Daybreak lack of Marketing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Euredia, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Euredia Member

Hi,

You have to admit the visibility into this expac has been lacking and has been really absent over past years. All of us long timers want is more visibility into what's being offered like it used to be done years ago. Previously we got to see the armor and the housing without having to purchase so we knew what we were getting. This year you got ZERO visibility into what the zones were from Daybreak, it was all beta testers who uploaded to YouTube videos...was it Daybreaks plan to have your clients do the marketing for you?

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Employees can only do the things the big boss allows. Every job I was ever employed at.
  3. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I think they fear that if they show what is in the expansion people won't buy it. Now you have to buy it to see what's in it. At that point they have your money. If it was an amazing product with lots of fun content they would be dying to show it.

I miss the days when they did videos and provided detailed information about what you are buying. Every expansion we get less and less information and game content. It's just the way it is now.

I wish the expansions were bigger with more lore and quests like we had before. Still happy the game is still around and new content is being made. Looking forward to playing the new expansion.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's somewhat simplistic. Yes, there's a scope of authority. That said, we've all run across snarky employees or people who put the minimum amount of effort in their job, think they have all the answers and generally don't want to be there. We've also run across employees who enjoy working where they're at, are informative, knowledgeable and very helpful. It runs the gamut. Employees can be limited by authority, but not necessarily hindered by how they perform within that authority.
  5. Nunja Well-Known Member

Even when it was SOE there was no advertising and DBG followed with the same thing. It will never be advertised because it isn't a priority. Just hope and wish that game continues as that is all you can do.
    AOE1 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Maybe you were asking for too much plat to use your image?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.
  7. Zen Master formless, shapeless

^This.

Up to 50% of the American workforce practices 'quiet quitting.'

Many work only as hard as their contract compels them to do so.

Some people actively seek out remote work where there is no oversight.

Still others take frequent leave of absence.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Again, this is accurate, but also simplistic. People are doing this for a number of reasons and most of them have to do with lack of leadership across all levels of management in companies and corporations. Everyone likes recognition and rewards not just for doing a job, but when they go above and beyond. There are too many "bosses" that were promoted because of longevity, not because they actually know how to lead. Show me your work environment and within 2 days or less, I can tell what kind of operation you have. Years ago, one of my opening questions (which frankly, I learned from a real example of a leader) was this: What must every leader have in order to be considered a leader? You would be shocked, or maybe not, how few people could correctly answer this question. But the answer is so simplistic, that you want to slap your head that you didn't guess it to begin with, haha. I certainly did.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jaden like this.
  9. Laaw Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that I am retired. I could never have survived in the work place described my temper would explode by the lack of ethic that my parents and their parents instilled in me. also that I tried to gift my children with, work, good hard work. is so important to self esteem. I'm really at a loss
  10. Sweety D Well-Known Member

11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If an employer says no advertising except in a few precisely named places, then that is the only place adverts will happen.

No one should pretend an employee will spend money on advertising unless authorized.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this, I'll go into more detail.

Companies I worked for typically had a marketing department. They had a budget for certain things/media they could advertise on/with.

If they wanted to advertise elsewhere, they have to convince someone to allocate them the monies to do so.

If the owner of a company says no funds for television or print media, the marketing department wont put adverts on television or print media unless they want to be fired.

Some of you apparently think an employee can just decide to spend company money however they want. It doesn't work that way. If they do, firing and the employer demanding the money be paid back is very likely to happen. And then the employer has to go to those same media outlets and do more advertising to backtrack on whatever unauthorized advert the now fired employee did.

Wishful thinking doesn't cut it.
  13. Zen Master formless, shapeless

My original comment was in reference to a Twitch or Youtube stream.

We used to get a stream of the expansion. It's something they've done before. The 1 minute YouTube video that just came out helps.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

i heard there is a kraken mount in the pipeline!
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There is definitely not!
  16. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I love how everyone is a marketing expert on this thread. As if RIO calculations haven’t been done for budgeting.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

It's already complete?!?!?!?!?! Woot!!!!!!
  18. Zeoni Member

Yeah but if it didn't surpass it then the Next Exp will not get that much and keep following it to Game is shutting down you go yeah your right we should be worried.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm seeing Twitter and Facebook adverts, but that's it.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

awwwwwww :(