Mountbatten's Recent Activity

1. Mountbatten replied to the thread Farewell Norrath.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I've spent many years, and a considerable amount of money on this game and this company. I bought BoL...

Sep 21, 2020
  2. Mountbatten replied to the thread Farewell Norrath.

Unfortunately there's a cabal of people who, whenever they see something they remotely interpret as being negative towards EQ2 or DBG,...

Sep 16, 2020
  3. Mountbatten liked MightyMeaghan's post in the thread Farewell Norrath.

You're making the assumption that the majority of TLE players, in the absence of TLE, would be playing on a live server. A huge chunk,...

Sep 1, 2020
  4. Mountbatten replied to the thread What is your favorite expansion?.

I mean, it's cute that you think that, but the fact is, there really is just not that much to do in DoF. It's by far the smallest...

Aug 25, 2020
  5. Mountbatten replied to the thread [SUGGESTION] Add Lamia Slayer Achievements.

I'm not an EQ2 loremaster by any stretch, so maybe I'm wrong, but aren't Nayad and Lamia different races? They certainly look very...

Aug 24, 2020
  6. Mountbatten replied to the thread What is your favorite expansion?.

RoK holds a place in my heart as there was no better feeling than getting your mythical for the first time. But my favorites are probably...

Aug 21, 2020
  7. Mountbatten replied to the thread [Suggestion] Tone Down and Eliminate Racism in Norrath.

Uhh, racism is kind of built into the Everquest lore. Wars have been fought using it. Wars that weren't that long ago, timeline wise. Now...

Aug 13, 2020
  8. Mountbatten liked Fleshdecay's post in the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

I think DP might be sitting in a comfortable spot if they can get away with dragging their one EQ2 TLE server through the mud. This is...

Aug 12, 2020
  9. Mountbatten replied to the thread Dungeon Finder.

There was an LFG/LFM tool but nobody used it. Then there was a dungeon finder, and it had an absolutely abysmal matchmaking algorithm so...

Aug 12, 2020
  10. Mountbatten replied to the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

There'll for sure be another TLE eventually. If they do anything in November I'd guess it would be an event server rather than a TLE....

Aug 11, 2020
  11. Mountbatten replied to the thread Daybreak Games buys Cold Iron Studios.

Well Daybreak obviously has money then. Shame the EQ franchise doesn't seem to be seeing any of it.

Aug 11, 2020
  12. Mountbatten replied to the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

AB is Antonia Bayle, a Live server. Yes, if a new TLE comes along, you will be starting from scratch. Everyone will. Every TLE...

Aug 10, 2020
  13. Mountbatten replied to the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

Oops double post. Feed the hamsters, darnit.

Aug 10, 2020
  14. Mountbatten replied to the thread Seriously?.

You sure? I was fairly sure Doomcoil always healed on player deaths, so I went to eq-raiders to check the strat, and indeed, the very...

Aug 5, 2020
  15. Mountbatten replied to the thread Patch.

You're assuming SoH gear has even been touched. That's a bold assumption.

Jul 28, 2020
  16. Mountbatten replied to the thread New TLEs ?.

There probably will be. Though I'd rather they didn't until they can communicate a fairly comprehensive plan that ensures it doesn't fall...

Jul 28, 2020
  17. Mountbatten replied to the thread New TLE soon?.

If you wanted something closer to "authentic" classic EQ2, about the latest you could feasibly go back is to LU58. LU59 and onward was...

Jul 22, 2020
  18. Mountbatten replied to the thread Kaladim Raid Adjustments.

It makes me wonder what, if any, source control was being used back then, and what has happened in the meantime to essentially make that...

Jul 22, 2020
  19. Mountbatten replied to the thread Quiting TLE.

They've had content and features gated behind expansion/account flags for years. Otherwise F2P basically wouldn't work. That honestly...

Jul 21, 2020
  20. Mountbatten replied to the thread Quiting TLE.

Whilst EQ2 TLE will never hit WoW Classic numbers of subscribers regardless of how well it's done, if DBG/DPG could just invest something...

Jul 21, 2020
  21. Mountbatten replied to the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

Hardly anyone is going to want to be stuck in old content for an extended period. And even if they did, you can always level lock....

Jul 15, 2020
  22. Mountbatten replied to the thread NEW TLE server comming next month?.

I doubt that the issues are intentional, rather just a result of overworked people using a chainsaw to slice an onion. I honestly can't...

Jul 15, 2020
  23. Mountbatten replied to the thread I Wonder if it Would be a Good Time.

Aside from the diminishing chances of it ever being released, Pantheon is closer to EQ1.5 than it is EQ3. The only new MMO on the...

Jul 15, 2020
  24. Mountbatten replied to the thread Any plans to tone down the monsters on tle?.

You're absolutely right, I forgot about those. I'm tempted to roll a new character on Kaladim, as I haven't played since launch of...

Jul 7, 2020
  25. Mountbatten liked Cyrrena's post in the thread Any plans to tone down the monsters on tle?.

You can also buy the books from the Qeynos Mage Tower and the Freeport Arcane Academy, a ton of those books are dirt cheap and can...

Jul 7, 2020
  26. Mountbatten replied to the thread Any plans to tone down the monsters on tle?.

You guys also need to consider completing collections as well as doing lore and legend and language quests. A lot of stuff can be bought...

Jul 7, 2020
  27. Mountbatten replied to the thread Any plans to tone down the monsters on tle?.

If you want an easier experience where you can solo everything fairly easily, then play on Live, where you can also use mercenaries....

Jul 6, 2020
  28. Mountbatten replied to the thread Any plans to tone down the monsters on tle?.

They were heroic on Live, back when the expansion was current. A lot of overland content was nerfed (epics becoming heroics, heroics...

Jul 1, 2020
  29. Mountbatten replied to the thread An idea for the next TLE server line.

I can tell you've never worked in software development. :) That isn't even remotely close to being "half way" there. That's more...

Jun 25, 2020
  30. Mountbatten replied to the thread An idea for the next TLE server line.

This has been brought up literally every time a new TLE is mentioned. It isn't going to happen. The code and data is long since gone, and...

Jun 25, 2020
  31. Mountbatten replied to the thread Never raided...

I can't speak specifically to ranger as I have never raided on one, and the few times I have played one I was never any good (I suck at DPS...

May 11, 2020