New Marketplace Items – Carry On in Style!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

In addition to the items made by Norrath's amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker), you can purchase an assortment of services, items and features with Station Cash from the EQII in-game Marketplace, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available. New items are added to the Marketplace weekly!
    Red Quiver
    [IMG]

Black Quiver
    [IMG]

These new quivers, available in red or black, are not only stylish, they are utilitarian as well! Don't let their appearance fool you – these aren't just for arrows! When placed in your character's container slot, each quiver offers 44 item slots and the option to display the quiver as a backpack appearance (shown above).
    Patched Goblin Top Hat
    [IMG]

This Patched Goblin Top Hat adds a debonair flair to any outfit, whether you're dressing up for a party or just feel like being a bit fancy while out on an adventure! This style joinsthree previously released Goblin Top Hats.
    Remember to keep checking out the "New" and "Sale" categories as well! You can catch up on the latest items you may have missed, or perhaps find a great deal on an older item you've had your sights on for a while!
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

Appearance quivers.... tailors have only been asking for that forever.
  3. Salavar Active Member

And now they can buy one too LOL
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Yeah.

I'd happily pay SC for a quiver that matched say, SC heritage armor sets.

But quivers in basic colors? Should have been in advanced tailor books.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

To be clear -- the quiver is not only an appearance item. It is a functional bag with 44 slots that takes up one of your bag spaces. You have the option to turn on the appearance, which is a quiver.
  6. Obram New Member

Will this actually be useable in the quiver slot or main inventory only?
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

BUT, can not be put in the quiver slot and used as a quiver and it is a no trade backpack instead:(((((
  8. Salavar Active Member

LOL a quiver you cannot use as a quiver?

Just a bag?

Really SOE?
  9. Pijotre Well-Known Member

I had to laugh really hard, there is just too much fail in that announcement to not laugh. Its nearly as humerous as Steve Ballmer laughing at the iPhone when it launched: (no Rickroll, real video!)
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's the way these SC items are engineered.

They're able to make a Container, and add a physical appearance to it. This is how the Frostfell backpacks were done in the past.

To do a Quiver that works in your Quiver slot AND has a physical appearance would have required code changes. Also, then what if you have goth the Quiver equipped AND a special bag with its own appearance? They could conflict. I don't envy the programming required here.
  11. Pijotre Well-Known Member

No they wouldn't conflict since they just show up as extra items on the apperance menu and are differentiated by slot, you could have a different apperance bag in each slot and would be able to choose which apperance you like. As for the code change sure it would have been an effort, but thats what they're paid for right? However they way it should have been introduced to game is like this:
    Hey you have been asking since years for quiver apperances and we have been listening from now on all mastercrafted quivers can be chosen to show their apperance. And for those of you who find these to plainly colored we have also introduced these other fancy max slot quivers with a nice particle effect to the marketplace.
  12. Salavar Active Member

I know nadda about programming so thanks for that, I just think it would be an interesting item to have equipped, full of ammo and to make that slot visible from an appearance standpoint not unlike most of the other slots. I was interested in one for my Ranger until I discovered it was not an actual quiver, I just said what's the point in that!
    Pijotre likes this.
  13. Leko New Member

This is awesome. Looking forward to future versions as well. I see no issue with the quiver just being a bag, the appearance is the important thing.
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This shouldn't be a problem, they can already cope with a choice between mutiple appeareance bags, melee weapons, bows and cloaks. It's just a matter of choosing what you want to show from the drop down list.
    But I do understand having appearence items in the ammo slot might be a problem with the current coding, but they have solved this in the past with cloaks and bows, so why not with these quivers ? For me, the need for general inventory space will overide the need to spend SC on a dedicated (read useless) ammo backpack
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

are these equippable in the apperance tab as a bag? (it would be nice as well to be able to equip the coldain rings and the insignia band from bloodline chronicles in an apperance ring slot)
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Well I look like I am ready to play cupid, but not being an ammo holder selling it as a quiver is a bit misleading since everyone doesn't read all the media explinations as to why something isn't really what you would expect.
    [IMG]
    Calthine likes this.
  17. Spindle Well-Known Member

On this crazy US holiday I can say I am thankful for all the posters who complain about any and everything and fill my days with laughter.

Now a PURPLE appearance quiver/44 slot bag would be terrific!!
    Calthine likes this.
  18. Torryn Woodsrunner Active Member

I find it wildly amusing that while you can make this BAG show an appearance as a QUIVER, you can't show your BOW at the SAME TIME!

So now I'm running around with a quiver full of arrows...and two swords. Way to think ahead, guys.

Also, while we're on the subject, would it kill anything to bring the previous appearance bags up to the 44-slot level and make them viable again? Seems a shame to have all these appearance options spoiled because the bags themselves just aren't up to snuff capacity-wise...just a thought.
  19. Moldylocks Member

Well, after a stumbling across the link :rolleyes: I found a response from Holly regarding quivers and crafters:

https://twitter.com/WindstalkerEQ2/status/271394092217413632

"And before I get the inevitable question, you can expect to see the quivers as a recipe in the near future.", posted Nov. 21st.

I'm glad crafters will, "in the near future" (TM), get the recipes. Its nice to hear that some of the ideas brought up by the crafting community aren't entirely being sold as SC items.

What I don't like, is that an official response to the community's concerns wasn't made here, but on Twitter. Again.

I thought these were the Official Forums, and thus the primary source of relevant information?
  20. Covic Developer

Quivers have been on our backlog schedule for a couple years. Especially since I play a ranger and wanted one. But there has always been other items to create too. I finally found some time in the beginning of the year to have a artist make these. We have made other colors then the ones shown that will be used for other purposes. So designers will probably hook some up as recipes or drops.

Dave
    Juraviel and Feldon like this.