Eq2 Soe and the players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormkiller, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Onorem Active Member

He did not say 99% of PUG players are so clueless that they have empty gear slots. He used it as a single example in a separate post.
  2. Archaical Active Member

No, he used that as an example of the types of people he is talking about. He is saying that 99% of people that PUG are the types of people that would join a group with gear missing from slots. Don't try to cover up his exaggerations.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I can sum your post up real quick.

"Players are never happy"

The difficulty for SOE is to wade and gauge through the posts here and figure out which players are actually suggesting potentially sound ideas with valid concerns and suggestions BOTH increases and reductions. Perhaps some players have good idea but the majority of threads that get attention are the threads where people complain. I can agree though the community illusions of Solo players having no place in a group needs to be dispelled. There are no zones that are so hard you can't clear them not even Wurmbones End is that hard... just don't do Magnate Mrelg HM if your group can't there is nothing saying you have to. Overall I agree with you.

Edit: Now having read most of the responses, I don't feel there is anything else I really need to say that isn't already stated by someone else above.
  4. Onorem Active Member

He said " 99% of PuG players aren't mediocre players. They're very, very bad. Inexcusably bad."
    Yes, missing gear was a single example he used of how they might be bad.
    I think the 99% number is ridiculously high myself...but you're putting statements he didn't make in his mouth.
    I'm not trying to cover anything up. I'm just calling you on your own exaggerated statement.
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Complaining and being blunt are two seperate things, people complain that SOE is ruining the game - the examples given just point out that they(SOE) are to easily bowing to the popular demand of the customer and giving in - if you take that as complaining against the complainers then you need to re-evalute and realign. the two examples are given proof that it is the demanding player that is pushing the game changes, nothing else. use demanding and not what I originally wrote to avoid the wraith of the moderators. Like I said I tend to be blunt and it gets me in trouble on arrest reports alot that I have to turn in
  6. Archaical Active Member

You specifically brought up the sig questline unlocker for alts, which was not asking for "easier" content, it was asking for what we are used to. People need to stop using the phrase "too hard" when refering to that questline. Nobody ever, ever said anything about it being remotely hard at all. Just because you found a sense of accomplishment in completing it, doesn't mean the rest of us did. We do more challenging things to get that same effect you get from doing a ridiculous easy yet longwinded solo questline. Bringing up arrest reports is so cool btw. I bet you have alot of tattoos.
  7. mouser Well-Known Member

I can sum this up pretty quick: darn near close to none.

1) Most players don't even know forums exist.
    2) Players who are happy don't take the time to post on forums, because they use that time to play the game.

So you're basically left with a small percentage of people with some combination of too much time on their hands and something to complain/whine about. That isn't an EQ2 thing by any means - it holds true for pretty much every gaming forum in existence.
    Wingrider01 likes this.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Very well said.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. R.J. MacReady Active Member

Oh no ...not the "silent majority" again. I'm mean really, how connected does the world have to be before you realize the silent majority is a myth and it's almost as big as Bigfoot.

The worlds worst argument: "Thousands of people feel the way I do ...but they are quiet so you will have to take my word for it"
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

I don't think he said that. What I believe he said was "Majority of people who are content do not post" ergo "Those who are of malcontent are the ones posting." The correlation he is implying is that those who post are of the crowd of players who want something for nothing or so eloquently put the "gimmegimmegimme" crowd, which can best be summed by the The Bernstein Bears book "The Galloping Greedy Gimmies" not a half bad lesson for a children book, and a lesson some of us seem to need to learn. Moderation is key to enjoyment. You get sick of chocolate if you eat it all the time the same can be said for any enjoyable experience.
  11. Buggabug Active Member

I'm the first to admit I'm not that good a player, but honestly even if I had the opportunity I probably wouldn't do a PUG again. The ones I've been pulled into have resulted into players of lesser skill being verbally abused for not hitting the spells in the exact order and at the exact second some elitist jerk insists they should. Like we all spend copious amounts of time researching every single encounter in the game and memorizing every strat available. :eek: Seriously, some people need to lighten up it's a game. People make mistakes, that's how we learn. (well most of us anyway) :D
    I do not by any means think all PUGs go this way, but my experiences have been less than stellar.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

See that is a player problem not an SOE problem. Best thing you can do is ignore the Elitist who was a jerk and don't group with him. That is what the Ignore list is for.
    Kalderon and Wingrider01 like this.
  13. Skeezie Active Member

Ain't it the truth. I know I'd rather be playing!
  14. Gaealiege Active Member

I see what I wrote is a matter of contention. I said that 99% of players aren't even average players. That's certainly true. I see no exaggeration there, but I'll be more direct. I've never joined a PuG that was 6/6 competent players. 1/6 at a bare minimum was absolutely incompetent. So at a 100% rate, someone in the group was being handed a victory for their presence.

I'm confused about the "flamer" response. I presume you're suggesting I'm an EQ2flames poster? That's simply not true. I understand it's frustrating to be told you're bad by a better player, but I see no reason to specifically target me as such a player. I don't belittle PuG players in group. More often than not I would finish the group entirely out and note to the other "elitists" to keep a safe distance from the terrible player. Confronting a bad player in my experience never results in a positive reaction, regardless of the finesse one puts on it.
  15. Archaical Active Member

^^^ Nerd elitism at its finest.
    Kraeref likes this.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

And you know strength and weaknesses of all 25 classes and play them all to tell others they are bad at them or worse than average? I agree elitism at its finest.
  17. SteelPiston Active Member

PLing is how this happens and PLing is now getting more common as people charge huge amounts of plat to buy Krono for their gold subs. Expect the amount of level 95 under geared, ill equipped, inexperienced players with apprentice spells to increase and make matters worse.
  18. R.J. MacReady Active Member

Lets say playing EQ2 is like going out to dinner .... for the most part we all do it the same way.

But for you, the napkin needs to be on your lap correctly, you need to use the right fork for your salad and your pinky finger needs to stick out when you drink your tea.

When you look at it this way ...you are not doing things "better" You are what Sigmund Freud called "blank retentive". Big difference.
  19. Onorem Active Member

OK. Now I have to assume you're just trolling. 99% of people aren't average? Do you understand what you are saying there?
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Mass exaggeration on "pick up players being poor players".

I reckon about 1 in 20 groups I PUG struggle because of a poor player or players.

Granted most zones are so easy you can carry a few poor players, but then if you can carry them with no detriment to the group then why notice they're bad?

What's the point of analysing a successful group in ACT?