Forums not optimized for Chrome?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ugulbup, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ugulbup New Member

I've noticed whenever I try to connect to the forums using Google Chrome I get an "Under Maintenance" sign. As that is my browser of choice, does anyone know when the forums will be optimized for Chrome?
  2. Dexella Associate Producer

I almost exclusively use Chrome for forums, so I don't think it's a browser issue. I'll forward this on to our forum team, though, to see if they have any ideas. You may need to clear your cache; we had similar issues with IE.

~Dexella
    Le Clown likes this.
  3. Ugulbup New Member

Wow that was fast! :D

Clearing the cache did not fix the issue, still getting the image of FV saying the boards are down for maintenance.
  4. Tayz Member

I'm using chrome right now
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Try using a different browser ot see if it makes a difference. I am currently using Firefox and I love it.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's some kind of directive/redirect on SOE's end. If the client string is not something that's acceptable to SOE, you get the bogus "Under Maintenance" message.
  7. Ugulbup New Member

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean Feldon. Why would an acceptable string (??) suddenly become not acceptable, particularly as others seem to connect with Chrome just fine? It does work with Firefox but I am not going to switch my preferred browser just to read EQ2 boards, particularly when that same browser works for others.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Using Chrome at work (even IT don´t like it) and at home without any problems, if i got those bogus site, i refresh it or relaunch it.... but who knows, sometimes those little gnomes take the site down for real ^^
  9. Thorine New Member

Using Chrome as well with no problem.
    Check your bookmark so it doesn't link to a different page.
    Spindle likes this.
  10. Ugulbup New Member

I've tried copying the URL when I use Firefox into Chrome and I still get the "Under Maintenance" message. The infuriating thing is I can access other forums.station.sony.com sub-forums such as DCUO and Clone Wars without issue. This only seems limited to EQ2.

ARGH!!!!
  11. Stixx New Member

EQ2 Forums aren't optimized for anything... They are poorly thought out and laid out... They have an EQ2 button floating on the page covering half of the forums so you can't access them, and the header bar is in the middle of the forum page instead of at the top... typical SOE... and the sloppy crap the do everywhere. (watch... they will respond that I need to update my browser, but when I try by clicking the link in these forums... it says I'm already using a newer version... that's if they respond)
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

No problem here, sometimes chrome gets a bit itchy, then i have to delete the old cache, after that everything goes normal.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Lemme guess. You are browsing with IE9 and haven't disabled "Compatibility Mode".
    Spindle likes this.