Giving a Friend a copy of CoE

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CowKiller, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CowKiller Member

Is there a way to give a copy of CoE to a friend now that they removed SC and store bought ?
  2. eq2Liaya Member

nope Sony wont allow it, a friend called Sony and tried to buy a copy for our guilds MT and they also said no since he didn't know the MT secret question.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they work something out fast, as I intended to gift this to someone as well...
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Utterly ridonkulous.

I'm not sure Sony is aware, but a lot of us like some of our friends quite a lot.
  5. Sucuri Active Member

Best way to do this is just have your friend give you their account log info (you then buy the expansion VIA website links) as long as your friend is logged into the game they wont have to deal with any trust issues on that part. After they get the confirm email on the expansion being added to their account they simply change their password.
  6. Slipshod Active Member

But against the EULA, if I recall correctly. You should not share account info.

I agree. There needs to be a gifting tool for Xpacs.
  7. Riffy New Member

I had a guild mate purchase AOD for me back in the spring. We used Paypal. The money was put into my paypal account and then I used it to purchase the AOD expansion. Worked perfectly !
  8. Upzie New Member

/bite...You were gonna buy the game for me? awwww. thanks :p
  9. Sucuri Active Member

UPZIE :D :D

Get off my forums >.>
  10. Upzie New Member

NEVAAAAAAA!!!!!!
  11. Sucuri Active Member

Stalker Gnome! I need an adult HELP HELP!
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

In another thread a player from New Zealand mentioned that because of how some credit card stuff worked he literally couldn't preorder. Customer Services recommendation? Give your account info to someone in the states. lol.
  13. Sucuri Active Member

Ohhhh, this reminds be of when AoD came out, same questions were asked - You can buy one of those pre paid credit cards, from like CVS or where ever. Load the amount of the expansion on it, then mail that pre paid credit card to your friend. Takes some time, but no EULAs are broken :D
  14. starbuck Member

Since when does SOE actualy care about that? They violate they comsumers all the time. Things like removeing gold status paid for by sc, and such violates the communitys trust in their ability to manage the game. Whoever is running their marketing department needs shot in the head for these screwed up situations that SOE doesn't have the fortitude to fix. I guess the marketing got their NGE patch. After all look at all the stupidity comming from there lately. lol :p
  15. Slipshod Active Member

Careful there Starbuck - that kind of talk can get you permanently banned. I'd rather you stick around.
  16. starbuck Member

well i have been around soe a long time and even made friend with some of the staff. but i am tired of being shafted by the marketing staff. after the last hacking i will not use a cc but have been useing sc to pay for gold status and expansions and for them to remove my ability to continue to do so makes them untrustworthy. If SOE doesnt want my money after 12 years of loyalty thats fine.