Solve this mystery....Lost girl

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fading Illusion, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Fading Illusion Active Member

Hello Norrathians!

I need a little help. After an amazing interview with one of the original artists of EverQuest and EverQuest 2 for The EverQuest Show, he told an interesting story.

Audio was needed for a zone in the game (Unsure if EQ or EQ2) but there was a little girl that was lost.

He had his own daughter record the audio...something along the lines of "Help me, I'm lost" etc....they added some spooky echo-y effects, but I can't think of where this may have been used (It may not have been?)

Any thoughts or ideas?

My initial thoughts are Plane of Mischief (there's an echo-y cackle in the background), but that's not really the same.

Would love to solve this mystery so I can tell the story on an episode.

Thanks!
    Fading
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Unrest, perhaps. That whole zone is a haunted house.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like Unrest to me. Some spooky sh*t in there. One of the best zones they ever made.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Isn't that Nektropos Castle?
  5. Rushd Active Member

Could be the newer NoTD quest from doing the home city gravedigging as well. Most of us have sound turned off these days so we don't catch those easter eggs often.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No it would have been at least 15 years ago,
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

perhaps part of Cauldron Hollow, I recall a lost girl quest in there but have no idea what LU it was a part of.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There's no voice acting in that zone, though. Fading is asking about a sound byte heard in the environment of the zone, and Unrest uses plenty of creepy sound ambiance for the haunted house theme.
  9. Fading Illusion Active Member

Thanks for the input everyone.

It sounds like it could be some of the environmental sounds from Nektropos. That timeline seems the likeliest.
    Though, it is possible it could be Unrest, I wonder if that is a bit farther down the line that the developer that asked.

Thanks and if I have any more info, I'll pass it along!
    Fading
    Siren, Cyliena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.