Any possibility that we can get personal depots to hold mount recipes?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Right now, we can't apparently put mount recipes in depots of any kind. Only store them in shared bank. Nor do they stack. Is there any chance we can get that changed? It would be enormously handy.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I Upvote that !!!!!!!!!
  3. Denmum Developer

If you're asking about recipe books, I'd need to know what specific (tradeable) ones you mean, so I can look into why they don't stack or go in the scroll depot.

If you mean patterns, not recipes, that's another can of worms, and I'd again, want some (tradeable) examples, that I can bring to the appropriate person to ask if we can make changes.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

I am sick of mount recipes and patterns. They clog up my bank vaults. I hope someone makes a list of the ones that don't stack and a list of the recipes that won't go in the depots. I'd do it if I could read what they say.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, Denmum. I meant to say "patterns." I can't put any patterns at all in any depot I have. They simply won't go. Don't care whether they're Hizite or ones from last xpac. If they're a mount pattern: saddle, reins, breeching, barding, etc. they refuse to go into a depot. If someone has knowledge of one that will, would love to know. Hope that helps.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cassta like this.
  6. Denmum Developer

That's the thing. I need to know which "tradeable" ones won't stack. Most of the ones that I remember him making are heirloom, which means they cannot depot, period. If you can find examples of tradeable ones, I can get them to stack, at least. But heirloom is heirloom is heirloom, and your best bet in that situation is to post something in the Feedback forum, and get people to upvote the original post it so it is listed internally as a top issue. Then itemization/mechanics folks can at least consider the request.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused. What does tradeable have to do with stacking? I'm fine with them not gonig in a depot when heirloom personally. The fact that they don't stack is maddening. Plenty of Heirloom items stack. Temp Adorns, Regular Adorns, Currency all stack. So that can't be the reason. I can definitely go make a post in Feedback or Upvote if someone beats me to it, but not sure why that is being offered up as the reason for stacking.
  8. Denmum Developer

It is more that if they have no limits on them such as heirloom, I feel more comfortable putting my jumjum-covered fingerprints all over them to work on them. Otherwise, I am stomping over itemization/mechanics decisions, and "should" be involving others in the conversation. I know it isn't a necessarily a logical dividing line from the player perspective, but ...
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I get what your saying, but it's the nature of territorial barriers that needs to be eliminated from corporate thinking and practice. Customers don't care about what department is involved, they only care about the end result of decisions. Frankly, the idea that some heirloom items stack and others don't should have shot fireworks off long ago. Especially with space restrictions that have literally been in place for years where bank slots are involved. A bit tongue in cheek, but it's like having to tell the design department for tire manufacturers that tires need to be kept round, haha.

And actually, in hindsight, this problem was discussed back in December of '22 on the Itemization forums by Vlokdiak with a comment by me about barding patterns and timers. But I'll be happy to start another thread if that's of value.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

12. Denmum Developer

I can/will work on the stacking thing, since the patterns themselves are stat-less, so can stack.

I cannot do anything about the depot part of the original request since the patterns are heirloom.

Again, if there any tradeable patterns, I can see about them being able to go in the harvestable depot, just like some of the very original mount patterns did. However, I don't have the time to go digging through alllllll the patterns, so I will need item names if you find any that are fully tradeable.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As always, much appreciated Denmum. However, I have a question. Why are patterns heirloom to begin with? We have seemed to create this problematic barrier for stacking items and I don't know of a single player in this game who wouldn't agree with being able to stack any mount patterns as being a good idea. Is that because someone thinks selling them on the broker is a bad idea? We often craft stuff for each other in our guild and I'm just not seeing a down side to the notion. I know you're up to your ears in work, but if there's a time where you actually get to put your feet up, I'd be curious as to the answer to why patterns need to be heirloom. Again, always appreciate your work and your insights.
  14. Naramee Active Member

are there any other reins recipes then the crafting ones in RoR. All I see is the crafter reins, where are the ones with mount speed or what ever else
  15. Andric Member

maybe make them like a currency? those can be account wide or personal and can be accumulated automatically?
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

That says it all Bhayar! I do understand the dynamics of corporate thinking and practice. Paraphrasing your post, if one type of tagged item stacks they all should, such as heirloom. Although I am always complaining to myself about space restrictions and you are right. Why haven't they been upgraded in some manner? Why can I only use the shared bank or guild bank 1 for heirloom items? Guild bank 2 thru 4 should also be able to hold heirloom items, especially with no new slots, larger bags or additional house vaults being made available.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

Good question and great idea!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea, absolutely! :)

Uwk
  19. Denmum Developer

Mount patterns will stack with the next patch. The rest isn't in the cards right now, but at least the patterns will be stackable.
    Jaden, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since this thread, I've gone looking, and some patterns will go into the Harvest Depot, at least the one we have in our guild hall in Thurgadin. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.