Yet Another Returning Player (YARP?) Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by mouser, Jan 30, 2023.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

Judging from my post history, it's been a minute since I played (2015 or so?), so I'm guessing Terrors was the last expansion I played. So here are my questions:

My characters were moved to Skyfire. Decent pop? Best playtimes if anyone knows? I play mostly solo anyway, so not a huge deal either way. Housing was my jam - logged in to find Redblades inventory absolutely full of furniture, so I was working on something when I left (fortunately I had enough guild points left to get into my guild hall).

How is Varsoon? If I upgrade back to a paid account is it worth playing now? I played since launch day, so I vaguely remember most of the early expansions.

Are there any good and up to date guides for the things I've missed?

Thanks for any replies, and for any other pointers or info I should now.

And you're all welcome to check out my art gallery and library: Qeynos, the big house with the porch.

Edit: And zounds, the inflation on all the broker prices. Is there a money tree somewhere I should know about?
    Sturmlocke and Dude like this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Welcome back. Skyfire has a fairly decent population. If you choose to stay on Skyfire look up the Shiney Castigators, we're a combo guild, crafting oriented but I do the adventure lines as well. There are guides on the wiki for everything, most returning players have given feedback that they are great. The inflation is horrible, I haven't found the money tree yet. Many active guilds have people who will help you gear up and keep you fed.
    Dude likes this.
  3. mouser Well-Known Member

Thanks. I may look your guild up in a bit, but for now I've got a tier 2 hall all decorated and fixed up with amenities.

The plat at the broker is mind blowing to me. I'll have to look through my old collections. Maybe I've got duplicates of some collectible someone wants...

Glad to hear there's still a community here. Be seeing you around Qeynos and other places. :)
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not sure what level you are playing at the moment. But there's a huge demand for Wild Rice and Mahngavi Mangoes currently. These are common mats that are needed in very large quantities for temp adorns. If level 120 and are able to get into VoV zones, harvesting those mats and selling on the broker will be very profitable for you.
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

Level 100. Don't have the latest expac, and playing free for a bit more before I start my access again. Not sure how many zones that gives me access to. I will definitely find out though. Thank you for the help.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Everyone gets up to the AoM expansion for free and the level cap for AoM is 100. After that, you'll have to buy the latest expansion to get anything after that and to increase your level.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

You will have limited options for earning plat since there are 8 expansions beyond AoM. You might find a stray appearance item or shiny, but that content just doesn't have much broker demand at this point.
  8. mouser Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think terrors was my last expac, so I'm stuck at 100 for now. Gonna be a month or so before I can splurge on that. Won't be the end of the world either way. Gives me something to look forward too, at any rate. I'll be able to restart my all access soon, so there's that.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone wants some of the old snow globes and music boxes I've been hoarding.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

So Terrors of Thalumbra came after AoM. If you have access to that, one collection of relevance/interest to many is the Banners which rewards the Call of the Dhalghar which can be set to any Bar in Norrath.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Welcome back! Woot, lots of folks coming back lately. Excellent!
    Siren likes this.
  11. mouser Well-Known Member

Well, I got All Access. Only got three extra characters for some reason, was hoping to be able to roll a new one to check out Varsoon, but ok. Also was hoping for veterans bonus for characters at 100 tradeskill, but seems that will have to wait till I get the expac.

On the positive side, I went through the harvest depot and pulled a bunch of rares. I must have priced them a bit too low, as they all sold out within a day, but it made me a nice 75k plat to start off. I'll definitely keep sending out all the goblins (what a PITA)..Once I do get RoR, I'll be able to send the crew out to the current zones. Hopefully peeps will still need the stuff then.

Finally, I found Matri and Kenny for some characters to help round out their merc pool.

All in all, having lots of fun.
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.
  12. mouser Well-Known Member

Rare harvests seem to be doing pretty well for me. Made 500k overnight on my second batch. Maybe not a lot compared to the billions I'm sure most players have at this point, but at least I can buy some stuff now.
    Twyla and Sturmlocke like this.
  13. Twyla Well-Known Member

If I combine all the coin on my 14 characters and rob the guild bank I still don't have as much as they are asking for. My big question is why. I mean except for bragging rights what good is that much plat? It's pixels buying pixels. That's also why I have so many characters, I gave up purchasing from the broker and decided to be able to make my own stuff. Also, I have a limit just like IRL on how much to spend and what I list is never over that amount. I try to list according to the level, moths for example will never be over 10G and that's on the high end. New players who don't use those coins to get to max level but actually play the game won't see a plat for a very long time, let alone millions of it.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Rares work for me on Skyfire... but on Maj'Dul those same rares sell for a few gold instead of lots of platinum.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Just on the off chance it isn't common knowledge, anyway - you can buy bags of platinum at some city vendors in exchange for loyalty tokens. Not the billions and billions you'd need for current endgame stuff, but definitely enough to keep you going quite comfortably while you're trying to catch up.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sell shinies. Pick up any shinies you see, and sell any you don't need. Shinies from all tiers still sell. Admittedly,prices vary wildly.

Also, sell fertilizer materials, those bones, flasks of water, and bags of various stuff that say in their description that they're fertilizer.

Try selling common and rare harvested materials. Lower tiers don't sell as well as the current expansion stuff, but some things do sell fairly well.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I likely just need to look the broker over on Maj'Dul and find out what sells there. I make good money on Skyfire.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.