Do you want a purple meatbeast? :D

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Denmum, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

There is a Grapes of Wrathbeast flying purple and white meatbeast mount that can only be earned during Heroes' Festival, and the achievement can only be gained on the Test server (once you earn the achievement, you are able to claim the one that you earned on whatever character you want on live or test).

It isn't an achievement that you can realistically solo, due to the need to kill all the puppets for the Heroes' Festival event.

So, I am teaming up with Nadaj the Bard this Saturday at 2 PM Pacific and we will be running through all of the puppets needed for this achievement on the Test server. Nadaj's stream linked above will be livestreaming the event for Extra Life and I'll be tagging along ... erm, herding cats or something on my Test main, Foiwom. Anyone who wishes to join us at that time is more than welcome to do so

Please do NOT hop from zone to zone "checking" on things right before the event.

I am sorry to "yell" like that, but it is an important thing to know about Test server. If the zone is closed because nobody is in it, and we can KEEP it closed until we are ready to take out that puppet in the rotation, we can know when it will spawn. If someone zones in to "look" and thus spins up the spawn start for that zone, then we may have several puppets up at the same time, which can lead to missing some of them the first time around, and having to wait a couple hours for respawn and so on.

It isn't something we can really control, things happen, even on Test, and not everyone reads the forums in any case, but try to avoid the zones until we're ready, and we can have a smoother/faster time clearing everything and leave them properly staggered in their spawns for any who arrive late and/or want to run again on another alt to earn another claim.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

awesome initiative Mum!

One thing about that achievement, and I don';t know who to bother about that..... The achievement shows on live servers, and it's impossible to complete since it's about killing all puppets on Test server.
    When and IF someone has some time to separate or rename or otherwise solve the mystery of 8/9 achievements for Heroes' Festival that would be lovely.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  3. Denmum Developer

It is more complex than it sounds. This is the only achievement that is earned only on Test, and with how achievements are handled by the system what shows on Test shows on Live and vice versa. I know it bothers the completionists, but I don't foresee us doing the complex shenanigans needed to exclude it any time soon, if at all.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  4. Denmum Developer

Thank you to all those that participated in this event!

We went through 3 full runs of puppets and got many players one or more mount /claims to enjoy! It was quite fun and great to see such a turnout!
    Breanna, cellinaire and Twyla like this.
  5. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Aw! I somehow missed this. Glad people were able to get it! Purple Meatbeasts for alllllll!
    Breanna and cellinaire like this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

yeah I think putting it as achievement was a mistake. If it was handled like beta testing rewards it would work? could work? Then we would just complete on test, claim on live.
    Alas it's probably to late now
  7. Denmum Developer

It is too late. It truly isn't worth the time and effort that would go into it. Beta testing rewards are handled as achievements, too. But the beta server has all sorts of special rules and achievements that are beta-only and that took special coding. It is a different kettle of fish to have to do all those special rules and extra work for a single achievement that isn't breaking anything (other than the hearts of completionists! ;D)
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe :( missed that one.
    It also breaks the hearts of people who missed a very special opportunity, but I am happy for the ones who got this.
    Sometimes the forum is covering up posts like this and you never see it.
    Breanna likes this.