Frostfell on the Frigid Sea

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Afista, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Afista Well-Known Member

My Frostfell house this year is a little, ok a lot, different... it's a pirate ship! But not just any pirate ship, it's a Troll's pirate ship! But, even trolls can clean themselves up to have a classy Frostfell, even when it takes place out on the frigid seas. You are invited to come aboard, have a cup of grog and take a spin on the dancefloor. But keep away from their loot or they might throw you into the cell below deck with those creepy gingerbread people...

(A couple notes on the house. There are icy fireworks that you can turn on to shoot from inside each of the cannons. The trees in the lounge look nicest with decor if you turn on the gold twinkle. And the snowglobe in the lounge will play some music if you want to hit the dance floor. There are also signs throughout the ship with text that I hope is somewhat pirate-like and will add to the experience.)

I haven't been playing so much the past couple of months, so this house wasn't going to be finished in time for Frostfell. In fact, there's still some things that definately need fixing... but alas they will have to wait. Anyways, hope you enjoy the visit!)

Joining previous Frostfell houses: 2011, 2010 & 2009

Location: Crushbone server - Tinkerbele - Galleon of Dreams SQ

The main deck
    [IMG]
    lounge in room behind wheel off of main deck
    [IMG]
    looking back at entry door to lounge
    [IMG]
    upstairs in the game room
    [IMG]
    looking back to door to the game room
    [IMG]
    hallway to the crew's quarters
    [IMG]
    crew's quarters
    [IMG]
    looking back to door in crew's quarters
    [IMG]
    little reading nooks in stairwell room
    [IMG]
    upstairs to captain's quarters
    [IMG]
    captains room lounge side
    [IMG]
    captain's phirannah tank
    [IMG]
    captain's navigation area
    [IMG]
    upstairs captain's loft
    [IMG]
    Back outside across main deck and into the dining area
    [IMG]
    small galley behind the dividing wall
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    front deck area - stockade for rule breakers and prisioner's alike
    [IMG]
    and the front room, a guard and treasure peeking out from around the wall
    [IMG]
    Zhaanish and Darkmoogle like this.
  2. Kisy Active Member

You did a GREAT job of turning a dingy old ship that looks like anythign you touch will give you a hand full of splinters, into a "classy" joint. ( the quotes are because, well they are trolls ) Not to mention the Captian's Loft. <3

Very good job!
    Afista likes this.
  3. Lndi Member

I loved it! :) all for frostfell pirates.
    Afista likes this.
  4. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Love it Afista!

P.S. I miss you on AB.
    Afista likes this.
  5. Jexi Well-Known Member

A lot of grand details in your ship.Well done.I am using the same color wood for my ship also. Its a rich red color, that's for sure.
    Afista likes this.
  6. Atmu New Member

Hi,

your places are always such as nice. I wandered around and was just giggleing over the messages. But what is stunning is how well the colours and items fit to that ship and also gave it a frostfell feeling.
    The use of the upside down stoves gave me ideas and I will steal it =). I never thought about this possibilty.
    And I hope the cooks signs to keep out will not work on me.

Thumbs up Mu!
    Afista likes this.
  7. Olihin New Member

Now all I need is a warm cup of Rum Cider! This is great.
    Kitzy and Afista like this.
  8. Afista Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for the comments. It's a smaller project in comparison, but I'm still glad it comes across well!

Thanks, I was worried about those hehe I don't know anything about pirate or troll language, but took at stab at adding a little personalization. My hubby had read them and only rolled his eyes... so I wasn't sure if things were just too corny or not lol

p.s. Miss you too Kitzy! :)
    Kitzy likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I love this! Fantastic job =)