Occam's Recent Activity

1. Occam replied to the thread Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?.

People keep saying DBG didn't put fervor runes into BoL. How do you know? Remember that the good solo runes all took time to get when they...

Jan 16, 2020
  2. Occam replied to the thread Running EQ2 on OSX.

I related my experience with playing on a Mac in this recent thread:...

Jan 14, 2020
  3. Occam replied to the thread Everquest And Mac Players.

Holy necro-post, Batman! o_O

Jan 12, 2020
  4. Occam replied to the thread EQ2 on new macbook pro?.

I have been running EQ2 on a MacBook Pro for years. I've spent countless hours reading and researching the topic, and have personally...

Jan 12, 2020
  5. Occam replied to the thread Mount Jumpstart Potion.

That's what I was afraid of. In that case it's just not worth it.

Jan 11, 2020
  6. Occam posted a new thread.

Mount Jumpstart Potion

I was considering buying the Celebration Bundle but I'm curious how the Mount Jumpstart Potion works. Does it level a mount UP TO level 10,...

Forum: General Gameplay Discussion

Jan 11, 2020
  7. Occam replied to the thread Etherealist Recipe Books.

Those have Expert and above recipes, but I need the Journeyman and Adept ones first. I only have a couple Journeyman recipes and none of...

Jan 9, 2020
  8. Occam posted a new thread.

Etherealist Recipe Books

I want to upgrade my ascensions but I don't know where to get recipe books. My sage has some of them, but I'm missing a lot, including...

Forum: Tradeskills

Jan 9, 2020
  9. Occam replied to the thread are ascensions important in Blood of Luclin?.

Sigrdrifa, any idea where I'd get the recipe book to make adept ascensions? I've looked all over, both in-game and online and I can't find...

Jan 8, 2020
  10. Occam replied to the thread Necro Pet Questions.

Ok, it looks like the ancient mage pet might be performing better than the ancient epic pet on raid mobs. Mind you, this is by NO means a...

Jan 7, 2020
  11. Occam posted a new thread.

Necro Pet Questions

I haven't had a ton of time to play in BoL yet, so I'm curious what other necros are doing. I've done the sig questline and most of the...

Forum: Mages

Dec 31, 2019
  12. Occam replied to the thread Pantheon.

Just for the sake of clarity, Brad McQuaid did't just "get the opportunity to be one of the main dev" for EQ. He was THE man. EQ was born...

Dec 30, 2019
  13. Occam replied to the thread Blood of Luclin Launch Date!.

Sorry Dreamweaver, that week doesn't work for me. Would you see what you could do to move it up to Dec. 10th instead. ;)

Nov 27, 2019
  14. Occam posted a new thread.

ToFS x2 Spectral Librarian & Tome

I went back to this old raid zone to get the class debuff spell that's useful in the new Kael zones. It was easy enough to just 1-shot all...

Forum: General Gameplay Discussion

Nov 14, 2019
  15. Occam replied to the thread Add ultra rare chase item(s) to Efiusia and Banyun..

Considering that at the current speed it will take us 71 WEEKS to get to level 2, I hope it speeds up significantly! :p

Nov 13, 2019
  16. Occam replied to the thread Characters Age.

November 9, 2004, the day EQ2 went live. :) I actually consider this char to be even older, since I first created Occam in EQ1 in March...

Nov 12, 2019
  17. Occam replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!.

That's exactly how anchoring works. People are more likely to buy the less expensive options if they see the higher price first, rather...

Nov 8, 2019
  18. Occam replied to the thread Another Luclin Pre-Order Question.

The resolve on that sword is 130, which is higher than the best raid gear currently available.

Nov 8, 2019
  19. Occam replied to the thread Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!.

Not quite. It's called "anchoring", and it's a sales technique which takes advantage of human psychology. When looking at prices, we...

Nov 8, 2019