Necromancer needs some love to catch up to conjy

Discussion in 'Mages' started by bluemoon, May 23, 2022.

1. bluemoon Member

Can we look into buffing Necromancer so it is at least comparable to Conjy at the same stats.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

it took a long time for the mages to finally shine. yes the conju is really op now. and also, yes the necro has been boosted as it should be. for the moment nothing to report, while waiting for the next xpac.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

I prefer to play it safe, since as soon as they touch a few things, it explodes in all directions. For now the mages seem balanced, let's not tempt the devil
    Bhayar, Twyla and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And the key word here is "balanced."
  5. RubyHOF Member

How big of a difference are we talking here and I assume you've ensured player skill, gear, and group makeup are all the same?
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean? I think the 2 classes are very, very different playstyle. I also think the necro is by far the best solo class in the game.(with a skilled player) In raids my mage group, the necros usually have highest DPS.
    Daryx likes this.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Gee, when the necro took top honors and was beating the conjy I didn't hear anything about them wanting to see the conjy equal. And remember, the necro can heal themselves AND rez themselves. The conjy can do neither, so I say if you want to make things equal, lot's do it right. Give the conjy healing spells so they can heal themselves and their pets AND a rez spell so they can rez themselves. For years now they necro could put out more damage than the conjy and in some cases they still can.
    Muffincookie likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That was what my comment about "balancing" was directed at. If you look at the descriptions of the two mage classes, you see the conjy is the "offensive" class and the necro is listed as the "defensive" class. In my book, that would suggest the conjy(everything else being equal) should outdps the necro. On the flip side, the necro trades slightly less offense for the skills AOE1 mentions above. Actually, they can rez anyone, including themselves, have a 100% feign death and have a heal. Unfortunately, as threads throughout the forums frequently detail, the idea of class balancing went out the window years ago. Classes, stats, attributes, and spells have gone all over the place and there's no one at DBG that has the scope of knowledge to bring it all in line. That's not a shot at the devs; it's an effect created by the explosion of stats and the ripple effect that making one change to a class has on the game. We've seen it over and over again.
    AOE1 likes this.
  9. Occam Well-Known Member

When necros were stronger than conjys here were plenty of us necros who thought conjys needed to be buffed, and said so publicly. That said, this post is just silly. We're fine. Sure I'd love to dominate the parse as a necro, but I feel good about what we bring to the table right now.
    Bhayar and Laaw like this.
  10. Nicodemius Member

I read this and thought it was a troll post until I finished the comments. Dude. Necros are fiiine. I'm playing one for my main. Very tight and balanced. Try a coercer if you want to see underwhelming...that charm ability SUCKS. IF Daybreak fixes anything, they need to start there. Necros are arguably a top class right now already.
    AOE1, Twyla and Bhayar like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I like mine as well, although I don't play him much. Raid needs a healer, haha. But I absolutely love the necro.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

What they needed to go a long time ago was put the classes back to what they were intended to be. Not nerf one class because another gets their feelings hurt.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I know plenty of necros that are huge damage dealers along with their other attributes. I play both classes, and in fact play all the Mage classes and find that like most players we have our favorite. And the one that is the favorite is better geared, more attention paid to spell levels, and everything else. I do not think they are balanced evenly and that could be somewhat changed but I do not think they should be equal in everything. I like that each class has their own specialty. I have been playing a conjy since 2004 and seen them be great at dps and poor at dps. I have seen them used as raid pullers because the pet could single pull from a group (and knew the pet owner would die on those pulls which was fine) and seen that end as well. I have been playing my necro for probably half that length of time and I am aware she is not geared OR outfitted as well. I do not expect her to perform as well either. Maybe it is just all how each looks at the class and situation.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Merker Member

Honestly, necros are quite "imbalanced" imho. As an old EQ1 player, a Necro should never be able to steal aggro from the main tank (if they are playing their toons correctly). Encountered a lvl 100 necro tanking her pet on the puppets during Heroes Fest and stealing aggro from my lvl 125 SK left and right. I had to burn blaphemy, provocation, rescue, etc, quite often to take aggro back. All the while ACT was reporting that it was my toon dealing the primary dmg on the mob!

Or maybe, its tanks that are imbalanced and need an overhaul. Either way, I've seen groups wiped due to a necro's pet stealing aggro away from the main tank. Dealing dmg is one thing, taking it is quite another and when aggro is drawn off the tank and onto the casters/healers, it's not a good thing. Each class has their role and should play it accordingly (when grouping/raiding). The mechanics of specific classes certainly need an overhaul. A caster should never become a tank or be able to play as one, that's more befitting to hybrid classes (pallys or SKs).

Don't get me wrong, I love necros, my daughter plays one. Their DPS is off the charts, but I always have my daughters (lvl 125 Conj and lvl 125 necros) always switch to their off stance and back their pets off when grouping. Too many times have they gotten the group wiped because their pet out tanked the tank! And once the casters/healers fall, the tank is next.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Tell them turn off their pets D stance. 100% this is why you have issues. If they dont, lwt them die. Simple
    Soraia likes this.
  16. Merker Member

Guess I wasn't that clear after rereading. Yes, that's what I meant by backing their pets off.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

Yea, when you say "back the pet off", that means its doing nothing to most folks.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Probably because those 'most folks' don't play a pet class. Those that do generally keep them in damage mode when they solo. When grouping or raiding, there are other pets they can pull up and/or make them less aggressive.
  19. Occam Well-Known Member

You can't really use PQs as a basis for comparison though, since they're completely whack. I've seen under geared templars out-parse T1 raiders by a wide margin in PQs, so what happens in them has no bearing on anything else in the game.
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure "back off your pet" means hit the green button that recalls them to your side where they stand around looking pretty. Now, if i asked you to drop your tank pet or swap your pets stance, I feel I and "most" other people would appreciate the difference between those two phrases. As much as Im sure you loved the chance to enlighten me to what words mean, I think I've got a fair grasp of the english language and its application to EQ2 mechanics. Thanks, though.