PLEASE aut. dismount

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Tassya, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Tassya New Member

Please please put automatic dismount, when entering a crafting place like the one in West Freeport or North Qeynos.
    These places are already not very big, and yet ppl obviously can't figure out to dismount before entering, and are blocking everything with their HUGE unicorns, dinosaurs etc.

An automatic dismount when passing the door would absolutely rock!

Thanks in advance.
    Tinotino, Twyla and Feara like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have this within your control. In Options, you can set it so you don't see mounts at all (unless someone is flying). Just click this on!
    Bhayar and Jinksie like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sledgehammer to crack a nut. And all because people are incapable of being considerate. I play with mounts off permanently. And it annoys me as I can no longer see my own small, dainty mounts while moving through the world. And I wouldn't mind seeing other people's mounts out in the wild where there is space for them. But it's ridiculous having to try and maneuver round a mount that's bigger than the room it's in. And having to go in and out of options constantly to fix it whe needed is far more time consuming and aggravating than a simple mount toggle.

So, my mounts are now permanently off. And from what I've read on the boards it seems more and more people are taking this route. Which ultimately will hit their bottom line. After all, how many people are going to buy all those silly appearance mounts from the cash shop if they can't actually see them? And it's not even as if this needs coding from scratch either. If you so much as stick a toe in water anywhere your mount vanishes so we know the code already exists in game in one form at least.
    Tassya, Breanna, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

This is a tune I could headbang to.
    Siren and Tassya like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think it's a bigger issue than you think it is. Water is universal to the game world, so an easy flag. Dismounting in specific places would require going back and flagging every area in game where you would want the automatic dismount. Not impossible, but a lot of work.
    Twyla, Xillean and Feara like this.
  6. Bramdar Active Member

You can also use /suspend_mount_mode for this, so you can make macros to enable/disable mounts if they get in the way. /suspend_mount_mode 0 always shows mounts, and /suspend_mount_mode 2 always hides mounts (except for flying characters.) So you would need 2 macros to enable and disable mounts, but you could do this to toggle them off and then back on.
    Feara likes this.
  7. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Most people have mounts turned off in this situation which is why you can see them. Mount visibility is 100% up to YOU. Check your options and you can turn them off in these situations.
  8. Tassya New Member

Adding it to the 2 tradeskill houses in North Qeynos and West Freeport would be a nice start :)
    That is where it bothers the most, and I honestly don't see why I am the one needing to make macros etc, just because other people are inconsiderate....
    Feara likes this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

Is this doable? Just this would be awesome.
    Tassya likes this.
  10. Tassya New Member

Oh and while we are at it....an option to hide ALL pets and not just your own, would be absolutely awesome as well :D

When there is a petclass in there with their normal pet, their deity pet, their gathering goblin, their pack horse, their merc, their claimed sidekick and their 3-headed dog it also fills up fast...even more when they also have to be on a dinosaur.....
    Sigrdrifa and Tkia like this.
  11. Avarice Member

An alternative solution might be to add another /suspend_mount_mode. For instance, /suspend_mount_mode 3 might allow you to see your own mount, but everyone else's mount is invisible to you unless they're airborne.

Another alternative solution might be checkboxes similar to SOGA appearance, where you can choose to view Ground, Leaping, Gliding, and/or Flying mounts as a uniformly basic appearance - such as replacing all mounts with hover-pads, or basic wings.
    Tkia likes this.
  12. Tassya New Member

Another solution could also be, that people that need the stats from their mounts, pets etc when crafting, could craft in their guildhall, or their home....

If they don't get the stats in these areas, and they need them, they will just go elsewhere to craft imo

Another option could be to let us have the recipesellers/rush/work order npc's in our home and not just guildhall. That way all the rest of us could actually tradeskill in our homes, and wouldn't have to go in these cramped spaces.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't get why people so vociferously are refusing to take responsibility for their mount view? It's a dead simple thing to change in Options.
    Breanna, Daryx and Cusashorn like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I remember the devs stating way back during the early years of the game that the coding for mounts to show up is all or nothing from the client's side. With the exception of the flying animation that requires the mount to be visible for that specific situation, it's just not possible for a player to choose which ones they want to see and which ones they actually do. They would've added your suggestion years ago if it were possible.

Personally speaking, I think having mounts show up in the first place takes away from my perceived heroism of my and everyone else's toons. Sure, the mounts look pretty, but the change in camera from riding on top of a dragon or having your viewpoint blocked by some giant owl's head when walking around is just ridiculous and not worth the hassle.
    Breanna and Tassya like this.
  15. Tassya New Member

Because i play in 3rd person, and i like to see my own mount?
    And that is not possible with your solution :'(
    Feara likes this.
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

And all of this is why all my characters have wings. ;)
    Feara and Cusashorn like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So you are comfortable being the boor on a mount in a crafting space, but want to complain about others doing it? I don't understand.

Pop Options open and change the setting: EQ2 button >> Display >> Render Mounts

Voilá! No mounts visible! Then turn it back on again when you are out in the larger world!

There's probably a slash command for turning the mount setting on or off, TBH. People who are sensitive to this issue can probably just make a macro. Now if we could just get a dev to tell us if there is such a slash command available?
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  19. Tassya New Member

I know you don't understand....
    But you see....I click my mount off BEFORE passing the door each time, to not bother other ppl in a cramped space.
    Perhaps that helps your understanding?

I would never use mount OR have a full zoo with me in there!
    Tkia likes this.
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

I understand and your not alone. I do this every time. Always have.
    Tassya likes this.