Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kattt Well-Known Member

Can you please fix the slippery tiles? They don't work at all like the ice in the village. They work more like being feared. You step on, and it suddenly gives this choppy cut like you are about to do a cut-screen video or something, and suddenly jolts your camera in a weird direction. Then you slide in some random direction..often *way* off the tile itself, and then suddenly stop. Then you move forward on the tile and it does nothing, then suddenly it gives another choppy cut and jolts your camera in another weird and sudden direction. (like the action has been chopped or simulating missing many frames per second.) They are not consistent in sliding when going across at all. I thought when I heard about it, you would slide on it just like you do in Frostfell village, but this works like being feared. In the village you just slide across until you slowly stop, and keep sliding if you move again, and the camera stays normal. As you move on the village ice, the sliding picks up speed too. Like you would on a real rink.
    The choppy cut to a sudden other camera angle is actually enough to make you queasy. I honestly have no use for these if they work like being feared. I was hoping to build a skating rink and it works nothing like it at the moment. =(
    I love the idea, but just not functioning as it should.

(I would have liked to test this year, but just too much going on at once.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Hartay and Twyla like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dam , I forgot that we can do the little Goblin lost , because we do have the Sleeper Tomb unlocked on Kaladim.
    And the Gallivanting Giftes we could have done many months ago.
    But unfortunately I forgot to mention that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, gang, refresh my memory... X-P

The Deepice Mystery thing came out awhile back, and it was so damn discouraging, because unless you finished all 7 quests related to it (and even A Deepice Mystery itself had quite a few parts), you had to keep continually going back again and again and again and again and again every time. Finally, I guess Kaitheel or someone else kind put his/her foot down on that silliness and made it so you only had to do it all once and it would count forever (we'll ignore the fact that before a certain year, you got no credit whatsoever for having done certain quests, regardless of what it said in the Completed Quests tab).

The question of my addlepated, way-too-tired brain (which hasn't done them all for quite some time, except with the new Hordelings) is this: do we just have to do A Deepice Mystery once again for all and ever, or do we still have to do all the others as well to make it count:

The Giftgiver's Dilemma (including Gnopp's One-Stop Shop and Raiding the Gifty Storehouse; I consider those 3 quests)
    A Frostfell Favor
    Merry Mischief
    Saving Frostfell

Because while these are indeed fun, they're also fairly time-consuming, even with, say, 7-10 toons or so ("I cast Tasha's Uncontrollable Laughter on myself!"). Many of us have more than that...and frankly, all the rest of them are the older quests. If the point of the Deepice Mystery is to, indeed, solve the mystery of the icing up of the Village and its important members, does Jingle remember that we've done so already and let us do as we will with the other folks at our leisure? :-/

Uwk
  4. Denmum Developer

It is *just* Deepice Mystery to de-ice everyone, and it only needs to be done once per character at some point since Kaitheel changed it.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got a whole bunch of little toons still on test who still have to do that quest, so I get to look at the ice cube Permafrostfell village till I finally find the time to do this quest on all of them :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bless you, Denmum! :D

And bless Kaitheel! :D

EDIT: I was a bit puzzled because some fairly recent toons of mine hadn't gotten "cleared" from the requirement until I realized that the final fix of that (thanks again, Kaitheel!) wasn't until 2020, and that a "recent" toon had done it back in 2018. Sigh. :-/

Ah well, at least it's fixed! :D

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My bad; the Sinister Gumdrop pet (old thing) is Heirloom, and worse, it's a "vanity" pet, rather than a house pet (if we want to make a house full of Gumdrops, that should be up to us, I say ["Twenty-twenty-twenty more Gumdrops to go ..." "You need to be sedated ..."] ;->).

Sadly, with those kind of things, once everyone's Scribed them all, any leftovers can only be Vendor Trash. Even I can't make enough toons to keep up with the numbers of them I'm getting. :-/

My request: anything that's Heirloom that isn't a house item, let the merchants sell that kind of stuff, and let Santug focus on everything else, new or old. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another Request: not sure if it properly belongs here, but it is on my Public Test Horde group, so:

I can finish up mooching off of Santa Glug and do other things on Test if I can get my hands on:

4) Candycane Frostfell Cube Plushies

I'm willing to trade the following:

2) Cinnamon Stripe Curtains (well, 4, since the "two" are actually the Heirloom boxes. Once opened, though, I'd be willing to trade two sets of curtains :D)
    4) Festive Sprens, if they're tradable; I believe they are, and not Heirloom
    12) Ice Ichor Coven Capes
    22) Petamorph Wands: Iceborn Brute
    6) Snowflake Curtains; see above
    8) Sugary Ninjabread Men

Seriously, you can have ALL my extra Wands... X-P

I just wish they could be applied to regular pets, either vanity or house, as well as/instead of a different type of wand version of some sort. I remember that lovely white hawk the other year, and how many of my toons couldn't use it. :(

Uwk
    who will accept PMs rather than continuing to spam in this thread ;->
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Suggestion for future capes.

Could we make the capes convertible into tapestries so that we can make use of all the surplus ones that get handed out? I know the mechanism exists as it was applied to an event cloak years ago - Cloak of the Ancient Champions. I just tripped over some of mine in storage and they still flip between cloak and tapestry on command. They have no collision as tapestries so I used many as curtain doorways long before we got real doors :) I'd happily use some of these extra cloaks the same way if I could convert them. We desperately need some way to deal with them. I tried to clear some space on a few toons and found I couldn't even dump them on the broker as it appears every server is swimming in the things, not just me!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Agree.

And the Petamorph Wands...I don't insist on them being usable for House Pets, but I'd love it if they could for Vanity Pets. Same problem on the Broker: the things I really need and might not get enough of this year are selling for 6-7 figures of plat, and all the excess Wands I have that only work on combat pets (even I can't make enough toons to meet that demand ;->) are going for literally pennies, as in copper. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe give us the ability to turn those wands into pets, so every class can use them.
    Or what Uwkete said.
    Another idea is making them usable for deity pets, man some of those are ugly.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! :D

And darn; I thought they could. :-/

Be used for Deity Pets, that is.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: In years to come, can we have all the soon-to-be old Heirloom stuff on the old stuff Village merchants, guaranteed? We can't get them any other way, not Brokering (and I can't find the loose Cinnamon Stripe Curtain [out of the Heirloom box] entry anywhere on the Broker at any price on Maj'Dul), not in a Trade with a kindness of strangers (should be the group name for them, imho :D), no other way (and please, please, PLEASE, no more Heirloom Vanity Pets given out by Santa Glug. Ever. Put them all on the merchants. Make a "pet shop owner" merchant in the Village for those and bring them all back that way. Something, anything else). :-/

I understand about some things being Heirloom, like the Broom mounts, but I'm confused as to why the tag changes from Heirloom to No-Trade on the Brooms the minute we make them into house items. If they stayed Heirloom, at least we could hand them to our alts via the Bank (would still love to be able to just mail our alts Heirloom stuff) to put in their houses. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Uwk, just drop them in the bank as mounts while they're still heirloom.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I'm going to do. ;->

Still don't know the logic behind it and that bugs me like an itch. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I hide my Warlock deity pet because people go to the other side of the street when they see me coming
  17. Twyla Well-Known Member

:D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At the risk of getting scowled at, I will bring up that there do seem to be "rares" on each server re: the Santa Glug gifties (we won't mention the mats rares in the nodes >cough< Cured Ham >cough< Raw Fowl >cough<), in that even with literally NO ONE ELSE in the Village at the time (hello, Public Test, often, especially once Frostfell goes Live ;->), there are certain gifties that are darned near impossible to get with any amount of time or effort or even in-game cash spent on the Broker. And when one has more than 7 toons per region, changing up the schedule randomly ain't gon' cut it. :-/

On Test, it was the Candycane Frostfell Cube Plushies that were giving me hives. On other servers, there were others, but Maj'Dul was the worst this year for me and Cinnamon Stripe Curtains (I stopped doing Santa Glug any more once I got that last set on that last server, so this list is not indicative of how much I'd've had if I'd continued until the night of the 4th)...

TOTALS, EXTRAS (i.e., above and beyond what I need for my toons; what's possibly tradeable/sellable):
    28) Candycane Frostfell Cube Plushies (anyone need some? :D)
    0) Cinnamon Stripe Curtains (and this is after one set was BOUGHT. There were times when there were absolutely none to be had, even on the Broker, for any amount of plat; other times when there were very, very few, and the Wands, for instance, were so plentiful they were going for coppers on the silver. Generous friends have offered me some, which might've been what woke up RNGeezus to my plight. Thanks again, folks! :D)
    12) Everfrost Estate Fountains
    8) Festive Spren non-Heirloom (THANK YOU, KAITHEEL!!!!! :D) vanity pet scrolls (I'd bought 3 in a fit of panic earlier, thinking these might be the rares for Maj'Dul [the relatively cheap price alone should've told me otherwise; I figured they were only "rare" for me]; iirc, they were on another server)
    12) Ice Ichor Coven Brooms (pity these are Heirloom, then No-Trade once they're house items [why? why not keep them at just Heirloom? :(]; there have been folks that needed more of these on Maj'Dul [and other servers; I can understand not allowing mail with stuff included between, say, Test and the regular servers, but why not among Live US and Thurgadin?], but I couldn't help anyone else with their needs for these :-/)
    18) Ice Ichor Coven Capes...again, after I'd bought some in a panic early, thinking I wouldn't be getting any more. Ah, youth...
    27) Petamorph Wands: Iceborn Brute (the main issue here is it only works for Combat Pets, not Vanity Pets, not Deity Pets [that's a shame; even Deity Pets help out a little with a combat, at least as much as Familiars], not House Pets, etc. and not everyone has a Combat Pet class toon. No wonder they were going spare on the Broker... Now, if it were a Wand that could turn a follower Pet into a House Pet and back again... ;->)
    13) Snowflake Curtains. Wrong Curtain set, RNGeezus... X-P
    19) Sugary Ninjabread Men (once again, I'd bought some in a flurry of concern, which turned out to be woefully unfounded ;->)

And that's just of the NEW stuff... X-P

Out of over 300 new gifties and more than 230 old gifties on Maj'Dul, I have precisely zero extra Cinnamon Stripe Curtains, and I can't imagine, looking at the results on the Broker every chance I got, that I'm not alone in this, and until I get the scuttlebutt from other folks there that got plenty of them, I won't be convinced these aren't actually rares (at least for Maj'Dul). :-/

Uwk
    who's never seen the point of rares, other than in materials nodes and indicated as such ;->
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

***SCOWLS*** How many times have we had this conversation now, Uwk? Oh, that's right, every Frostfell, every Oceansfull, every Nights of the Dead ... RNG! Just because you're not getting as many as you want doesn't mean it's 'rare'. Yes, I was short of Cinnamon curtains on one server and on another I was drowning in them. On one server I was drowning in brooms and on another I struggled to get the ones I needed. I'm not seeing any sign of any particular rarity across the complete data set. The way it actually works is: whichever one you whine most about not getting enough of is the one you get least of - it's called karma! :p
    Juraiya likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

one of my toons got 6 snowflake curtain boxes and only one striped one, others had the reverse.
    on Tarinax one of my level 9 toons has 5 mounts, wile most of my toons have none.
    The good news is Tarinax is free trade.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.