New Expac offers what exactly?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mordrake71, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Mordrake71 New Member

I wasn't able to play any of the beta, so I'm in the dark about what exactly I am getting if I buy the premium edition which is $139

I read the highlights but powerful gear class spells, there is no description or examples of either given.

While I still enjoy my casual solo play most of the time. over the years the game has been unfriendly for alts.

I'm not talknig about the leveling, getting spells and abilities to a rank that can actually do damage is a huge grind or money investment which I will not do just to make one of my alts relevant.

Over the years the expacs come out and the details are severely lacking as to what exactly your actually getting for the money they want for such and older game.

So if anyone has any information as to what the class spells are bringing to the table I would appreciate it.

I absolutely hate ascension spells and never use them, I know blah blah blah, but that choice of direction in the game is a huge mistake and has 0 to do with the actual classes and just a generic gap filler.

So if there is not anything else class related thats worth the money I will pass for the first time ever on an eq2 expac (
    Pantaro likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Just buy the regular version for the content and play your character from there. The expensive version has never given anything that definitely makes someone more powerful than everyone else-- not even your choice of *one* ancient spell.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

All this expansion offers is more of the same copy/paste stuff from previous expansions just with bigger numbers.
    Cussa is right, save your money, the fluff this time ain't worth it
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm pretty well annoyed that the $139 version (which I call the "sucker edition") offers even less than last year for the same price. Which I don't understand at all. Why remove digital items that don't have a material cost? The tradeskill boost we got last year is now only available in the "super sucker edition", and one 1 ancient spell instead of the two like last year. But same exact price for fewer items? You need to give people a reason to want to buy this stuff, given today's economy...not give them a reason to not buy at all.
    AOE1, Jaden and Juraiya like this.
  5. Kotter Legendary Member

spending $ pays the bills for them.
  6. eelf Member

This is the most unfaithful answer ever. Everquest 2 is P2W especially with the big xpac.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

OH yeah, it's *REALLY* pay to win. You can see the marketplace just flooded with the absolute best gear money can buy. Yeah they really just start siphoning directly from your bank account just because you zoned out of Qeynos once. What's that? You want to open your inventory? Better shell out that cash...

/sarcasm
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This isn't quite true for bleeding edge raiders. Generally the mount and familiar are BIG upgrades, though, and there is no other way to get them.
  9. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Except for the celestial merc, celestial familiar, and celestial mount. Good luck running heroics without them. o_O
    AOE1 likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am grossly unimpressed with the new Celestial mercenary, TBH.
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You are expected as a DPS to have all spells including some of the Ascension abilities at minimum Expert, preferably Master, when coming to a *New* dungeon so that it is finished within 15-20 minutes. Platinum is hard for a new or returning player to earn. The suggestion by most people in game? Buy a krono. Buy two krono if that's enough. Maybe 3. Sell them on the broker. If you're f2p, well that sucks for you lol.

This isn't exactly a statement that should be met with sarcasm and should be significantly more worrisome than people are willing to treat it as.
    Siren likes this.
  12. Grandavi Active Member

Honestly... I would buy this only if it offered a free month subscription. Its the first time I have skipped an expac while active... but I just can't see the reason. I have 10 alts... and at least 6 of them haven't completed BoL or RoS... so.. I have a lot to pass the time with.

I'll catch you all in the next expac...
  13. Zeoni Member

Just buy the $39 Version anything else isn't worth it and the $200 version is way to much for what you get. If you have Money burning in your pocket and want to go without Eating pay the $200 if not buy the cheapest version.
  14. girney Active Member

what is annoying is that we get new ascension spells but no recipes to upgrade them. the only way is to research which takes too long. also, there is just not enough content. thirdly, the sig line is too hard for a lot of classes to complete with very little chance of getting upgrades to gear. fourthly, the chance of getting a recipe book is ridiculously low. we dont need all those useless nails. so far this expac has been an epic fail.
    AOE1 likes this.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

I looked your toon up. You should go read this post. Might help your pally a lot.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/fushuga-1-shotting-me.608257/#post-6718116
    Pixistik likes this.
  16. girney Active Member

17. Priority Well-Known Member

Just going off some of your previous posts. The advice is still there and might help you in the future. I can't help with the bruiser, but I do alright on a crusader.