Buying Kronos

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nellee, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Nellee New Member

I saw a player asking to buy kronos, and I could use a little plat, so I made the purchase. And then I waited, and waited, and waited until it was too late to make the sale.

I got the confirmation email but no krono. I am not happy. My membership is year's long so that isn't the problem.

Now I'm stuck with a krono until I'm lucky enough to find someone else who wants to buy one--assuming I ever get it. And I have to hope they are offering as much plat for it as I would have gotten today.

I'm sure everyone knows something about buying kronos I don't know because I don't buy kronos. I assumed it would be like anything else I buy. I knew there was a membership restriction, but as I've said, that isn't the issue.

I am very angry as there was no warning I would have to wait until the next blue moon, to get the krono, when I bought it. It just adds to the anger that I have because the game economy is so messed up that we have to resort to buying kronos to survive in the game.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Kronos take some days to deliver. The reason was to make sure daybreak gets the money. The time depends on the way you pay them. Some years ago there were problems with money which got drawed back and daybreak destroyed the Kronos (which allready changed the owner ingame).

The fastest way to get a Krono is to borrow it from a friend and give it back after it is deliverd by daybrak :)
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Nellee New Member

Then they need to add a warning to novice buyers, like me. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bought the krono since I couldn't be sure I could find a buyer later on. I don't usually read general chat, and have no real desire to start; this just happened to catch my eye and seemed like a good way to stop worrying about having enough plat for crafting.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Buggabug Active Member

last time i purchased a krono from dbg, i recall that is said it could take up to 72 hours to deliver. did they do away with that fine print on the purchase confirmation page?
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

At least on Skyfire, I see people looking to buy these every day for the most part. You won't have any issues finding a buyer. It should definitely clearly say that on the purchase page somewhere though.
    Cassta, Feara and Breanna like this.
  6. Disrption Active Member

The time delay delivery notification is on the check out page. I'd recommend reading it's there and they told you.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Fear not Nellee. A month ago my brother purchased a Krono and listed it very high on the Broker and it sold in 3 minutes.

I couldn't believe it. It shocked me to say the least.

I was like, how is that even possible? Was someone just parked there constantly searching for one or was it just a coincidence?
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

I thought I might add for first time Krono buyers not to make this simple mistake.

Don't look for it in your bags but where the Krono window is, located at the bottom in the Character window.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Well if you consider Krono typically sell for 300-500M plat in non-broker transactions, and the broker maximum is 50M, I imagine it did get scarfed up in a hurry. That's a substantial discount!! I agree with you though, it would not even occur to me to look on the broker for a 50M listing so I'd imagine it must have been a 'by chance' thing.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

Oooh man, I don't even want to tell him.
    He had just returned after a vacation from the game.
    I don't shop the broker for anything very often so when he asked my opinion I had none for the listing.
    No wonder it went so quick.

So the learning lesson here is don't list on the broker because it's broken.
    Pixistik likes this.
  11. Nellee New Member

If there was a notice about it taking up to three days to get a krono I didn't see it. But I was having problems seeing much of anything, this morning, which just made the experience even more stressful. Apparently pollen is flying fast and furious which has given me a major sinus infection so I was trying to read unfamiliar pages through uncooperative eyes that keep tearing up. I admit it never occurred to me to look for a warning as I know nothing about kronos except people occasionally buy them for outlandish sums of money. I guess I'll have to auction off the krono though I've never done that either, in 17 years. I hope that doesn't turn out as convoluted as trying to buy and sell a krono.
  12. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Yes, whatever you do, definitely sell your Krono face to face once you get it. If it's of any help, I sold a Krono the other day, simply by posting in the auction channel. "WTS 1 Krono, 500 mil", that's all I did. Got messaged very quickly, the buyer and I agreed on a place to meet, we opened up a trade window (right click on the player and select "trade" or wait for them to do it), I dragged and dropped my Krono in there and veeeery carefully counted all the zeroes when he added the platinum, finalised the trade and was completely broke again a few minutes later, because 500 million platinum is just about enough to buy some current mastercrafted gear, at least on my server.

It was my first transaction of this kind, and it was completely straightforward and easy to do. I'm sure you'll handle it just fine. Just don't put it on the broker for 50 million. It'll sell in seconds, and you'll quickly realise that 50 million platinum is basically nothing.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yikes. I make MC gear for whatever people want to donate if they have the rares. I guess maybe I'll check broker prices and see if I can get in the market!
  14. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

I can only speak for the situation on Thurgadin, but the decent mastercrafted Hizite stuff on there went for around 25 million a piece. Was a couple weeks back, it's entirely possible that prices have gone down a little since then, but working with the broker hasn't been exactly fun for a while now.
    Dude likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Well, not exactly broken. It's working as intended. That being said, it isn't working in a way that makes any sense.
    Breanna likes this.