Epic Spell questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taled, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah. And how many researchers would it take to trigger the spawn? Does the chance just go up for each researcher turned in?

That's the issue with the 'trigger' theory, it would need to be something a single person could do, or these would have to be things that eventually stop 'despawning' unless they want to brick wall people.
    AvenElonis and Zhevally like this.
  2. Anatha Active Member

I have a feeling that Master may come from H2s. GM and ancient from raids but that wouldn't be fair to non-raiders.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

We can go up to GM without raids. Ancient and Celestial require raids.
    Gninja likes this.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

Brigand Adept.

Eye of Night(Solo)

[IMG]
    Taled likes this.
  5. Fidd New Member

Brigand: [UNKNOWN - Neither class reported yet]o_O

EXPERT EPIC SPELL

Confirmed Brigand: [Sultan's Dagger - H1]:cool:
    Taled likes this.
  6. Hanab Member

Can confirm that Enchanter's Everflowing Inkwell are dropping from Eye of the storm aswell.
    Taled likes this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

SK Expert: Terrene
    Taled likes this.
  8. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Okay this deal with the Travelling Researcher is for the birds, I think it travelled away and isn't coming back, for the Mages at least on Maj'dul. I have had 5 guildies divide up the time for 24 hours now. Every hour on the hour they go to the spot, indicated on the quest write up. Nothing. They look for things to click, like the blossoms on the cactus, nothing, they kill everything around, they examine their item they got from the box, nothing. and they go to every instance of that zone, and it hasn't been up in 24 hours. The only way I see around that is if when they were checking zones, another zone opened up briefly, then closed when more room was made on another instance. People have been coordinating it in chat. Nothing.

Others are camping for dozens of hours, to no avail... yet I see people in caht saying the scout researcher is up, more than any other class. What gives???

A thought occurred to me, if this is something that is truggered, could it be you need those charger horns and other fertilizers, to turn in to Fazil the merchant for an item that triggers the mob? Just thinking out loud since those charger horns are so hard to get....
    Twyla likes this.
  9. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

You guys not getting your adept item are killing the last boss without gace of norath right?

Right click the grace of norath buff and cancel. Does make the encounter a bit tougher but apparently yields higher chance of epic item drop.
  10. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

You guys not getting your adept item are killing the last boss without gace of norath right?

Right click the grace of norath buff and cancel. Does make the encounter a bit tougher but apparently yields higher chance of epic item drop.
  11. Kodamungus Active Member

Just gave me an ornate chest with more loot in it than normal.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

I don't think we have any actual evidence of that, honestly. It's just RNG being RNG - I know people have gotten it on the first kill either way, and 30+ kills doing it graceless every time as well.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

The researchers are triggered. Camping them isn't the answer. Turning in fertilizer almost certainly isn't the answer, although I suppose it technically could be, but it's very unlikely.

I am testing a new theory each spawn cycle, but nearly noone has shown any interest in actually helping me test spawning them - any time I suggest something, the only person who ever actually responds and says they are trying it or willing to is Zhevally; When I mention that people NEED to figure the spawn method out - because you WILL have to use the researchers for more than your adept spell, the response I get is 'Well, I dont like it so Im not gonna try to figure it out'.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. Darkgladiator New Member

Fighter Researcher location update. He is located on the beech not on top of the hill at the below location,

Correct Location 0.87, -5.60, 556.42 on the beech right hand side

15. Prayos Well-Known Member

Running Sacred Gift 7-8 times a day for the last week and nothing. This is getting beyond tedious.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

Add in Eye of Night/Eye of the Storm if you aren't.
  17. Moss Well-Known Member

I found The Wanderer in Raj'Dur Plateaus Zone 4 after a server reset, I was the first and only person in the zone and just run to it's spawn point, so there was nothing that trigger it.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder, myself. That said, they currently appear to only spawn in one version of the zone at a time so I can't say that what you do in your specific instance would be what causes it.

With that in mind, though, I *would* appreciate if people could post a list of times they saw specific researchers - But PLEASE include the time zone and server if you post a time.
  19. Prayos Well-Known Member

For the wizard's adept?
    Taled likes this.
  20. Benj Well-Known Member

Halls of Fate, Sandstone Delta, Fighter Researcher: At 5:00 PM MST, it was not up. At 6:00 PM MST, still not up. At 7:06 PM MST, someone reported it was up, and it was still up at 7:30 PM MST. Between 6 and 7 PM MST, I ran a single music box, the one that spawns on the same island as the researcher. No idea if that's related.
    Taled likes this.