Request for three new quested flying mounts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SandsMans, Mar 3, 2013.

1. SandsMans Active Member

1. Sokokar!

After completing the Sokokar quest series in Kylong Plains & having reached level 85, you receive a letter from either Borbin Happens (Adventurer) or Jones (Tradeskiller).

Lynchpin’s done it again! - After having successfully rescued Lynchpin from the drolvarg ambush, s/he’s now been captured by the Di’Zok!

Adventurers and Tradeskillers must now return to Chardok and assassinate the Queen in a special instance of the zone.
    As an Adventurer you must battle your way to the queen in a scaling version of the dungeon and rescue Lynchpin. This can be done in Advanced Solo mode or Heroic.
    Alternatively as a Tradeskiller you must craft items that you can use to progress through a dungeon filled with red con encounters. This can be done by yourself or with a group of Tradeskillers.

2/3. Droag/Holgresh Wings!

After earning the Destroyer of Droag achievement (Adventurers) or having completed “High Risks, Higher Profits - Part 2”, ”Is It Good News?” and “Totemic Reinforement” (Tradeskiller), you will notice a wingless Droag corpse in the Village of Alivan in the Withered Lands.

The Holgresh are trying to claim the skies for themselves by developing techniques for removing the Droags’ wings!

Aide the Droags! or... Defend the Holgresh! - The Droags are fed up with having their wings clipped by the Holgresh and have launched an assault on the Holgresh Pass.

Adventurers and Tradeskillers must go to a special instance of the Holgresh Pass out in the Withered Lands.
    Upon entering the instance you are given a choice, if you help the Droags defeat the Holgresh you are rewarded with a pair of Holgresh wings; if you help the Holgresh make a stand against the Droags you are rewarded with a pair of Droag wings.

This instance will consist of a timed ring event of increasing waves and difficulty. This can be done in Advanced Solo mode or Heroic.
    Alternatively as a Tradeskiller you must craft items to keep the Holgresh or Droag army alive long enough to defeat the other side. This can be done by yourself or with a group of Tradeskillers.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Interesting ideas, I personally want to become a dragon myself. For real. Estred is a Dragon Goddess in the world she is from (yeah she is not a native EQ2 Character) she hails as the Dragon Goddess of Balance over the High-Dragon Gods in her world. She rules that worlds Void-Plane.

I would love to see her actualized in EQ2 though. She frankly finds Kerafym as he is portrayed in ST: Temproal Leap to be the closest thing she could find to a mate in EQ2 though ;) don't think she cares he is supposedly the world ender and a total jerk.
  3. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I think I remember animator TTobey mentioning that he likes Sokokar and would be interested in animating them as a flying mount. However, he said that it would be a significant amount of work, and the dev team as a whole feel that time is better spent making new, original content instead of refitting old stuff. Maybe if enough players make it known that they're interested in riding sokokar, they'll prioritize it!
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

You know if it was allowed I would do it myself. I know rigging and animation but unfortunately I do not work for SOE. EQ2 has a small dev team from what I can tell as an outsider and yes TTobey has said that Sokokar would be great, but difficult my guess is they were made differently and that makes it hard to convert them to flying mounts.
  5. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Yes, from past discussions, it appears there is a lot of extra data that has to be added to non-flying mounts by hand in order to make them flyable. And its even worse for server-controlled mounts like sokokars and (old-style) griffins, as they don't even have the most basic mount animations. Personally, my dream is a flyable Fitzpitzle's Hover Platform, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  6. Terein Active Member

People have only been asking for a Sokokar mount since RoK beta... I'm honestly amazed that there hasn't been 100 of them popped in the Marketplace by now.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Maybe when they get around to allowing player studio mounts we might see them. (Albeit ones that don't look exactly like the current ones.)