Im Confused about Broker

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fixit, Jan 6, 2023.

1. RubyHOF Member

No way. That's likely not anyones reason.

Who enjoys wading through 100 pages of crap gear just to find the few scattered things worth buying with the 50m cap?
    Current broker system is pretty much trash and has taken away one of the advantages to playing on IoR.

I can't wait to see all that old stuff fall off and only current stuff remain. It'll be easier to sell since buyers will be able to find the stuff easier.

And while we are on the tangent of broker stuff, please add a resolve search criteria. thank you.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  2. RubyHOF Member

Server came back up, and still there are all those old broker postings from when things could be listed for billions.

Will those ever fall off? Or is it just new stuff that has the timer?
    Juraiya, Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I logged in to play today on one of my secondary accounts. Two items for sale. Bot delisted.

Hit it hard, I needed that plat. Well, just for this game. Otherwise, no.

In order for me to get 8 hours of sleep a day, I don't have time to log into all of my accounts and re-list items.

So, Gero walks towards the door. Waves good-bye.

"And no, you can't have my stuff."

Closes the door quietly, and walks away.
    Siren, Juraiya, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

It's crazy to me that you're all so up in arms about having to relist items every two weeks.

Do you never reprice your items? Do you expect something you stuck up to sit forever until someone finally says 'Well, I guess I want that bad enough'?

If it was two days that would be one thing, but if your item hasn't sold in two weeks at a set price, it's probably not going to sell.

(Not that I think this is a necessary move while leaving all the old items up, but still)
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I think the idea behind the change makes sense, but the implementation isn't great. They should de-list everything that can't be sold under the more recent rule changes, and I think whether something is delisted or not should be based on when the last time that character logged in. Two or four weeks would be fair, in my opinion.
    Ephras and Twyla like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

No. Some of us prefer to spend limited leisure time playing the game, not the broker.
  7. RubyHOF Member

Why do I have a feeling that it's you guys that do crap like list A Rusty Spoon and Bone Chips for 50,000,000

Just how much stuff are you selling that you have so much "Leisure time" to play the game, but not to relist every 2 weeks?
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

If that were the case, this should be even LESS of an issue.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Ephras Active Member

I don't like this having to re-list most of my food/drink items for sale every other day or so on all four live servers.

I had to switch to a left-hand mouse a while back because my right hand couldn't take it anymore with all the keyboarding and mouse clicking. Now, my left hand is starting to hurt too. Go figure!

I also think whether something is de-listed or not should be based on when the last time that character logged in. Why not do it this way Devs?

Ephras
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think you see the scope of the problem, Taled. My main broker toon mostly sells old shinies. They always sell eventually, but they're not something everyone needs every day. Same with my carpenter... she sells furniture from several tiers, and decorators will buy all of it, eventually, when they get a design that needs it.

I typically reprice stuff at least every other day, but when I've gone and, say, run the latest iteration of Shard of Hate seeking the couple of shinies I'm missing in there, any that I don't need go on the broker for 2,000,000p. That's because it's a giant PITA to get them, so there's no competing sellers. But they do get bought eventually. Some items may not need to be repriced, but will still eventually sell. If the price drops under 100p, I pull the shiny from the broker and drop it in my GH shiny depot.

So, that main sales toon has six 100-slot no-broker tax boxes. It's just a lot to have to relist things that got delisted. Thankfully, Darqwood helped me out by making a macroable tool* that I can use to click a number on my keyboard to relist on item at a time (select item with mouse in right hand, click "9" on my keyboard with my left hand), rather than having to mouse to click the item, then mouse to the relist button on the market window and click. I have tendonitis issues in my wrist and thumb, and just had the thumb operated on in December, so this is a literal pain.

* This involved editing eq2ui_inventory_market.xml to add a line after the first <PAGE> statement:
    HTML:
    <Page Name="Relist" OnShow="Parent.MainPage.TabPages.SellPage.SelectedItemFrame.CommandListUnlistItems.Press=true Visible=false" Visible="false" />
    Then I made a macro with /show_window Inventory.Market.Relist and stuck that on my hotbar.
    Amybelle, Juraiya, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  11. Prayos Well-Known Member

My confusion on this is that fact that I've got items still listed on a character I haven't logged into for a month. I thought it was supposed to delist everything every 10 days?
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

Only items listed after the expansion launched when this code was implemented initially, so far.

That's fair. There are *some* items that will stay up at a price with no competition, I agree - because folks only look for them when they rarely get to the point they need them or finally decide it's worth pulling the trigger to get them over with and be done with the zone(s).
  13. Andrea Member

A "list all" button would be nice.
    At the very least, make the word "no" under listed show up in yellow or any other colour than white!
    Juraiya, Geroblue, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  14. Laaw Well-Known Member

it would be nice to allow broker listing to stay up as long as the character has checked the broker and/or made changes.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

How on earth do you manage to translate 'limited' into 'so much'?
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Why would moving from a 'post it and forget it' situation to 'having to maintain listings on multiple toons on multiple servers every 10 days' situation be less of an issue rather than more?
    GrunEQ, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  17. Laaw Well-Known Member

I'm retired...
  18. Sweety D Well-Known Member

It seems most of us agree that the 10 day limit on selling items is not ideal. However I have a huge problem with the suggesting a good way to solve the lag issue is to remove old items for sale, as opposed to new items. It’s been proposed that items should be delisted if the player has not logged in for an extended period of time. To me, this would be devastating.

I play low level alts when I grow tired of playing 1 of my 10 max level characters. I play them slow and love to browse the broker for old and long outdated items for low level characters. Many of these items have been listed on the broker by players that have not logged in for several years. Obviously the seller will never receive the money for items I buy (assuming they don’t come back to the game) but we need to consider that delisting these items hurts the BUYERS more then the sellers.

Additionally, Sigrfridia gave an example about selling shiny collections on the broker. I am constantly looking for random shiny’s on the broker. It takes me years to collect/buy all of these. I think removing ANYTHING from the broker is a bad idea.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Base it on last logged in date. If that toon hasn't logged in in 10 days, suspend their broker sales, all of them. When they log back in, automatically turn the broker sales back on.
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I think I am going to help the cause and stop selling stuff altogether, soon as one of my toons drops a sale with the new algorithm I will just pull it all down and sell it to a merchant.
    Then I will delete that toon if they run out of money so as to help with the lag of having to many toons for the database to keep track of.
    It will help lighten up the server load.
    Who's with me?
    Geroblue likes this.