Varsoon - Fallen Dynasty Items and Rewards

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Mint, Jan 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mint Loot Meddler

Hello,

With Fallen Dynasty around the corner for the Varsoon server I wanted to open up a space for suggestions and concerns for Fallen Dynasty content, specifically items and rewards.

What we are able to look into/follow up on before unlock:
    Quest, Dungeon, and other reward items that appear to be over/under powered or statted for the incorrect era
    Possible bugs with item sources
    Issues with past reitemization efforts that may have incorrectly changed item stats or moved rewards

What we are not able to address before unlock based on feedback in this thread:
    Fundamental mechanics unique to the TLE servers or otherwise
    Spell or ability functionality/power (these concerns should be their own threads in the appropriate forum)
    Heroic or Raid boss mechanics

If you have a concern you would like to share please be as specific as possible, including:
    The FULL NAME of the item in question (we are simply unable to work off of "that sword from the sig quest")
    What EXACTLY is the issue
    How it may be corrected, if needed

Thank you for taking the time to help us make sure Varsoon continues to be the best TLE experience we can make it
  2. Boldac Active Member

3. Bearoco Active Member

First round of looking. I'll post more as I find them.

Ring of the Four Winds
    - Needs 33 primary stats/sta to be in line with other quest items like Fitzpitzle's Earcog
    - Needs 1.4 crit, 1.9 pot
    - Recommend replacing the 3rd blue stat (haste) with something better like AB mod

Bonesnapper

Ancient Hardshell Leggings
    Current Blue Stats: 6.5 dps, 0.6 ae auto
    Recommended Blue Stats: 6.5 dps, 44 AB Mod

Hardshell Bracers
    Current Blue Stats: 2.9 haste 1.7 flurry
    Recommended Blue Stats: 6.5 dps 1.7 flurry

Hardshell Shoulderpads
    Current Blue Stats: 2.9 haste 1.7 flurry

Worked Ligament Sash
    Current Blue Stats: 2.9 haste 6.5 dps

Xux'laio Master of the Fluttering Wing

Ethereal Iceward
    Current Blue Stats: 4 multi-attack 1.5 block
    Recommended Blue Stats: 3% max hp 1.5 block
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  4. Revvix Well-Known Member

Based on the depressing amount of communication and feedback taken during DoF and KoS, I won't be wasting my time doing QA this time around.
  5. Jandraligeli Member

Can we not have the guy who did itemisation for KoS? That's my feedback.
  6. starblast New Member

LOL is this a joke? how about respond to any of the previous threads about itemization???
    "Hey guys can you help me do my job? I know you've all done this, and I've ignored it legitimately every time but this time I promise it will be different."
  7. KythosMeltdown Active Member

ring of the four winds is level 69.
    - It used to be an item with +15 all stats and 5% reuse but given the way stats work now it should probably be set to level 70

8. Steals New Member

Hey I will give it a shot.
    Hunter Items are supposed to be equivalent to items out of the next expansion. Currently the damage rating on these weapons are not in line with this, below are issues that need to be addressed.

Desert Hunter's Bludgeon
    Damage Rating is out of line with KoS Weapons
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 81.07 to no higher than 72.15 (equivalent raid weapons)

Desert Hunter's Claw
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 81.07 to no higher than 72.15 (equivalent raid weapons)

Desert Hunter's Stiletto

Desert Hunter's Crossbow
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 106.67 to no higher than 90.19 (equivalent raid weapons)

Sky Hunter's Bludgeon
    Damage Rating is out of line with EoF Weapons
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 97.89 to no higher than 75.95 (equivalent Soulfire Fabled Version)

Sky Hunter's Claw
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 97.89 to no higher than 75.95 (equivalent Soulfire Fabled Version)

Sky Hunter's Stiletto

Sky Hunter's Bludgeon
    Damage Rating should be reduced from 128.8 to no higher than 99.68 (equivalent Soulfire Longsword Fabled Version)
    DarkOmn likes this.
  9. Boldac Active Member

I know the likelihood of getting a response is slim, but I saw it mentioned on discord.

Can we get the 1 item per chest thing addressed? We don't have a year to wait like live does to gear up. Can you pump up the number of items in loot chests please?
  10. Anib New Member

Imo the best overall improvement to Itemisation now would be to get an abmod cap back in place on Varsoon.
    They have a server specific factor of 0.7 on miti and resists, maybe abmod can be done server specific as well, an easy version like "it wont have effect above lvl*10". That would make tons of dps/ma/.. items worth sth again.
    For the rest...well as a tank runnig around in 3stat lvl60 questgear, with the occasional chance of a 3 stat hp upgrade like the 4 usable relic pieces...just not funny anymore.
  11. Unnattural Member

if you nerf hunters, people just wont do them... kinda not the point lol
  12. Unnattural Member

or, imagine this, buff other items, not 2.7 haste or 6 dps mod lol..

5 haste and 9 dps mod or 9 dps mod 5.5 ma etc
  13. Boldac Active Member

Nobody is asking for them to be turned into useless piles of pixels (which is what they currently do to quite a few otherwise good items), just asking that they be turned down to match current content signature items or become something besides gear that can be useful like adorns or class/role specific spells/abilities.

Not that it matters. We have provided feedback repeatedly (btw, thanks to those who did the heavy lifting for DoF and KoS) and it falls on deaf ears. Sure would be nice if we could get a response to the requested feedback.
  14. Liberal Active Member

Ideally all of the gear from the heroics and raids from fallen dynasty should have four stats.

Considering all of the gear will be useful for sub two months, I always enjoyed the idea of mid-content of each expansion giving a gear boost to players who are struggling in raids.

EOF/ROK/TSO does this incredibly with Shard of fear/hate and WOE.

As far as hunters goes, they will never be nerfed and brought down to reality with other items. What I described earlier about increasing player power at mid-content is the entire idea behind hunters as it was explained by a dev on a previous TLE.

There's plenty of items in EOF/ROK/TSO that I would wear over the hunters xbow/secondary on a couple classes, plus it allows me to snag items like the necklace or shoulders. The issue is most glaring at the lower tiers.

In TSO everyone is going to complain about the crossbow considering every mob has a reactive debuff that actually hurts your dps to attack the mob with an auto attack.
  15. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Quest: "The Master of the Fluttering Wing"
    Quest Rewards:
    Ring of the Draining Spirit
    Signet of the Draining Spirit
    Emblem of the Draining Spirit
    Crest of the Draining Spirit

Concern 1: These rewards are flagged as Echoes of Faydwer and thus not able to equip on TLE correctly.
    Concern 2: These items do not have the proper stat count for items that come from killing raid content, as the zone required to finish this quest is epic x2.
  16. Maergoth Well-Known Member

There is a much larger conversation necessary than can be conveyed item-by-item in this post, or any post.

We simply don't know the limitations you're working with to make any suggestions. Can you double the variable blue stat on 3 stat items relatively easily? Can you add an extra blue stat to tank loot or rebalance the weights? Can you add rarity modifiers to the loot generator? Can you buff sig weapon ratings to meet hunters weapons? And maybe even rebalance hunters in general?

All of this is unknown, so how can we even possibly comment on what should or shouldn't be adjusted?

If you're not playing the game, that's fine, but please.. talk to and listen to people who do.
    The silence is deafening 95% of the time.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Anib like this.
  17. Mint Loot Meddler

We are not able to rework the Hunter's Union quest rewards at this time. We can look at power, but making them equivalent to expansion gear would be antithetical to their design and I do not believe we would do that.

I can look into Ring of the Four Winds to be sure it is correct for the effort required, but I am not likely able to shuffle stats around on individual rewards. We do not have the bandwidth to adjust on a per-item basis for desired stats

Gear pacing, including drop rates and currency rewards, is not something we generally want to change on the TLE environment. If there is a specific concern about a tier of gear not being obtainable I can check it out. That being said, I was looking at certain raid tables for Fallen Dynasty and several drop multiple items at a time already.

This is outside of the scope of this update. I can mention it and it can be on our radar for future iterations for consideration.

I can check these out

Changing the stats layouts or amounts is beyond the scope of this update. We can record feedback about them for future iterations if there is a good argument for them.
    I do not understand what "rarity modifiers" refers to here.
    I addressed Hunter's Union gear earlier in this post
  18. Mint Loot Meddler

Thank you all for the feedback, I will continue checking this thread at least through Friday. If you have big-picture suggestions for TLE systems please do create an individual thread for discussion if you feel it is warranted
  19. Maergoth Well-Known Member

The issue with hunters specifically is that they're not just better than current expansion loot, they're better than loot from the following *two* expansions. Sig weapons are on par with "next expansion" loot. So this creates a scenario where if you have last expansion hunters, you can't actually upgrade it with anything other than hunters, ever. The only saving grace is if it has an effect that can proc while you crossbow, and only crossbow, until the end of time. Nerfing hunters would be a problem for scout dps versus mage dps, so just.. Buff up sig and raid weapons. Epics, soufire, claymore, the damage ratings especially. Until then, 90 percent of players will just auto attack with a crossbow forever.

I know from a player retention standpoint that tampering with hunters is a point of contention, but keeping them in their current balance is also a point of contention.

As for item rarity..

We have handcrafted, treasured, legendary/mastercrafted, fabled and mythical loot. For the most part, the rarity doesn't matter. It's theoretically possible for treasured items to be stronger than fabled items, handcrafted to be better than legendary.

The suggestion was to add a larger bonus to white stats and *any* bonus blue stats based on rarity. +10 or 20 percent for fabled and mythical, - 10 or 20 for treasured and handcrafted.

Most of the time fabled loot is rarer or harder to obtain. There is nothing quite as awful as finding something rare and hard earned and having it be objectively awful compared to mastercrafted or even handcrafted.

Also if there is intent to have 3 stat raid gear scattered about, do consider having that single variable stat be more potent if it doesn't have two variable stats.

The big picture threads feel like a ghost town most of the time, but I'm happy to revisit them with updated thoughts.

I realize a lot of the above is out of scope, but a lot of people hoping itemization can move in a fresh direction eventually, especially for older gear.

Appreciate the communication though. Will take a look at specific items. Still holding out for better MO loot.
  20. Boldac Active Member

I'm going to second that. Thanks for the acknowledgement. Looking forward to see what comes with Fallen Dynasty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.