing you all over the screen, that is enough to make me pass on it.
    Alenna and Wirewhisker like this.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Some form of new scripts, take out those "I kick you around the globe in 1 second" or "I don´t know you, even you hit me with this swords, cause i dont feel nothing" aka memshuffel ;)
  12. Sando Member

would love Luclin Xpac , really miss'd Ssra temple , VT , and lord seru
    Kuulei likes this.
  13. Skwor Active Member

No it won't. Like all other trolls it will just crawl back under his bridge until the next time it see's an opportunity to spread grief and discontent.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I want to see a game finally have an End Expansion.

At the end of the next expac, Veeshan comes back, is annoyed, and destroys the world.

The End. (roll the credits)
    Kraeref and ttobey like this.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There were SO many zones on Luclin that I really enjoyed.

Leveling in Paludal Caverns with all it's trains. Dawnshroud Peaks...zone from one train right into another (which happened at several zonelines there). The Grey, where you needed an item like Fishbone Earring or Lodizal Shell Shield or do NOT go AFK in case your breathing spell wore off. Such a long list of really fun zones.
    Karrane and Kuulei like this.
  16. Alanducar Active Member

Honestly i don't normally want something amazing but for this time i have to agree with the 10th expansion being something special. I can speculate on what that is till i am blue in the face but i usually just wait with bated breathe whenever they make that big announcement. Traditionally they do reveal new expansion content or at least make it known during their SOE live stuff but it may be too early to announce something that big in August since they usually don't release expacs till at least late November/December on an annual basis. Would be nice to see something special though, i might be one of the few people who really still loves this game and has never really seen a reason to jump ship to other things for very long. :)
  17. Dyablo New Member

For me, Nexus have to come for this 10th expansions pack. Like the story from EQ1 to EQ2, After the explosion of the moon, some piece crash on Norrath and change all. Now you can see 2 moon in the sky. One ok and the other is on fire. Recreate a New Nexus to acces the news zone on this new moons for the 10th expensions will be great. Other think like people say, a new race to play, will be cool to.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I loved the Luclin zones. In EQ1 I rarely spent time on Norrath itself.
  19. Garhix New Member

Luclin was fun but I had more fun with Planes of Power.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If Velious isn't wrapped up by then, it could be the last update for that continent. We're still missing Western Wastes, Dragon Necropolis, Temple of Veeshan and Plane of Mischief. We know the last one is on the way with the not-so-subtle hints dropped in Cobalt Scar.

I'm curious to see what's next. Some PoP zones would be cool. Innovation was one of my favorites. That would be nice to see one July around Tinkerfest. :)