Please fix "formal" wear on fairy characters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Polychrome, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Polychrome Member

[IMG]

This glitch started popping up a few years ago. When I first started playing and turning cloth sim on, this issue did not exist.

Does not seem to matter which computer, which video card brand, graphics settings, etc.

(Also, is it just me or do a lot of newer robes not have cloth sim available anymore?)
    Dragan likes this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

It isn't just Fairies this happens to, run cycles frequently do this to other races. It however would take manual tweaking of all the animations to fix. This is not a small change you are asking for. But it may be nice.
  3. Polychrome Member

Man, this is a late reply...

The problem is it used to work correctly. Then they "broke" it for reasons I still can't figure out. All I want is for whatever that original version was to revert.

It *does* show properly on other races for the most part. Seems to be broken on Barbarians when running, but when I flick through other races (I'm an illusionist) it works properly on most of the humanoids. Can't speak for the assorted lizard races.

I guess mostly I'm just irritated that for "dresses", all we have are barmaid dresses or the broken formal wear. :(
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

It breaks for my dark-elf illy, and my Iksar and don't get me started on how broken "everything" is for a Sarnaks. I will look into it a bit as I have some time. Be back with a response post :)
  5. Polychrome Member

So long story short, SoE needs to take lessons on Cloth Sim from NCsoft?
  6. xephier Active Member

And lessons from Blizzard on how to make a non-fail(cross-server) dungeon finder. Also lessons from Blizzard on advertising, Bliz even advertises their game on eq2i... it's almost insulting really.
  7. Britefire New Member

Yeah, this is a very annoying issue that happens on any model like that...

Would be nice if it was finally fixed.