We are missing more than a few important sub-forums

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Items and Equipment
    Zones and Population
    Quests and Live Events
    Look and Feel

To name a few.

To be honest I'm not feeling the love for the new software, but to have important sub-forums missing on launch? Not the best way to get us behind the changes.
    Adegx, Miamya, Guiscard and 3 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I agree that those four subfora are important and necessary.
    Rogue4Life and Guiscard like this.
  3. Ashlie Active Member

Look and Feel is there, it's called, "The Monster Blog".
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

??? Link please.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nope, the Monster Blog is a newsletter from the art devs. We can respond to posts, but you can't start a new thread. We DO need Look and Feel to be able to report the odd graphics things we find.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. EQplayer New Member

I agree, the quest forum is a must. I'm also pretty annoyed the new forum shows me as a newbie instead of someone who has been here since launch 8 years ago.
  7. Greygore Member

I would much prefer they had a class forum for each class like in the old Forums myself.
  8. xephier Active Member

Eq2flames has much better class forums imho. I personally prefer a lack of sub-forums, general pretty much covers it all and is the most read forum, so stick it in there and it's more likely to be read than off in some sub forum that see's 1/10th of the user-base
  9. Rogue4Life New Member

Actually, in a forum this size, threads in "General" cycle quickly, and specific information can be difficult to find. For example, when Guides will be around for event quests. This sort of thing is only important to certain people, but when they go looking for it, they really don't want to have to dig through page after page of completely unrelated topics.

While a subforum may not see as much traffic as the "General" forum, it serves a higher purpose by making logical groupings of information easier to find. Much like having a file cabinet makes finding important-but-rarely-used papers much simpler. Without the subforums, the "General" forum becomes a waist-deep room full of unrelated papers - tax returns from five years ago mixed with the warranty paperwork and receipt for the TV that just died prematurely, sprinkled liberally with bills, advertisements, kids' homework, coupons, and letters from Mom.

It's all about retrieval!
  10. Dexella Associate Producer

Please put all your official forum feedback here (LINK).

As we review the forums and consider plans for changes, that will be our primary point of reference. If you have comments, questions, complaints, or suggestions, they are more likely to be received by all parties involved if you post them in that thread. Please use it! Your feedback is important to us!

Locking this thread down. Remember, forum feedback goes HERE. :) Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.