TLE Specific - Heritage Treasure Cache

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Dolo, Mar 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolo Member

https://gyazo.com/4f8cd372df30cbd6f79a80b6f7bc8d0a

Item only obtainable through Heritage Crates, gives a % chance to drop a 2nd chest when killing a mob. Pure pay to win gambling for a chance at multiple boxes. Should not be in the game at all, but at the very least should be removed from TLE servers. If that isn't possible, make them only work in instances so that you can't use them on contesteds. Contested gear is sought after because it's rare, you shouldn't be able to kill one Avatar and get 2+ chests.
    Anib, bardlet, Demeus and 5 others like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Even setting aside the egregious pay to win attached to these.

They are terrible for the game and community. The faster people gear out, the sooner people stop showing up to raids or even logging in all together. The game will lose people over this, it's up to DBG if they are TLE players or not.
    Noble Froglok, Ziefren and Blytz like this.
  3. BlubBlub New Member

Terrible addition to all servers imo.
    Zenji, Siren and Ziefren like this.
  4. RuAhito New Member

Please, delete those pay-to-win crates on TLE servers. We need some more competition, but not this easy gaming. TY in advance.
  5. Noble Froglok New Member

You can do whatever you want with live servers, but completely changing the economy in the middle of a TLE server that doesn't live that long is not right and completely disrespectful to players who want to experience the past. You can introduce this not on new servers and give people the choice to play on them or not, but please let the players of the varsoon server finish playing according to the rules by which we started.
    #NOCRATESONVARSOON
    Anib and Zenji like this.
  6. Pcjunke New Member

These are not inline with progression, and need to be removed from TLE's
    Zenji likes this.
  7. Grummh New Member

I think you really screwed up with these boxes on TLE, you need to cancel these boxes on TLE, otherwise the server will die
    Zenji likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sorry to barge in, but were you all under the impression anyone on Live wanted these either. Join the bigger conversation. We want these gone as bad as you.

On a side note: I do think it pretty dirty to add them to a TLE server...
  9. Nezette Well-Known Member

On Discord, Mint told us to make a TLE specific thread. We’re well aware that they’re unpopular on live, too.
    Jrox likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right-click the image on the hosting site and Open in New Window, then copy that URL. Come here, click the tree icon, and post the URL into the box.

[IMG]
  11. Life Member

How does it change the rules? I could see that it adds more gear to players, adds more gear to the broker, but that saturation doesn't affect the rules. I'm not so sure it's going to impact the economy much at all since it's not like botters/farmers are going to go nutty on this since it could cost you $100 or more just to get a 20% chance at personal loot.

Neither is free-trade which is a P2W mechanic that has been enabled since the start of this TLE.

FWIW, I don't really care one way or the other about these boxes, but I do think the reactions to them are more about people not liking whales than the concept itself. Va'shir mount round 2 here we go.
  12. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.