CoE loot comparison - solo vs heroic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Regolas, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Ok, so I've only run three heroic instances and all the solo advanced instances once as part of the sig line, but I have noticed that almost every piece of gear is the same "level".

So a solo crate item is + 160 stats, etc etc, and a heroic legendary chest also drops + 160 stat stuff.

In my mind, heroic gear should be better. It was in skyshrine after all. It requires teamwork and more commitment.

I actually think the base 160 for L92 gear in heroics is about right, but therefore the solo instance stuff shouldn't be more than 145-150 base stats. After all, the sig line is giving out 132 stat stuff, so it should be just above that.

Come to think of it, I think I got a + 179 stat cleric arms from a solo instance random crate, which is way better than anything I've seen in my (admittedly limited) heroic experience.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

sorry but you'll jsut be shooting yourself in the foot for said heroic PUGs. anyways if SS is any indication of the loot tables for the crates then there wont be many items on the list.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

What do you mean shooting yourself in the foot?

The way I see it, if the top loot in skyshrine heroic is + 159, then starting at +160 for heroic CoE is about right. It means there's still a minor reason for running them other than "just to experience them". Plus HM skyshrine loot is around the sane stats too. Granted most people will take the easy route and never do UD or HM instances again, but one thing I really dispise is making content completely worthless because every single piece of gear is massively worse than another zone (like SF expac and DoV1 heroics).

There is obviously a fine line in order to entice people to go in the new zones without making the past xpac completely obsolete.

Just as an example of the CoE solo and heroic starter loot, I have got a charm from a solo instance with the exact same stats as one I got from a heroic zone. The same with a ring.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

The gear loot tables are the same between the advanced solo and the heroic, I really don't know what you are asking for, the really good heroic loot is from the faction merchant just like skyshrine before it.

And the items you need to buy them drop only in the heroic zones.

The gear loot you are seeing is upgrades for people (non-raiders) until they can afford the faction loot or for people like me and the friends I run with, (except for a few rare pieces) mute / adorn dislodger fodder.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

They're on the same loot table?

I don't agree with that. You should always get better gear from heroics than solo.
  6. Gnaff Active Member

Will never understand how people think the rewards for doing something with a group of other people should be better then the rewards of doing something yourself.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it is what it is. And since you ignored me in my last post, let me once again state that the best gear you can get without raiding is from the faction vendor. And he requires 1) You finish the Signature quest 2) run heroic zones.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not sure if troll...
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yeah, i don´t understand, why loot shouldn´t be the same... i mean there is no difrence into this, it´s not like you need 6 peeps to do something, whereas on the otherside you only need one (perhpas two).
    Heck... why not given out loot at same value to anyone who just log on? :p
    Sry, but i couldn´t withstand :rolleyes:
    Not to be totaly off, i saw some lootdrops on solo instances that where close and beyond raid, but it´s ok, since they do rarely drop and i do not care if someone not raiding getting something equal (if its not hole set of it ^^)
  10. Deago Well-Known Member

Thinking outside the typical box might yield different views on this subject. If you agree that difficulty should correlate with rewards then a very hard solo mission could possibly yield better loot then a 6-group quicker and easier run.

If there was a 1500lb stone and you had six men lift it up....would you really think they deserved such wonderful praise/prize? Surely if one person walked over there and through years of training and effort gained the ability to move a 1000lb stone solo would merit a greater prize?

In my opinion it is how one looks upon the issue. Very fine line though to tread. Advanced solo would really have to be incredibly difficult even for geared toons (which means the difficulty does not reside in your gear but other thinking factors etc..)
    Wurm likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Very good point Daego. But too many people relate their gear to the size of their ****** for that to happen, you just have to think back to the amount of whining there was about the band of thugga during RoK or more recently the public raid gear to see these type of threads come out every expac.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Ok, tho, if both is quick for you? If both is easy for you? You don´t deserve any loot?
    Groups a quick and easy? Realy is it that, you only need 6 peeps (even they can´t play theire class) and all heroic will be squishy?
    Btw. i realy dont care, as i said in some other threads, if someone who dont do raid, get better equip.
    Tbh the raidmobs are there, only to drop chests to loot oO expect a few ;) theire are challanging.
    But then again, what is challenging? Where do you set the line? If you could DPS around 100k, you get a AAA reward..... If you can stay alive for at least 50 seconds, you get master.....
    Simply and short, you just can´t spread loot and everyone is happe ;)
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

There is no way for them to make a super hard solo zone that every class can do, it's impossible.
    Onorem likes this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't think it needed a response to that bit.

Bottom line, the more people you have to coordinate to accomplished something, the better the loot should be.
    Kalderon likes this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

And that's exactly how it is...
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Umm. No it's not.
  17. Vulkan New Member

Yes it is Regolas.. The obol gear is from Heroics
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the shard armour though.

I'm talking about what drops out of chests.

Solo and heroic have the same stuff, yet solo is easier to do (generally). The whole risk vs reward isn't right, especially if you haven't finished the sig line so can't loot the currency for obol armour.
  19. GabenBison Active Member

I'm personally relieved that the gear in this expansion isn't completely superior to that of EM expansion gear from SS. Unlike how DoV Kael/Drunder raid gear was obsolete even to SS contested jewelery.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

It gives you a reason to do the sig line now doesn't it? Once you get it done and start to get the obol coins and the rare components you will be making some serious upgrades to your gear.