OK I'm tha bad boy around here

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by gargamelscat, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Your reply makes no sense here.

I'd love these secondary stances if everyone had them. If you haven't been playing other MMO's when classes can do what fighters and BL's can do, ALL the classes can switch to viable second roles. Usually its DPS and some other prime role such as healer or tank.

I don't think BL's need a nerf hammer applied to them though, personally I think any OP DPS they do know can be fixed bya adjusting procs to work properly.

I just get annoyed when people act as if being able to switch roles on the fly is 'no big deal' especially when most other classes can't. Think about if they just outright took one of those BL stances away, you know, made them like the other DPS classes. I'd be very surprised if the majority of BL's would be fine with that. Imagine if say, sorcerers were the only classes that were able to switch between AA specs on the fly. People would be pretty upset yeah? Well that's what fighters and BL's can do, to a greater extent actually.
    Alenna likes this.
  2. Liav Well-Known Member

I think it makes plenty of sense. However, I am going to be honest and say that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Beastlord class had never been introduced to the game in the first place. I am of the belief that Beastlords are not particularly OP, nor are the individual roles that they can fulfill.

The class itself in EQ1 was dumb, and I guess they couldn't find a way to make them work in EQ2 without dividing their utility and DPS up entirely separately. I think Spiritual Stance BLs are what BLs should have been in their entirety, as a class, instead of having a stance that turns them into a competitive T1.

I don't think there's a way to "fix" that problem without disrupting the core of the current classes already in the game, which is what my post was talking about. On that topic, though, I'm not going to get involved talking about fixes/buffs to some classes that need them. I'd rather people just let go of this dumb argument, and deal with the fact that there's another class they can TRADE PLACES with on the top of the parse.

When GU66 rolls around and potentially implements some of these class fixes that were posted about in the class feedback threads, the playing field may feel a bit more fair. Still, I don't feel that the playing field is particularly unfair right now.
  3. Netty Member

Neiloch are you getting outparsed by your fighters or something? I find it so funny with ppl like you crying over reckless. There was a reason why fighters got it. Fighters was not being used since on most fights you dont need that many. There are plenty of dps classes in a raid and plenty of utility and heals aswell. Is it really that bad that a fighter can turn themself into a t2 dps class? Sure let remove the ranger utility they have right now and put it on a stance that lowers your potency and cb by 50% then sounds good?
  4. Liav Well-Known Member

Rangers don't have utility. Also, Neiloch is probably a better player than you could ever hope to be. I'm not necessarily in agreement with his argument, but don't be dumb.
    Alenna likes this.
  5. Netty Member

Bet you not. And rangers do have Utility. If not you better start learning the game abitmore. Even if its not amazing utility its still utility. And that damage procs does a nice boost in dps for the group. Im not saying hes a bad player in anyway as i have never played with him befor. But he should understand why tanks got this stance over a dps class.
  6. CowControl Member

If a BL doubles u dmg in raid, with same gear only mean u realy fail playing u class and also u in wrong group. Just unistall game and try Hello Kitty Online and stop come cry here.
  7. Draylore Well-Known Member

First things first: BL should have never been added to the game........EQ2 already had to many classes ...adding a 25th...then putting it in a category (T1 DPS) that already has limited slots on raids due to the need for healers, multiple bards and enchanters just made matters worse IMO. Adding BL was a marketing stunt pure and simple.

But what is done is done......BL are a class in EQ2.......despite what some ting....they are a T1 DPS scout class. The 'versatility' so many in here keep mentioning really should not be taken into account because when it comes to raiding.......no raid worth their salt takes a BL because of that 'versatility'. They bring them to fill a T1 DPS slot....pure and simple.

My main is an Assassin.....at first I was like everyone else.....OMG BL are OP they can beat me on the parse. Instead of coming to the forums and crying I rolled a BL ...got it to level...then spent some time learning the class and on a target dummy. I determined that given same gear and buffs ...that yeah my BL could probably beat my Assassin pretty regularly....but really not by much..BUT.....and this was the key point.....the BL would be 5x as hard to do that with.

Raiding in CoE ...in a raid forces i've been in with equally geared and capable played T1 DPS classes.....we are all fighting for those top spots....and its close. Every now and then one of us will blow the other out but its usually on stuff that doesn't matter (trash, adds, heavy heroic AE junk, etc).....But I know that BL is working harder than I am =P I honestly see nothing wrong with things and all this 'BL are OP' junk is just coming from lesser informed players IMO.

If any class(s) need to be looked at and potentially toned down IMO it would be summoners.....but again....that is based purely on 2nd hand observation since I just can't lower myself to rolling a summoner =P
    Venea and Eileithia like this.
  8. Melgaroth New Member

Replying directly to the underline in the quote.

Why in the world would ANY raid bring a Beastlord if all he had was spiritual stance. You can have a real utility in there instead helping the group out far better.

You might as well just go ahead and admit that you don't want Beastlords in the game and stop there instead of being wishy washy about it. Having only Spiritual BL's would be about the same thing in regards to raiding, which is what we all care about am I right?
  9. Koleg Active Member

This is pure double-talk. Claiming a competing class for your classes role is OP is a call for 1 of 2 things … your benefit or your competitions’ detriment and the last time I checked, the best way to go about getting buffs for your class role was not to point out how much better other classes are.

Sorry, this is not correct. My raiding SK is consistently in the middle of T2 utility while in Defensive stance 100% of the zone.

Again sorry, this is not correct, at least not from my raiding experience. Our Wizards are top parsers 8/10 times. Our Warlocks will hit #1 in AE fights and our Rangers will hit #1 on ranged single target (Yes there are these types of fights in the game). We don’t currently run any Assassins, but if we did, they would be hitting the top parse a few times a night as well I’m certain of.

I tend to disagree with this last statement based on how I play my Necro. You’re suggesting the Necro class is Utility first and DPS second. The Necro can certain change their focus from DPS to Rezz’ing and spot Healing support at will and that does come at a cost of DPS

I think the true issue is you’re point of view is not equal to others and my guess is that is due to the people whom you group with. Your gear is all COE Drinal armor with COE Heroic and SS raid mixed jewelry. Which means you’re clearly not raiding in COE? So who are all these BLs and what are they wearing or where are they raiding. Are you petitioning that a Heroic geared Ranger should out parse a Raid geared BL? Because you’re clearly not anywhere near the top of the current x-pak gear set, so who are all these BLs you’re complaining about? Are they also geared in COE Heroic or SS Raid gear?
  10. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Maybe if you use zero shaman in raid.

I don't even care so much that BL's get the spiritual stance. That's more something for an illy to worry about competing with. Yeah, it's unbalanced that they have it, but whatever. I just would like pet proc'ing neutered so BL's dps is in line with the rest of the T1 pack. Then maybe you see some bl's actually raiding spiritual.

Though assassins are the most powerful dps class currently. Beastlord's aren't going to out-parse them by 8% of the mob's health.
    Neiloch likes this.
  11. Draylore Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought about bringing up that 8% bleed debuff detail in my earlier response but pretty sure the people that are in here claiming how OP BL are have no clue about that and are just looking at those pretty #'s in ACT. :)

Sadly its those very same uninformed QQs that SoE seems to listen to the most.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Koleg. Im comparing heroic geared BL, I'm not stupid to compare me vs a raid geared BL
  13. Balbasur Active Member

He is close to getting replaced by a BL, yes. Sorry Netty, but you were warned 800k dps is not that good for a ranger provided other classes can do 1.3 times yours and provide more utility.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

But, BL's do need about a 10% damage nerf to be in line where they should be, they are with out a doube currently the most OP scout class.
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

no, most want to compete on parse and dgaf about 8% hpdebuff. sure that get's me in the raid but the "fun" is parsing and waht this entire thread is about.
  16. Netty Member

What are you talking about? I have been warned or what are you saying?

And what does 1.3times the dps mean? dubbel? 800k is pretty low dps for a pow gered ranger if played well tbh.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

BL's OP? No
    BL's getting 2x as many Procs as any other T1 DPS class (Except Summoners) OP? Yes.
    This game has turned purely into who can proc the most recently. This is one of the reasons BL's come out on top. Assassins have no pets, Rangers Auto does 1/2 as many hits (Not DWing), and BL's get to DW and have Pet procs.

Take a look at any top end parse, and how much of the dps comes from procs. Especially when you consider the sheer boost to CB that BL's can maintain for these procs.

TL;DR - Nerf Procs or Nerf Pet Procs.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Or still my favorit choice, push the other classes to a certain point.
    Alenna likes this.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

stop asking for nerfs of a nother class ask for some love for your class to get them more competitive with the BL
  20. Draylore Well-Known Member

All those procs still do not add up to ~8% of the mob's health :)

Wish people would quit quick glancing at pretty numbers in ACT and think a little about all that goes into the #'s people see in parses.