Nerfed Character

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GuyB, Feb 1, 2023.

1. GuyB New Member

I have a character playing in the new zones. It is a dirge (125) and worked very well for a while. I logged on one day and can't damage anything, eve a butterfly could knock me out. I try occasionally with the same result. One other person had this problem, but can't remember how it was fixed.
  2. Bramdar Active Member

It's helpful to include a character name, since that way, we can look you up on EQ2U.

Many others have come here with similar issues, and some of those have been cases where buffs or gear were missing and as a result, crit bonus was too low. You want your crit bonus to be in the 20,000-25,000 range at least, for the new zones. Sometimes with previous posts, crit bonus has been too low because the familiar isn't active or because the wrong familiar is up (the familiar is dismissed when you mentor and unmentor, for example.) But it could be other buffs, using the wrong mount, or other gear missing.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a good mess now, with these mounts, these mercs, these familiars, these forgotten items, these addorns not put, these forgotten buffs etc etc.
    A big nonsense, got to find your way around, spend these hours updating your character, would deserve a achievment in itself;)
    Pixistik and Siren like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Always check that your familiar is working. There's a bug where it may deactivate after zoning.
  5. Athenia Well-Known Member

There's a few bugs about. Try the following and see if it's any better:

- Zone our of your current zone
    - Unsummon and summon your mount
    - Unsummon and summon your familiar
    - Unequip then re-equip all of your gear

Then come back to the zone you want to adventure in and see how you do.
  6. GuyB New Member

Thank you so much! Added the familiar and the character is killing like days of old!:)
    Iludiin and Bramdar like this.