Stat Advice for a Coercer

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Somnium, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Somnium New Member

I'm looking to maximize my dps and redo some of my adorns. I've read several threads on what adorns to use, etc but my question is more around stat caps and numbers. I have mix of EM, HM and POW gear

At the moment I'm sitting at (read below) self buffed
    420cc
    341cb
    322pot
    4773ab
    110reuse
    110cast speed
    43recovery
    627MA - I know I can reduce this...
    145dps
    95haste
    33melee AE
    5006int
    784crushing and piercing
    695disruption

Basically what numbers should I be focusing on and what changes can I make due to caps, and diminishing returns, etc?
    Can I reduce disruption for more crushing? Maybe be vague, but any help is appreciated.
  2. Koleg Active Member

It is all going to be gear dependant ... your current stats show just what you said .. EM/HM/PoW mix.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

If the cap for disruption is still according to this formula (6.5 * 95 lvl =617) then you can. I don't think there is such cap for weapon skills.
    Instead of ab mod i was reforging foe AE chance. I am around 76%. But it's all up to you. For some fights when we have to be ranged weapon skills do not do much.
  4. Somnium New Member

"If the cap for disruption is still according to this formula (6.5 * 95 lvl =617) then you can. I don't think there is such cap for weapon skills."
    That's what I've been wondering too. Can anyone confirm this formula still holds true?
  5. Somnium New Member

Bueller, Bueller, anyone?
  6. Koleg Active Member

What would be the reason, or the reason to think, that the Spell or Weapon stat cap formula would _NOT_ be the same as it has been?
  7. Irving Member

1) Get your crushing skill to at least 900 self buffed. To do so, adorn every slot you can with superior Astral Weaponry adorns. This is mandatory, as your weapon skill is much too low and you are missing a lot of auto attack swings.

2) You can lower your MA as far as 585, since you'll get 15 from a dirge.

3) You need DPS and Haste at 200 when in a group. So figure out who you normally group with, see where your DPS and haste are at, and adjust accordingly. I suspect your self-buffed DPS and haste are too low right now.

4) As you can, reforge more Ability Mod and Melee AE Auto.

That's about it - you're doing fine on everything else as best I can see. :) Coercers are one of the easiest classes to spec, in my opinion, because it's just MA/DPS/Haste to soft cap, then AbMod, then AE Auto.
  8. Somnium New Member

Exactly what I was looking for Irving! Thank you very much. One question however, by putting weaponry on every availabe slot, i'm only at 569 disruption. Will that be an issue?
  9. Koleg Active Member

Thats OK since his is only 543...
    Adorning Weapon Skillz is a good idea .. but 900+ might be a little excesive.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

B/c it said on every site related to eq2.