Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test!

Tis the season to brighten our lives and those around us with gifts, good food, and warm hearths!

Across Norrath you’re sure to find people celebrating this festive Deepice holiday, starting in your home city. There you’ll find Gh'lad Tydingz one of several celebrating Gigglegibber goblins. He’s interested in getting some Frostfell items, and for those who can travel to Vetrovia he’s got some new requests. From your home city step into the Magic Closet and find yourself immersed in the magical Frostfell Wonderland Village! This enchanting land of ice and adventure holds wonders and adventures for everyone, including a few tasks being offered by Pilip Mumbletoes.

From there you are welcome to visit the Frostfell Workshop, where Frostfell elves have been busy preparing for the celebration, or Frostfell Wonderland's Icy Mines, where the holiday fuels used to craft all those special Frostfell gifts are obtained.

Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from Santa Glug and watch for one of his helpers to make a special appearance in Freeport and Qeynos. You might just find some of the new special holiday collectibles in your stocking!

New Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon - Special holiday merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos Province District have over 120 Frostfell themed house items and equipment pieces for your celebrations.
      • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event
    • Kaladim, Kael Drakkel, & Tarinax - the event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Little Lost Goblin
      • Deepice Dreams
      • Special Delivery
      • O Frostfell Tree
      • Tis the Season
      • Gift Giving
      • Gallivanting Gifties
    Live Servers
    • New level 125 versions of "A Gigglegibber's work is never done (by a Gigglegibber)" is available in each of the player cities, offered by Gh'lad Tydingz Gigglegibber.
    • Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village is back and has 16 tradable gifts (9 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 9 new items for sale, to players of all levels.
    • Giggawat and Garsleblat Gigglegibber merchants have brought back 5 items from retirement.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XV
      • Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XV
      • Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XV

Returning Features
    • In game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • Returning Quests
    • "Icy Something Worth Mining" - offered by Sugarbow, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Gallivanting Gifties" - Quest found in the Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Little Lost Goblin" offered by Meg Gingersnap, located in Frostfell Workshop zone. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Deepice Dreams" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Special Delivery" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "O Frostfell Tree" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Tis the Season" offered by Jarith Icewing, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Gift Giving" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" offered by Frestishan in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable
    • "A Deepice Mystery" - offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – NOT Repeatable!
    • "Merry Mischief" offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
    • "Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
    • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Not repeatable
    • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven) - Repeatable, once per year
    • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered again by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Repeatable, up to 15 times
      • New level 125 versions available for players level 121+
    • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "A Frostfell Favor" offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Saving Frostfell" offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica. – Repeatable
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands. – Repeatable
    • Overseer Quests and Agent
      • Offered by Pilip Mumbletoes in Frostfell Wonderland Village
        • Valkyrie Saga - Lottie in Everfrost
        • Valkyrie Saga - Lottie Troubles
        • Valkyrie Saga - Hidden Hall
        • Valkyrie Saga - Frikka Defenses
          • Agent: Frynhildr
        • Valkyrie Saga - Frosthorn Ambush
    • Returning Achievements
      • Holiday Lights
      • Handcrafted Gifts to Give
      • Frostfell Feast Delights
      • Great Candy Grabber
      • Frostfell Fanatic
      • Frostfell Overdrive!
    • Returning Collections
      • Frost-bitten Toes
      • Frost-Bitten Toes
      • Druidic Frostfell Icons
      • Frostfell Baked Treats
      • Hand-Hewn Frostfell Ornaments
      • Colorful Frostfell Ribbons
      • Frostfell Sweets
      • Jingly Frostfell Bells
      • Frostfell Hot Drinks
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug's Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years' crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • Players can obtain the 3 key recipes for personal Frostfell Tradeskill stations.
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
      • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
      • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • Festive equipment and decorations, (including 9 items that haven’t been available on the live servers for years, the longest being 2013!) are available from merchants in Frostfell zone (Giggawat and Garsleblat).
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!
    Any feedback submitted after 12/02/22 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will be missing until the zone art is updated.

This event content is currently set to run 12/06/22 at 8am PST* through 01/04/23 at 11:59 pm PST. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

If the new house items are as good at the Ro ones I will be a very happy camper.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I don't know when the recipe is from, but I have a broken recipe showing when I use 'A Festive Work Bench'. For 'Peppermint Candy Crown', has the little green gremlin guy icon and can't be crafted.

Looks like it's from 'Frostfell Outfits you Can Make XI" from mousing over it on the list.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Quest: The Great Candy (Cane) Chase.

What happened to that race? It now requires you to dismount. Running it at normal speed, or even with speed increase from druid's SoW it is simply impossible to finish in given time. Not to mention doing the achievement for doing it with a full minute to spare.

I think the blue gifts are supposed to give us a temporary speed boost? They sure show some effect but my speed remains the same.
    The brown presents throw you in random directions, so I normally just avoided them. Tried using them to steer myself towards next cube but that strategy ended with even worse results than just running it while avoiding brown gifts.

Please bring back ability to use ground mounts in that chase.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I need a paper bag to breathe into! Let me at'em! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Edited to add: Sugary Ninjabread Man Santa Glug gift is super adorable!

And if it's permissible as a temporary measure, I'll say here that I found a YouTube link to listen to Frostfell Village music as I harvest, craft and quest in there:

6. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I had meant to post notice of this change. Thank you for the reminder, Chikkin.

Some other changes have been made, as a result of feedback received during the event last year:
    • The Great Candy (Cane) Chase – Frostfell Overdrive! achievement is now only awarded if the quest stages are completed in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • The Great Candy (Cane) Chase – Starting the race now requires you to not be on a mount, due to a bug that could happen, stopping you from being able to properly camp after the race.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Siren, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

8. Kaitheel Developer

That's very odd. I can confirm the Peppermint Candy Crown has a bugged icon on Test and live but not internal servers. Why *and how* did that change without being touched since 2019!?

~ Kaitheel
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is one of the new items, but it's for me.
    I just love the winter witch "frost lantern broom", can we get a matching witch outfit ?

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D those snowflack curtains are soooooooooo coool!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Gwalchmei New Member

Oh Joy!!! Because there hadn't been any mention of Frostfell in any of the news updates and it was missing from the 2022 Roadmap, I was starting to think they had scrapped it ... which I was pretty glum about ... I love Frostfell!! It's just so relaxing and silly-fun, at just the right time of the year, and it's in Norrath where Frostfang and Everfrost are ever Frostfelly to look at! Discovering Frostfell in, what, 2019? ... was it during the pando? Maybe; but it was the event that made me re-up my membership and start playing again from time-to-time, and now, I look forward to it every year just for the giggles and relaxed play. Thankyou dev-team for not letting us down, and bringing Frostfell to us for another year!
  11. Gwalchmei New Member

Oh, Siren, you are SUCH an enabler! :)
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

That unable to camp was annoying but we lost ability to be on a mount because of that? /cry!!!

In this case are the present obstacles working properly? and what exactly does running thru blue stacks of presents do?

Also so the achievement is now awarded if we just finish the race in those 3 minutes 45 seconds or so?
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Slippery tile is evil by the way :D
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

put some soft mattresses around the tile, on second thought a bucket of snowballs near by so you can send your guests flying of into a pool (evil laugh).
  15. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Is the tile evil, or is the person who put it at the zone in evil? ;)
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

teeeeheee! should we pad the walls of entry room?
  17. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Sorry. A hamster got loose.

Yet another fantastic event!!
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good thing I've never did that race; I feel for the ones that do. :-/

Also: the Decorative Rainbow Candy Stick graphic looks odd; the colors in the spiral aren't matching up properly. The Decorative Red and White and Red and Black ones are fine. :)

EDIT: Hmm; when wearing the Snappy Green and White Robe, or the Snappy Red and Green Robe, my shoes aren't showing? :-/ Not just the recipe Sabatons, but my regular Equipment shoes...the rest of me may be toasty warm, but now I see where all those Frostbitten Toes are coming from. :-/

Uwk
    Siren likes this.
  19. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

A little odd thing I noticed and thought someone might want to know.

This cloak is a different color in Frostfell Village than it is in other zones. I checked guild hall, personal house, Freeport, and Svarni and it looks purple and teal in all of those other places. It seems to be all gray in Frostfell village.

[IMG]
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I was able to mount up after clicking on first starting present in the great candy cane chase. It was smooth sailing after that, albeit a but nuts on a flying mount lol.

I'm able to camp right after finishing the chase, so that works yay!

Finished achievement while having 1 min and 7 seconds still on the clock. Was that supposed to be adjusted somewhat?

A guildie finished and didn't get achievement and she cannot camp, she had to zone out of FF village to camp.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.