Is it worth to sub?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hammii, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Hammii New Member

I am creating this because i find the benefits of the gold member is slowly losing it's shine. I am not saying i am not enjoying myself but rather the things that are being presented to the gold members are getting lesser and lesser and it makes the F2P looks more worth the time.

Although unlocking race and classes is nice and all.. but then we would have to pay extra for expansion?, it just doesn't make much sense, looking at the Matrix system, comparing Free, Silver and Gold, Gold and silver has almost no difference.

I myself brought a 3 months all access pass to just explore and play around all the games SOE has to offer, so far DC universe, Everquest and Vanguard is interesting to my point of view.. but giving so much privilege to the F2P, and the silver makes it almost no sense to go gold here..

this is said from MY OWN point of view, so do not flame or blame me for it.
  2. Othaodin Member

Ya know. I'm having a hard time figuring out if i want to sub as well my friend. But i mean it IS only 14.99 for one month. Then if you dont feel like it, at the very least after that month you will be dropped to silver. I was originally a silver but i cant remmeber my original account information. actually i dont think its that, i think its the fact that i cant access the old email address i used to sub. but i could always try to log in quickly lol. So with that said. I too am going to take my time and figure it out and see what fits best. But coming back after being away for almost nearly 8 years im very excited to give it a go, and hopfully find some active folks to team with on a reg sched
  3. RedeyezBro New Member

I am going to tell you now, I have been back for about a week or two myself.If your MAX level already, I would say go for it. If you are still leveling without the AoD x-pac, I would highly suggest you either box or pay for the AoD x-pac. No one really levels in this game anymore. Sad to say but the "one-alignment" and mercs took out the need to group at low levels, and no one seems to use the DF system, and the DMs got nerfed ("adjusted") WAY to much.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want, at last. If you want to game and have fun, more casual way, f2p silver could fit in, as you don´t get to switch fabed loot that often. If you want to play full with raid in endgame..... i would pay for it, as the item unlocker can become a sum (well, just a guess).
  5. Togusah New Member

The F2P option is always nice but the class & race restrictions drove me nuts as I just resubbed two days ago.
    Not being able to wear fabled items or learn Master spells I may get, or the limited Broke use? Gah!

As RedeyezBro said and I can totally agree on, Age of Discovery is a must have as Mercenaries are so valuable when it comes down to it due their being zero groups till max level.
  6. Hammii New Member

i am not trying to devalue the gold member, i mean looking at the race, other then the appearance, nothing is changed. As for the class, items and spell.. i agree that its significant, but still not enough.. i mean spells not going to grandmaster does not lose out much, comparing the spells side by side.. as for the broker wise, i don't use them so i don't find much difference in them..

i think you are more going towards the side of living the dream of a perfect character..
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

I don't see the point of this thread. If you're happy with the race and class selections, broker restrictions, and having expert spells, then by all means, stay (or switch to) FTP. Its sort of a moot discussion...
  8. Koleg Active Member

One word ... POP-UPs that is worth 15 bucks a month a lone for some people, not to mention the URL Hi-Jacking everytime you logout.
  9. Gaarysal Active Member

I'm assuming you are still low level? The reason I say that is at low level there is no reason to sub unless you want to level up quicker (can move slider off 50%). Once you hit DoV you will need to sub or pay for every piece of gear since it's all legendary+. If you have no intention of buying coe + dov then sure you can stay f2p but good luck finding groups for that content.

It's also worth noting once you're max level you really only need to pay 1 time then just make sure you make enough plat over the course of a month to buy krono which is very easy to do. You could technically even make the plat while f2p since there's no more plat cap.
  10. Togusah New Member

No, I just would not rather be restricted by any means. For example, I came across 12 rare collectibles that I otherwise couldn't sell if I was silver. Not saying its not a viable option of how to play but in the long run, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
    Heart margot likes this.
  11. Hammii New Member

as i said in the first place i am just finding out is it worth the money just for those things, or maybe a small feedback to SOE.. if u have no constructive feedback please keep your comments to yourself, and please read the post before commenting....

yes, i am still new to it, but i did not see any slider for extra experience..

And as for the others, thanks for your feedback
  12. Grumble69 Member

Ultimately I think it's going to come down to play style. If I had just one or two chars that I played and they were 95% developed (gear, abilities, etc), then I'd be tempted to switch to silver too. But if you're an altaholic, then I personally think that gold holds a lot of advantages over silver.

Fortunately it's a moot issue with me. I took advantage of the triple SC, discounted subscription. And once that runs out, I've bought enough Kronos to get me through late 2014. So SOE likely won't get a dime from me except on expansions. ....speaking of Kronos, that could always be the way to go. On CB server, supply is outpacing demand. They were selling in the 600ish range, but it seems to be in the 400-500 range now.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well, you are better suited to answer your own query. Go ahead and drop to silver and give it a try.

Things you may notice right away if you didn't stick to the F2P allowed race / class combinations:
    Silver or Bronze Classes: Guardian, Berserker, Templar, Inquisitor, Wizard, Warlock, Swashbuckler, Brigand
    Silver or Bronze Races: Barbarian, Erudite, Half-elf, Human
    If your character(s) is different than above, you will have to pay to unlock them.

Since you were previously gold, you will only drop down to Silver Membership. That will allow a bit more than the entry-level F2P (Bronze) as far as banking and bags:
    You will drop down to 2 shared bank slot (gold is 8) and drop down to 4 bag slots on each character (gold is 6).

Leveling: Unless you have purchased DoV, allowing you to get to level 92 or purchased Chains of Eternity (which includes DoV) and allows you to level to 95, you are restricted to only attaining level 90 in adventuring and crafting as a F2P.
    As a Gold member, you can adjust your AA slider to level or gain aa's your way, as a Silver member it is locked at 50% to level and 50% to AA.

At lower levels, you may not be affected by the restrictions of down-grading as much as a long-time and / or higher-level character might be.
    Try it out and if you find the restrictions are too much, you can always re-sub!

Happy trails n' Hunting no matter your choice!
  14. SentinelBasch Active Member

Well, not everyone power-levels to the end. I, for one, have been taking my time and savoring each moment of it.

While the F2P model is less restrictive than its competitors, what you get for the gold sub is very worth it to me. Also, depending on how many characters you choose to make, the cost of unlocking the other races and classes would really add up very quickly.

Another thing to mention about the gold sub is the number of quests you can have at any one time. If you don't plan to power-level through the whole game, then then is very relevant, as the bronze and silver levels are very restrictive in this regard.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

And you could do with a little less vitriol in your response...
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

17. Estal Well-Known Member

Restrictions on gear you can equip, its only a problem while leveling up as you constantly come across new gear that would be an upgrade, however obviously once you hit the lvl cap that slows down as you start to work towards specific desirable items so the 25sc fee is a less frequent annoyance.

You can't sell stuff on broker unless you buy broker tokens (or whatever they are called), this is a really massive restriction, can't sell on broker might as well not play, so there they really get you to pay for sc.

Limited number of bag slots, massive problem, this isn't Skyrim where you just spend 10 minutes dropping stuff to the ground so you can move again, everything has a value.

You can only buy from broker where you have to pay the broker a fee, subbed players can bypass that by visiting the sellers home and buying from the sales crate there, not really a problem for cheap things like lets say lvl 50 drinks, but you really don't want to pay 20% extra plat to buy some lvl 95 fabled item.

Limited classes, races and character slots, not really a problem, sure its expensive to unlock them all on f2p, however over a couple month its cheaper than paying for a sub.

Also you can save a lot on the sub itself by subbing for more than a month at a time, its less than 10$ per month if you sub for a year, saves a lot of money over the years.

Personally I sub on all but 1 of my accs at the moment, but then maybe I love the broker too much:D