Marketplace is down!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sahale, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Sahale New Member

Hey, Daybreak...Marketplace is down (I play on Varsoon). Could someone please address the issue? Gracias!
    GIng likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

It's been down for days (only on Varsoon), but assumedly it will be fixed during that long maintenance on Feb 15th.

Usually they don't shut down the cash shop on a server unless exploiters are afoot, but it should all get cleaned up in a couple days regardless of the "why."
    Breanna likes this.
  3. GIng New Member

bump - would like an answer on this one too
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

It's been offline for a few days now. At this point, I think it's safe to presume it's related to some kind of exploit, and they probably won't discuss it publicly.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

When players report that the market is down on Varsoon in the official EQ2 Discord, Angeliana just says "We're aware."
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Yes, we are aware, and will will report any news if we get any. :)
    Siren likes this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

If we're honest, that's actually pretty substantial engagement for darkpaw.
    Dude, Taled and Pixistik like this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

That's a pretty flat out acknowledgement of it being disabled intentionally without saying it outright. Learn to read between the lines.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Or it could simply be that as there is already a major backend maintenance planned for tomorrow that will undoubtedly fix it (and may even be because of it) that nobody is about to mess with it in the meantime.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Why? It isn't our job to learn to read between any lines. All they have to do is POST it here in the forums. So simple. So many questions not having to be asked repeately. If they can put it in Discord, they can copy/paste it right here.

HAVE a good day. 8)
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

They didn't say it in Discord either. They won't explicitly discuss exploits, which is presumably the reason it is shut off.

Should they post something saying 'Marketplace is disabled on Varsoon (or TLE) until the next update'? Sure. But the fact that it is *only* on Varsoon, and no other server has an issue with it, should also be pretty clear.
    Dude likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I was not discussing whether it was or was not discussed in discord. I was asking YOU why we needed to read between the lines. All they have to do it put it in the forums for everyone to read. The whole discord issue is a totally different issue imo. I learned many years ago that reading between the lines is not the smartest thing to do usually. It is not accurate and often leads to issues where spitting it out in plain and simple English leaves no doubts or less doubts. I have been around the block a few times in my life and to date, I do not 'read between the lines' if I want accurate information.

If it is only on one server, say so. Easy peasy. I think you are missing the whole point which is that if it is put out on the forums for all to find, see and read, it will possibly, maybe, sometimes, and even occasionally stop the 1000 post asking the same question. I realize that is a slight possibility but it is still there.

Should exploits be discussed in discord OR the forum? Absolutely not. I never implied it should be nor have I ever expected it to be but apparently it is being discussed someplace because there are the 'special few' that seem to know the ins and outs which is fine. I do not need nor want to know them. Just sayin....

Hope everyone is enjoying the downtime and hopefully a little good weather before the next front hits.