Helpful Gear Change Macro

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Fyresworn, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Fyresworn New Member

If you are like me and have several different equipment/mount/familiar setups it soon becomes a problem to switch back and forth ... more importantly remembering to do so before combat. This macro will help (not totally illiminate) that issue

** NOTE: This macro will need to be created for each equipment set. I have 3 macro buttons
    ** One for Combat, One for Harvest, and one for Crafting/Experimenting
    ** NOTE: you will need to include a cancel_maintained line for each mount or familiar
    ** you use as there is no way to auto-know which one is up. Whichever one is up
    ** needs to be unsummoned so you can resummon the correct one
    ** NOTE: Do not include lines with double asterisk in macro these lines unsummon any mount or familiar
    /cancel_maintained "Summon: Kalista, Victor of Renewal"
    /cancel_maintained "Summon: Orita Skyquaker"
    /cancel_maintained "Summon: Raj'Dur Vulture"
    /cancel_maintained "Summon: Eustace"
    /cancel_maintained "Summon: Gaggelu Pearwood"
    ** cancels appearance visual so that I will know I am no longer in combat
    ** NOTE: This line should not be in any non-combat macros
    /cancel_maintained Faerie Fire
    ** this line sets the equipment set. 0=Primary - 1=Appearance
    /equip_equipment_Set 0 "Combat"
    ** this line equips whatever mount (4 is Kalistsa for me)
    ** -8=current mount 4=index of mount 0=Primary - 1=Appearance
    /inventory equipmount -8 4 0
    ** this line equips familiar (13 for me is Vulture) - same explanation as mount
    /inventory equipfamiliar -13 13 0
    ** this line summons equiped mount
    /summon_mount
    ** this line gives me an actual visual confirmation that I have changed gear
    /say "COMBAT gear equipped"
    ** this line runs a spell that is appearance only (for my Fae Fury) and is something visual that will
    ** tell me I'm in harvest and is also a line that you will only include in non-combat equipment loads
    /useability Faerie Fire
    ** NOTE: you will still need to manually summon familiar as summoning mount and familiar happens
    ** too quick in a macro without a pause in between
    ** IN THE END: I have 4 buttons on my hotbar - Combat - Craft - Harvest - Familiar - this way its
    ** always just a 2 click process to change between gear. Hit Combat - Hit Familiar
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or you can use the Equipment Set tool to quickly equip sets.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Fyresworn New Member

True ... but does it equip your gear + mount + familiar with the click of 'one' button on your hotbar ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a macro that equips the mount and familiar, then summons the mount. But so far as I know, you can't get it to do both the mount summon AND the familiar summon.

For me, hotbar space is at a premium, so I use the Equipment sets, plus two mount/familiar macros. I have a crafting/harvesting mount+familiar, and a combat mount+familiar... but I have separate equipment sets for harvesting, crafting, tinkering, transmute/adorn, and combat. Sometimes I may have an equipment set for soloing and another for raiding.
    Hartsmith, Fyresworn and Breanna like this.
  5. Fyresworn New Member

Again you are correct in the fact that you can't summon mount and familiar. It would reqire a pause in between to allow the first summon to finish before starting the second.

Hotbar space is another issue though. I have several different equipment sets as well but have only created the above macro for the 2 most used ... Combat and Harvesting (both of which selects/summons my mount and selects my familiar), which require 3 buttons .. Combat ... Harvest ... Familiar. So 2 clicks and I'm switched. One for the gear and mount, Second click summons the familiar. All the other equipment sets I go through the Character dialog the normal way.