Need help makeing plats 8)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Darkravager, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Darkravager New Member

i need help makeing plats i have 16 mouths to feed armor and add weapons and such whats the best place for a LVL 62 RANGER to get plats

Everfrost server
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

62? Well you can't farm many of the zones others use for plat runs. Your best best probably would be to collect shinies in the Kingdom of Sky, many sell for 20gp to a few plat. Alternatively you can harvest for Rares that also sell sometimes.
  3. Koleg Active Member

It is easy enough to make plats doing the things other people cannot find the time to do... such as farming the shinnies (as said above) or using the City Festivals or Moonlight Grottos to broker the house items. Can make 1,000's of plat selling these things along with rare harvests.
  4. Marschstiefel Active Member

Level that ranger to 95,be patient,get some nice gear.....grab a merc,mentor to 90....go in PR,SOH.....problem solved.

Than remake another 60s twink.....which will be more uber.
  5. Mohee Active Member

The prices of collections right now are ridiculous during double XP! Go out and harvest shineys and sell them!
  6. Rael Member

Some of the lesser ventured into lower instances have shineys that sell for quite a lot, I forget the name of the zone but it is at the top of nek forest by the waterfall. I ran that for a long time with my bl and the shineys sold for a lot.

If you were ok with the idea of crafting then a lot of lower level carpenter items sell very well, I purely used my carp to make plat for quite a while and all I seemed to make were either holiday items (low level only is required) or things like feyiron fencing and that little toon made a lot of plat.

Another benefit of having a crafter is you can put points into the harvestable tracker so you can just head straight for the next shiny and it is much easier to collect things within higher level zones (my level 20 farmed Velious for shineys a lot). The tinkered item gnomish divining rod worked well for this too although with only 5 charges it can be expensive to make/buy and takes up a lot of bag space - you don't have to be a crafter to use that I think, and I'm pretty sure 62's could use them.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

The zone at the top of Nektulos Forest you thought of is Nektropos Castle.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

At the top of Nek Forest zone behind a waterfall? Nah, gotta be a Bloodlines Chronicles zone I think. But the Nektropos Castle 3 zone has a few good collectables, too.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Ah, yes that zone. Well I must have missed that. I think you are right it is Bloodline Chronicles area. I been there like once XD
  10. Rael Member

Sorry for the delay, yes it is part of the bloodlines chronicle, Tombs of the Night quest series :)
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It really depends on what you enjoy doing in-game. At that level, I was slaughtering Sandscrawler goblins in Sinking Sands for pocket change, they drop a bunch of vendor-loot and such. I recall being all excited when I made my first-ever platinum. And I ran circles over and over through the Shimmering Citadel killing djinns and picking up shinies.

Harvesting
    Harvesting can be a huge money-maker. You can sell the rares for decent money, especially feysteel and ebon.Some common harvests sell okay on the broker, check prices.

Put on iTunes or Pandora or the stereo, find a zone, and harvest. If you haven't yet, travel to the Isle of Mara and walk over to the Village of Shin, and look for the idiot child swimming fully clad in a pond. This is Quo Augren, who will give you the Gathering Obsession questline. Each step of the quest makes a handful of gold, and ends with the Cloak of the Harvester. You can also get a variety of tools that will help you harvest.

Best harvest locations by tier (personal picks based on ease of seeing nodes mostly): Timorous Deep; The Commonlands; Thundering Steppes; Everfrost, Lavastorm and Rivervale; The Sinking Sands (esp. the crocodile caves and around the Twin Tears), The Barren Sky, Jarsath Wastes.

Collectibles
    Along the way as you harvest, you WILL see shinies, which you should likewise nab. Don't neglect the lower zones: note the prices on some of the butterflies, ants, beetles, and spiders on the broker!

Good shiny dungeons: Wailing Caves, Fallen Gate, Stormhold, Tombs of Night, Klak'Anon, The Shimmering Citadel, The Silent City. Good shiny overland zones: Zek, the Orcish Wastes, Everfrost, The Bonemire.

Hunting can make pocket change from individual kills, but can also result in the drop of collectible book pages, some of which sell very well. Good spots for this: The Feerrott, The Sinking Sands (the aforementioned Sandscrawler Goblins) The Clefts of Rujark.

Crafting
    The crafting trades are not the great moneymakers they once were, but some crafters can still make money.
    • Carpenters are the only tradeskill that can sell items from all tiers, because interior decorators don't care about tier, they're after appearance; and everyone needs boxes and sales crates.
    • Tailors make backpacks, which people need until/unless they can carry huge boxes. Mages in particular like the mastercrafted backpacks, which reduce weight, necessary if you have little strength.