Heroic Focus/Onslaught

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, May 23, 2023.

1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Please revert this back to not counting down when we are offline. I would much rather it be 4 hours and stay even when offline then 8 hours and loosing it while logged off(though 8 hours and still only counting down while online would be nice).

Additionally please let us increment this one at a time as we kill things if we want. (Currently you have to have more stacks of onslaught than focus to use it, and they do not add on, it just gives you however many stacks your onslaught has).

I like the idea of letting us choose when we use our increments, but not if it means we have to get 10 new kills everytime we do use it, given the nerf to the amount of stats it gives. With the new fervor value it really should not require 10 new kills every time you want it.
    Kojacke, Ayumu, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  2. Kojacke Active Member

Fundamentally, this buff is bad for the playerbase. People were annoyed/upset because they couldn't play outside of raid and reupping their buff, making raid leaders struggle more to get invites out and the like. The solution shouldn't be giving it a 75% nerf and making it even more complicated. A 75% nerf merits making it a static buff instead. It simply isn't worth the effort now. People weren't logging in in order to keep their buff, now comparatively to what it was before, it's not worth the effort, therefore they *still* aren't logging in.
    Originally this mechanic sounded kinda cool, but logistically it's a nightmare.
    SolarFaire, Ayumu, Beee and 3 others like this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Personally won't bother for this iteration. It's cool though, now I only have to log in for a weekly group outside of raids. More time and money to spend elsewhere. Thanks DBG
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

logged in to all stacks gone, no 8 hour buff, no clickability of the adorn, nada and i logged out with 57 minutes left on the buff last night and 10 stacks.

Well done.
  5. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Heroic focus stacks are vanishing for a unknown reason while the buff is stilll active and counting down timer i had this twice now on 2 of my toons who own this buff // item . Buff it self is active and shown in buff bar but it shows up no stacks and it should have 10 cause i dont reskilled toon or did anything other which causes it to run off. Can we pls have a Fix for this otherwise we are forced to go C3 and kill 10 mobs on and on , normaly we have 10 stacks loaded in the back but some days you wont find any boss to bash and you are forced to lose the stats of the focus caused by this BUG .

Pls get a fix for this as soon as pos
    Ayumu, SolarFaire and Beee like this.
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I need to add why we only can load in Stacks by killing C3 Mobs , it should stack up for Raidbosses from T4 and above too following the major point C3 Bosses contain same/similar Resolve as a T4 Raid boss so why Onslaught dont increase Stacks from those Bosses. This change would be more profitable to many players having in Mind most of the Players who Finished the Rampeager are Raiders.

Hellfiren
    Ayumu likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

With the actual implementation of today's patch.. Heroic Focus got 100% useless

It counts down without refresh like the last months
    Hellfiren and Ayumu like this.
  8. Kojacke Active Member

Wow.. uh..
    Why are we back here? It was fine! Sure it didn't function how you intended it to.. (which is was a good thing.. not a bad one)... but did all the yelling from the player base that we collectively hated the idea mean nothing?
    So on with alts, if it takes 10 kills to get 10 stacks... that's another 10 for every raid alt, every day, or almost all raid alts just outright lost 54 fervor... not to mention how many raid mains will lose it. The guilds that don't need it, will be able to get it back with ease, and those that do need it (thanks to kinda silly dps checks) simply won't.
    ....is... is this fun? I'm leaning towards.. no.
    Beee, Twyla and Ayumu like this.
  9. Ayumu Member

I still don't understand what the intent behind this nerf was.

I can see an argument for "encourage engagement" buff. But really, this just punishes you for not doing this game as a freaking job. You HAVE to kill a specific set of 5 mobs in a specific zone. That just encourages toxic contested behavior. If the increments were from any Heroic 3 mobs once you have the buff or raid mobs, it would be much better.
    Beee and Twyla like this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

It was supposed to count down, even if offline. IT was broken and we all didn't care, but we screamed about it being broken in unrest 3 lol. So they fixed it to work like it's supposed to. They should just half the stats and make it a permanent buff as long as you have the adorn on. Don't have to worry about it dropping, don't have to worry about going to get stacks, etc.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

It counts offline down now AND looses 9 stacks when going LD on porting to the guildhall.

You just have to find a group for C3 and 10 nameds ( who can tell what's harder to find ) :)

If they would have made it a single onetime 4h klicky for one named would have been a much better desition. With the actual implementation it's worthless.
    Kojacke, Hellfiren and Denebi like this.
  12. Denebi Member

Thank you in advance to the devs concerned for replying to this discussion

I'm curious to know what led you to do this :)
  13. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Yes AGREE 100%
  14. Chrol Developer

To make it work exactly as described in the effects.
    Zhevally and Drona like this.
  15. Fezagga Member

Too bad you couldn't make your code work properly when you created it, then you would have less issues. My advice is to test and validate.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They don't play the game and the test environment doesn't exactly mirror live.

Or some other excuse.

What'd be really cool is if the devs here had the humility to see if the "incorrect" way something is working ends up actually being either perfectly acceptable how it is or even a better idea than what they had originally come up with, and maybe change the wording instead of changing the mechanic. There have been loads of happy little accidents down the years, which the fixes for have actually made the game less fun. But I guess when your lead designers have the imagination and empathy of a concrete block, that's what you get.
    Ayumu and Kojacke like this.
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

There are many thing wrong with the game and fixing this isn't one of them.

What people here asking for is the permanent 50 fervour and OC. Then will complain the game is not fair on returning players and alt etc.
  18. Denebi Member

do you really think that was the right thing to do?
    What's the point of creating threads if you don't take them into consideration?
    a buff that disappears when you're not even in the game - where did you go looking for that? it's stupid!!!
    and kill ten mob ultra farmer with repop time too long stupid again!!!
  19. Smashey Well-Known Member

It refreshes when it hits 0 seconds, at least when you are logged out.
    Beee and Denebi like this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

So please write in the description that the stacks are lost on a LD porting to guildhall too ;)
    Manafizzle likes this.