Renewal of Ro Guide for Beginners (or Returning Players)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Added a section on how to calculate casting order in the OP.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Sharakari Active Member

Was looking at the calculation for the efficiency spreadsheet and I dont see Potency calculated. Is that by design?
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I inherited the spreadsheet from the old EQ2 forums in the form of Warlock and Wizard Efficiency Calcs. I don't think Potency changes the relative efficiency of the spells as you are comparing them to one another, rather it's a multiplier. Just like AB Mod is tacked on at the end.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Finthorne New Member

Greetings -
    Are there any reqs necessary to unlock Kalista so it can be purchased from Charifa? I have allied faction with the nomads and have completed the signature quest line and the music box quests.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to have the prior version of the mount before you can upgrade it. Kalista is available for people who purchased the expansion at the Collector's level or greater.
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Finthorne New Member

Thank you for the response.
    Based on the formula above, Kalista seems to be the key piece in reaching the 8910 resolve target for Heroic 1 instances. Any suggestions on how one would reach the threshold if they did not purchase at Collector's level?
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can go in to an H1 if you are no more than 100 Resolve under the required level. The first time or two, you may not do much. But it won't take long for a piece of two of H1 gear to boost you up.

Otherwise, look at the mounts in Tishan's Lockbox in Hopewell Harbor and their stats.

In theory according to the March 14 Game Update Notes, "New charm, ear, finger, and wrist items can now be found in [Solo], Graceless Solo" (also higher zones).

Checking EQ2U, there's not crowdsourced drop data for much of it yet but from what I can see we have:
    • Seeker's X = 395 Resolve (big whoop)
    • Petrifier's X = 400 Resolve (from Solos, big whoop)
    • Chronicler's X = 405 Resolve (big whoop)
    • Ritualist's X = 415 Resolve (from H1s)
    • Exemplar's X = 420 Resolve (from H1s)
    • Partisan's X = 425 Resolve
    The Chronoportal PQ will allow you to obtain these, either as a direct drop or purchase from Sadiq in Hopewell Harbor with Renewal Quintessence obtained via the PQ coinage:
    [IMG]
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Finthorne New Member

Thank you for your assistance. You do such great work with these guides and provide much needed direction to all of us lost souls. We appreciate you! Off to do some PQ's!
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa, thank you for ALL the hard work you have done on this thread and in Wiki. I am probably the only one feeling this way but am going to say it anyway. When did our beloved EQ2 become so complicated to play we have to keep spreadsheets on everything? :( Where did the pure fun go? If it wasn't for you and Wiki I'm not sure how I would keep playing ;)
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Another item new or returning folks might not know is that some while back, DBG introduced a special kind of AA points that aren't actually usable until you "unlock" them by earning something called "Bonus Prestige Points".

There's a list on the wiki of what rewards Bonus Prestige Points. There are a couple of collections, but mostly you get these by completing old achievements.

There are only two achievements in Renewal of Ro that I have located that award these Bonus Prestige Points, so prepare to backtrack and do a bit of old content to get your AA points all unlocked... Fortunately, there are some fairly simple Exploration and solo quest achievements you can use to do this.
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Slyseq Member

Sigrdrifa, thanx for ALL the awesome work you have put in on this thread. Through my niavete I have missed the Panda Quests. I started playing EQ2 in Jan 2020 after EQ1 since 1999 and a break of 5 years. In starting the Panda Quests for 2017, following your superior "guide for new, returning and (in my case) idgit players" I am going merrily along until an update repeated fails. I have submitted a bug report and bug forum query but cannot help but think I am doing something incorrectly. I would very much like some guidance. Thanx for any help. Regards, Llwynn of Slyseq
  12. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa, we have been away from this game for almost ten years so it is amazing to see that you are still a resource. We each are thinking of purchasing the current expansion for each of our main accounts. We have a full compliment on each account of "maxed" adventurers and tradeskillers. Looking for an opinion on who you would recommend to boost to 120. I am torn between my conj and my warden and looking for opinions. Also, if you were to choose one tank who would it be? TIA
  13. kloree Member

What is the sands off oppression detrimental effect. Can't kill anything in zone and thought I followed your guide to a T. Will rebook at everything and see if I messed up somewhere
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Conjurors are really good DPS in RoR.

Wardens are on a slight down dip in relationship to Furies, I've heard, but a well-played healer is still a valuable player.

Tanks? I'm really loving crusader tanks this expansion (Paladin and Shadowknight) because they can spec to be Fearless and that protection extends to their groups... and there are some encounters that have a fear component that is just super annoying without them! I've actually dusted off my paladin and been trying to get her up to a point where she can tank groups.
    Filly67 and Feara like this.
  15. Splint Member

You may wish to consider updating this section. The vendor that "sells" the buffs is still in Savage Weald, but the ROS missions no longer drop the Shadowed Ethereal Tracker coins. Can only get them now from the VOV and ROR various weekly quests.
  16. gaeca Member

After being away for the best part of 7 years this resource is simply invaluable to me,many thanks to all.
    Filly67 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. pumancat Well-Known Member

OK, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff. So can someone please give us some numbers for these stats ( Ferver, Crit Bonus, Pot, and the overcaps ) to at least solo ( with mercs and pets ) the Siglines ? It's all pretty confusing. Especially with the stat debuffs per zone/instance.
    Thank You.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a thread discussing stats in light of RoR that should be helpful.
    pumancat likes this.
  19. Johnmclain New Member

i'm returning player i think the resolve stat have completely kill the game. Since 3 week i have try to find group but nothing. always the same excuse to low resolve. i have 8920 resolve 10 more for the min h1 but i'm kick out group cause low resolve...
    the skill players not have important now ... only count that f... resolve..........
  20. pumancat Well-Known Member