Tarinax transfer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mowse, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

this is what is stated in the forums re. Tarinax demise...
    Banks

Q: Should I take the things I have in the bank or shared bank out?
    A: There is no need to take anything out of the bank or shared bank. All items will be transferred over completely. If you delete all characters on Tarinax before the merge, your shared bank will still appear on Antonia Bayle in the overflow items window.

I used character transfer token to go to Skyfire. My shared bank from Tarinax items are no where to be found.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

If you use a transfer token, your shared bank doesn't go with the transfer. You have to look at the rules for the way you're moving. What you're quoting only applies to if you stay on Tarinax until the merge.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Whoa! Dang!

Do you have a Tarinax alt you could also use the free transfer on and go to Skyfire with? You could pack her personal bags and personal bank bags full with all the shared bank stuff first, before you leave, and get all the shared bank items over to Skyfire that way.
  4. Mowse Well-Known Member

All I see in the post dated 2/8 in news and announcements re. Transfer token was this.
    Q: Will there be free character transfers off Tarinax before the merge?
    A: Right now, if you log in to your character, you will find a character transfer token that will allow you to pick the server to which you wish to transfer. You will be able to use this token anytime starting after scheduled maintenance on February 15, 2023, until the servers come down for the merge on March 7, 2023.

so I lost some stuff. No biggie,
  5. Mowse Well-Known Member

Only the one character there. It’s fine though, Ty for response
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Time to roll a quick alt on Tarinax. ;) Stuff her personal bags and personal bank bags full, transfer her to Skyfire, move all items and plat to the new shared bank, then delete her if you need the slot back.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

Genious!, will try that
    Siren likes this.
  8. Prayos Well-Known Member

The question you posted in your first post was for the merge into AB. As mentioned, transfer tokens have a separate FAQ, and iirc (and I could be wrong) even lets you know when you use the token that your shared bank stays where it's at.

For the idea of creating a new character and then transferring it, I'd be interested to know if the new character got a free transfer token as well.
  9. Mowse Well-Known Member

I got new character, shared bank still there, lvl70 boost which I needed to use to use transfer token, but when I attempted to use token told I wasn’t old enough so try again March 18. It will work, assuming token still valid when I get to AB
    Hartsmith and Taled like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, you're brilliant! Let's hope the transfer token is still there and still works once you get to AB, instead of just vanishing out of your bags. Hmmmm.

You should keep trying every couple days and see if anything changes. Maybe the transfer file for that character has to re-register that you're now L70 and high enough in level to transfer to Skyfire. I would keep trying before the merger, just in case your transfer token disappears after the merger.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, characters require a certain 'life' time before they can be transferred, unless the devs overwrite it on the specific tokens. I'm guessing the free tokens don't overwrite it (As there isn't really a reason to, typically) which is unfortunate in this case. You *might* be able to petition and get lucky with a GM response, but it's not terribly likely sadly.
  12. gambitak Well-Known Member

If you use your 70 token and then leave the island to either Freeport or Qeynos, it should move your character to another server with the token. I just did it with my character and successfully transferred.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Mowse Well-Known Member

Mine won’t work, still getting message I have to wait. I have nothing but time