Gathering Goblin 10 hour recast even at 5 points is back

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Derfel, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Derfel Active Member

When the expansion first launched one of my characters goblins was affected by the bug that set the gathering goblin to keep the 10 hour recast time even though he'd had the max points spent on it. The bug was later patched, but today's patch has returned the 10 hour lockout. Just me, or are any other people had their goblin re-bugged?
  2. Snowhaze Active Member

I didn't have any problems after the patch. The only time I encountered this problem was when I reset my tradeskill stuff while the goblin is out, it gave me a 12 hour timer once, but worked fine after that.
  3. Derfel Active Member

He briefly went back to instant cast, then switched to 12 hour recast. Something is definitely not right.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yep, my one toon that had this issue is again having the issue. Lesigh.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

Derfel, Mae-, are either of you using an AA mirror?
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Nope, I haven't changed this toon's AA's (except to fix this bug) in a long time.
  7. Wizen Heimer New Member

Mine is stuck at 12hr cooldown with 5 points spent...I have 2alts and those work fine. Wish I new what the problem was.
  8. Derfel Active Member

Worked as intended for a couple of days then went back to 12 hour mode today. I have an AA mirror but haven't used it to swap profiles since the post expansion re-spec since trade skill and adventure AA are coexisting now. The only way this character differs from my alts is that he didn't purchase the goblin in one jump (having less trade skill prestige points than the others). So he has sent out the goblin in non instant mode a few times before getting the points to finish up.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

My assassin gets this, but none of my other 8 goblins.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

It is also only my assassin that's affected by this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

My dirge got an 8 hour today, assassin always gets a 12 hour.
  12. Arweena New Member

My assassin also gets this one randomly and my Inq will sometimes get a 10hr (I know totally random) cooldown
  13. Vallar New Member

I don't understand why the harvesting timer and the recast timer should be different, but they seem to be. And more frustrating to me is the fact that you can only see how long the recast timer is, you don't have a countdown method of knowing when he'll be done harvesting. How is this supposed to be working?
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

He should just be an instant recast, with the 'ability' being push to summon, push to dismiss.
  15. Hoss New Member

I've only got 4 points in the goblin (don't see the point in the last one since he won't gather any faster), and I noticed that sometimes the reuse timer doesn't seem to increment while I'm logged off. I came here looking to see if anyone else had that problem. Now that I read this, I'm wondering if I just have this same problem. I can't recall how long the recast is supposed to be with 4 points, but I think the reuse timer had nearly 10 hours on it still.
  16. Eveningsong New Member

Since the last patch it seems that the recast timer is only counting "in game", not real time. At a 12 hour recast time, it could be a month before I can cast my goblin again on some toons that I don't play often :rolleyes: .
  17. Derfel Active Member

Back to insta-cast mode again today. I'll see if it lasts.
  18. beagley Well-Known Member

I keep getting this consistently on one toon above all others and thats an assassin as well
  19. Derfel Active Member

And I'm back to 12 hour mode. Any red names care to opine, or barring that at least acknowledge the existence of this thing?
  20. Sogapa Active Member

I was getting this bug consistently, almost every time I used the goblin on my inquisitor...so it's not a bug to do with certain classes. I think I have learned how to avoid getting the bug though.

After a bit of testing, I determined that I was only getting the bug if I logged out with the goblin still up, or even sometimes if I allowed him to stay up for his duration after collecting his harvests and sending him out again.

The way I have avoided getting bugged in the last couple of weeks is to cancel him as soon as I get the harvests/send him back out. Since I started cancelling him immediately, I have not gotten the 12 hour reset and it has consistently been an instant recast.

Oh, and the one time I forgot to cancel him after collecting/sending, he bugged and I wound up with a 12 hour reuse.