Making Black Friday plans?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

As you may have noticed, we have a Twitter and a Facebook feed on the front page of the forums now! But in case you weren't paying attention to those, we shared a hint about our celebration plans for the weekend:

"I know a lot of you have plans to do some shopping over the "Black Friday Weekend"...just make sure you're checking EVERYWHERE for specials and deals (like even in Norrath too...*hint hint*)"
  2. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah first thing I disabled were twitter and facebook on the forums. I don't use these services for a reason and putting them in my face and basically requiring it as per your suggestion is an absolute no go.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Sweet! Thanks for the info Dexella. Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours.
  4. Ramone_AB Active Member

Hopefully the extra toon slots will be on sale :)
  5. Kaito Member

1/2 PRICE for EVERYTHING or 50% Rebate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Buy One! Get Two ;-)
    One Bufixing for everyone :p
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, we don't shop on Black Friday to avoid the humanity, unless it's some missed grocery item. I'll be spending time with my family and not be in the game. I am going in the game now though, I think my monthly allotment of LoN packs is available. Maybe I'll luck out and get a loot card. :)
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This will be the only place I do shopping of any kind on that day. ;)
    Feara likes this.
  9. leajin New Member

I avoid Black Friday shopping like the plague. I wouldn't mind a good sale in the EQ 2 online store tho.
  10. Salavar Active Member

I never leave the house on that day, we are prepared for the apocalypse so there's no chance I will have to make an emergency run to the store.
  11. Ebon New Member

I thought about going out for a couple of deals. For a few minutes it sounded like a good idea. Only for a few.
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Uh, I just got the mail on this, and all it says is double SC on Friday. Sooo, where are the cool deals like you did last year?
  13. Shiny! New Member

It looks like the "deals" are marketplace items. I was expecting a price reduction on the expansions. Incredibly disappointed... I've been waiting two weeks for this sale, hoping to finally buy AoD for the Beastlord. =/
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing any "deals" on the Marketplace, no idea what you're seeing.
  15. napu Member

I was half hoping we would see a sale on AoD too. I would like it, just to complete the set and try out mercenaries, but i'm not paying 39.99 for just the mercenariy feature, which looking at it seems to be the only thing i would make use of.
  16. Dasi Member

I am very disapointed in the game "black friday" sale. I was expecting something like the last year. Now that was something to spend money on, and I did :)
    But double cash? Theres nothing special about that, SOE does that through out the year.
    Plus, the items that are on "sale" saving 25 cents on an item is NOT a sale. So I am sitting on my station cash till a better sale comes along. Which from the looks of things might be a while, since they took away paying for expansions and monthly fee's with station cash...
  17. Caela Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping they have not turned on the Black Friday sale - because if they did, it's lame.

And I don't buy double SC any more - I wait for triple and stock up on Walmart cards.
  18. Hirofortis Active Member

I am highly disappointed as well. Logged on to see if there was anything I have been waiting for on sale and nada. What a joke. There is nothing but a few normal sale items that are not even a sale. OOO 25 sc off a painting. Yea, think I will pass.
  19. Moldylocks Member

Its not that I wasn't paying attention to Twitter or Facebook, its that I never go there. Unfortunately, it has become a habit for you, Holly, and Smedley to post relevant and important information there first. In fact, Smedley posts game information on Twitter exclusively. The shift to (often, not entirely) remove the official EQ2 site as the primary source for details that your paying customers might be interested in is causing friction in those who do not use those media. I understand that you are trying to promote your Twitter and Facebook pages, but this should always be the place where players come first.

Regarding the "Black Friday Weekend", while I think the Double SC is great I don't yet see any specials or deals on the Marketplace. The stuff that was on sale today was the same as yesterday, and, imo, I don't think anyone is really all that interested in what is offered. Well, there is still the remainder of the weekend to look forward to! Let's see what else might happen.
    Dasi and Pijotre like this.
  20. Vonotar New Member

Soo... ummm... has anybody spotted any Black Friday/Thanksgiving Weekend deals yet? My email inbox is full of tempting offers from various gaming companies but all I've seen from Sony is the same info as in this thread.