Where to buy clothes?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by skilo47, Jan 27, 2013.

1. skilo47 New Member

I just started playing eq2 yesterday, Im level 12 warlock but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells cool clothes.
  2. Brienae Active Member

A few places I can think of off the top of my head where you can purchase/obtain clothes are
    1 The Marketplace by typing /marketplace. This requires station cash which based on what account level you are playing on you might get free. If you are on a gold membership you recieve 500 sc a month. There are many different outfits to purchase there. If you do not have a gold account then you can purchase sc using real money.
    2 During holidays there are merchants which will sell nice items as well. The next holiday event is in February.
    3 The broker might have some nice looking outfits as well. Or you could level up your tradeskill as a Tailor and make your own. In the first few levels a tailor can make some outfits for appearance but they also make robes.
    4 Another option is seeing what drops. Sometimes just travelling and killing things will give you nice looking gear.
    5 Also sometimes quests have nice looking things that no one else is wearing.
  3. Velekorr Member

The best way To obtain clothes is certainly by the broker, here if you click your control/command key and click on the items icon you can view that in particular piece in you dressing room to see if you character suits the certain piece of armor, otherwise you can search the web for items that maybe accustom to you and see in [Level 1-9] or [Crafting] channels if tradeskillers can make them for you, 9/10 of the time they will ask you to provide the materials needed and these can easily be obtained once again on the broker or farming them yourself :)
  4. Sclerotia Member

(The following is my opinion. If I offend any developers or game designers, I am sorry. But it is better to know what a customer thinks.)

I am a new player as well and to be honest the clothing in this game is a bit of a letdown. The other MMO I have played had a huge selection of player made clothing. By player made I mean they released clothing templates and players made and uploaded there own textures to make clothing. In that game I had 100's of different outfits and would change cloths based on the occasion. In that game there was a wide selection of boots, pants, shirts, jewellery, hair, tattoos, hats, headbands, etc, etc, etc. You could mix and match to look the way you wanted to look.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here is a pic. (Note: I am not saying the name of the game because It is not relevant to the discussion and I don't want to advertise something that is not SOE. The girl in black is an in game GM there to fix an issue with the game.)

[IMG]

In this game most of the clothing looks like it was made to pass the approval of an 80 year old southern baptist minister. It is rare to find anything that shows a lot of skin (Player clothing) and the armour looks like it was designed by a teenager who played too much D&D. Dont get me wrong, among the sea of crud is the occasional great piece of clothing but they are far too few. I have seen better looking outfits in the loading screen than I have in the game. The stuff they sell on SC is not much better, It is ether armour that is way over the top or clothing that is a joke, like the joker hat.

So, I feel for you, it is hard to find good clothing in the game and I would be willing to spend a lost of SC to look good but there has to be a selection. Where is the Roman Armour's, or Greek, or Pictish, How about the Amazonian woman's Armour, Native American armour, or even just the skimpy outfit. Where are the unique hair styles and the hats to go with them?

Why does a ponytail blow forward through your head when you are riding a horse or any other mount? ;)

Why is it that the nymphs can dress in less than the charters even in their own house or in the dressing room?

I can only hope that sony takes the hint, I would love to see a selection of clothing in game that looks good.
  5. Hachi Member

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20060208

I suppose it depends on your opinion of what looks good. I wouldn't be unhappy with a few more options as concerns robe models (just the two with umpteen different color combinations gets old), but I'd hesitate to say there's a lack of variety in customizing your look.
  6. decator666 Member

It's true that clothing in this game is really lacking. I've looked thru my tailors clothes and they are horrible. The robes all seem to look like torn dress...I guess the Korean games have really nice clothes...not to mention characters. I hope they do plan on adding some clothes and options for our characters to be more cool.
  7. HowsMouse New Member

Robes here are pretty sad. They all look the same in style just in different colors. And most have a hood that shows no matter what setting you have or what you really have equipped in head slot. The other thing is they wont show your boots. Pretty much when you wear a robe your stuck with that look. But there is a wide variety of armor that shows skin if thats what your looking for. Sometimes too much skin imo. ;)

My big complaint is when I put a hat, (or helmet for that matter) on my characters their hair disapears! Whats up with that? I spent alot of time choosing the look of each of my characters for my own reasons and to have armor change their looks just ticks me off. I want my characters to have hair not be bald. If I wanted bald I would have chose bald!

In EQ1 my alchemist could make dye to color armor and that was pretty cool. When you used the dye a color window would pop up and you could change each peice of armor to any color and shade of color so you didnt have to look like everyone else. Now being able to use armor dye here would really open doors to customizing our own look. And being a female I know how important it is for a girl to look her best!
  8. Reds Member

Sadly most of the player made clothes are the same pattern just red/blue/green. And at lower levels there aren't very much to choose from.
    It gets better at higher levels, ok not the same as in other games but at least better than just the default clothing in different colors.
    I usually go to the broker, sorts out the robes a Wiz/Warlock can use, sort them by name and ctrl click on them to see how they look in the dressing room. This way you can get an idea of what to look forward to.
    And you can also see if a specific robe/hat/cloak drops from a specific mob/dungeon and start hitting them as soon as you can.