Visionary Mending effect on raid crafted helms

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vicah, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Vicah Member

The effect reads "When Equipped: Increases the caster's heals and wards by 8%" yet none of my tool tips on my heals go up as a result of this effect. Is it broken or simply just a visual bug?
  2. Parable New Member

The effect could be broken. Comparing an EM helmet and the raid-crafted leather hat with the extremely close potency and crit bonus, Visionary Mending doesn't add anything.
  3. Wonsokman New Member

I just tested it and its working correctly im not sure the problem your having also never look at tooltips when testing cast your single and compare however my tool tip also went up when i changed to the crafted helm so not sure the issue your having.
  4. Vicah Member

On both my Inq and Warden, I tested the crafted leather helm (refined with 3 points into potency) vs the EM Helm. Both saw an increase of less than 1% on the tool tips which can be attributed to the small potency difference between the two helms.

Inq's don't have any wards so I can only easily rely on tooltips to see increases. When I tested Ward of the Untamed on my Warden which has no variance in effectiveness, the ward in my maintained window went from something like 44,600 to 45,000 or roughly 1% which again can be attributed to the small potency gain I got from the crafted helm.

So, on my tool tips it's not displaying anything close to an 8% increase on heals. On the one ward that I have across the two toons, it's not displaying anything close to an 8% increase on heals in the maintained window. The very small gain I am seeing I believe can only be attributed to the potency difference.

How did you test the effect to determine that it was working properly?
  5. Wonsokman New Member

371.3 cb/385.4 pot with mc hat on single target ward when cast hit for 60,022
    372.7cb/386.7 pot with avatar helm single target ward when cast hit for 59,386

also this test was done with no procs active.
  6. Vicah Member

I stripped down to just a couple pieces of gear and finally saw proper % increases. I should have done that in the first place but when I saw just tiny gains like less than 100 to a reactive or HoT, I just assumed it was broken.

Oh well, I'm just stupid. Delete or close the thread.