Question About Server Merges

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I've read the info on server merges but I haven't come across anything that explains what happens if you have characters on both of the servers being merged. While it hasn't been a problem so far, it could be in the future for many of us veteran players with full character slots on several servers.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Twyla, Dude and Almee like this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I have characters on two US servers which is why I was asking. If AB and MD merged, I could have as many as 18 characters per account. And if they merged IoR, with AB or MD I would have the same problem.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

Character slots are account wide not server based. The only time you'd run into an issue was if the EU servers were merged into NA servers and you had characters/slots on both.
    Twyla, Dude and Siren like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

You will not gain or lose any character slots if any of the servers mentioned by you were ever merged.
    All those servers belong to US English region and share however many character slots come with your type of account or however many additional slots you ever bought.

US English region ( AB, MAjdul, Halls of Fate, Skyfire, IoR, Kaladim, Varsoon) that's 1 set of characters
    You get that same number of slots on every other region: EU English, Public Test and Beta.

so as mentioned above the only problem you would have if for some reason they ever wanted to merge Thurgadin from EU English region into US English group of servers. Test and beta servers are never getting merged with anythign so no problem there.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm maxxed out on a number of accounts on Maj'Dul and Skyfire. Not all though.

If US servers are merged, and the account is all access, would all of the characters be available ?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

As was already mentioned above, your characters aren't slotted by server but by region. US/EU/Test.

Server mergers have *nothing* to do with your character slots, unless they suddenly decided to merge regions, which would be a pretty good sign the game is dead.

It does not matter what server your characters in the same region are on, they're all using up the same slot limits.
    Sigrdrifa, Siren and Dude like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It would mean I have more than 9 characters on one server. Would I have, under all access, access to all of those characters ?
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, what's so special about 9? I'm not aware of any server limits to character count. You can have as many as you're willing to pay for. I have 16 on at least 1 server.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

As I said above, your character slots are by *region*, not by server. If you buy a new character slot, you don't have to pick a server for it to go on. (Or a region, for that matter, but that's a different reason)

You have <X> character slots - per region - on your account. If you HAPPEN to have made 9 characters per server in the US Live region, that's just a happenstance of how you made your toons.
    Tkia likes this.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It is simple, each region has a own maximum based upon multiple factors from your most populated region. For example, I have 24 characters on Skyfire, 12 on AB, and 2 on KD. That is a total of 38 for the US English region (which is maxed). I have 19 on Thurgadin which leaves 19 slots available on the EU English region (38-19= 19). I have 5 on Public Test which leaves 33 slots available on the Public Test region (38-5=33). Why I have access to 38 slots is due to a number of reasons including purchases of slots and grandfathering of other extra slots from days of yore;)
    Geroblue and Tkia like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

I have way more than 38 toons on US English servers. You can have as many character slots on US English as you want to buy, I'll bet. I'm not even tellin' you how many I've got there total, but there are a bunch on every server (KD, IoR, Maj'Dul, Skyfire, HoF, AB, Varsoon) and I play practically every class on most of them. :cool:

I also have another 19 slots free for the incoming PvP TL, should I want to roll there.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

To answer your question - Yes, all your characters on those servers will still be available if account is all access.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thats okay then.
    Breanna likes this.