Fixed Internally unable to progress Dissatisfied with Freeport quest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ootek, Feb 16, 2023.

1. ootek New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: The City of Freeport
    Character: Level 15 Monk

Summary: dissatisfied with freeport not progressible
    Description: im lvl 15 and trying to switch from freeport tyo quenos but when i go to speak with corporal henk rimebreaker he just asks if i want to fight. ive deleted and retried the quest several times and he keeps just asking if i want to fight
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

What does the betrayal questline say to do on the wiki?
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

So what options do you see when he asks you if you want to fight?
    Do you see 2 options?
    First one that you need to click is "No, I am here for some involuntary militia service. Brutus called me disloyal."
    The other options is "Not right now." which closes the dialogue with him.
  4. ootek New Member

ah sorry i took a screen shot and paste in here but it said it couldnt post, i see looking for a fight, but the only option is not right now despite the only active quest being disatisfied with freeport
  5. ootek New Member

yeah still nothing
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Ootek,

Corporal Henk Rimebreaker is not speaking with you because you have already completed his quest "Listening in for Qeynos", the quest he would be trying to offer you. Do you recall how you came to have "Listening in for Qeynos", out of the quest order?

~ Kaitheel
    ootek and Twyla like this.
  7. ootek New Member

i do not because i dont have that quest at all, i know i had startedthe quest a while ago but i never got farther than talking to corporal henk but i may have accidentally deleted that quest. i have dissatisfied with freeport, "quenching their thirst" "potion making" and a bunch of other quests but no "listening for quernos"
  8. Kaitheel Developer

I have confirmed that "Listening in for Qeynos" is in your completed quest journal, listed under "Betrayal". I can see it on your character's quest log. It is the cause of this conflict with Corporal Henk Rimebreaker. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to delete a completed quest, which would clear this issue for you. But not all hope is lost! I've got a fix for Corporal Rimebreaker coming. Clearly, somehow you were able to get and complete "Listening in for Qeynos" and if you can do it, others can too, so this stumbling block with Corporal Rimebreaker issue needed to be resolved.

Keep an eye out on the update notes. The Quest section will include the following change when it is on the live servers:
    • Dissatisfied with Freeport - Corporal Henk Rimebreaker may still be looking for a fight, but at least now you can converse with him, even if you have already completed "Listening in for Qeynos".

~ Kaitheel
    Pixistik, Twyla, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

if one wanted to do those quests to betray Freeport, then betray back, and then try to betray Freeport once more... will they/should they be able to do those once completed quests again?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That situation would be handled via in game means (a bit of code attached to the betrayal process). If that is how this situation came about then that would be useful information.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The entire Betrayal questline is deleted from your completed quests tab after you finish the process. With the exception of a few pre-betrayal quests, you will be able to complete everything inside it all over again, as many times as you see fit with each process.
    Chikkin likes this.