"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I found an extra collection a view days ago, it's an old one called Raging Elemental Scintilla.
    If I remember this correct, it came from the prelude for Terrors of Thalumbra, and drops of the stonespren, there are not that many of those and I hope I can get together the collection.
    I have begun running that instance again even on toons who already have enough faction.

I love the idea that old collections are being recycled where appropriate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's still not working for my original gal, Spiritmaker; no feather over the head, and the dialog stops at the same place. :-/

EDIT: Not working for my Good guy, Xanadew, nor my Good gal, Veliferidae (who is a fellow Aerakyn), either. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Not "still"... you mean "again". It re-broke. I just pushed the fix to Test, and confirmed it is working, once again.

I suggest you get this prelude quest done on your plethora of characters very soon, Uwk.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries; I just want it working on Test! :-/

The irony is killing me. ;->

Uwk
    who only has a couple of Live server Carpies to get it on still, but that Test bunch... X-P
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks again, Kaitheel! :D

Yep, it's working again; best strike while the iron is hot on Test, then. ;->

Still no feather over the NPC's head, but I was able to finish out the dialogue and get the quest. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol they used to have 2 feathers over their heads
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! :D

Doesn't matter how many, I guess, as long as they work... ;->

Oh! By the way, I did manage to get the Evil gal working for my Evil Carpy, who now has 50k+ faction with them and is the proud owner of one of each/one of each set of all the house items and building blocks, and the wings. :)

Those wings will be the defining characteristic of all my participants, and I will say: they are wonderfully smooth at a walking or running speed in the cities, where flying isn't possible (even with these new wings ;->) and a lot of the animations of my toons with artificial wings are awfully rough. They also can be "mounted" while you're making something at a crafting station, and they won't interfere with your crafting motions; you can craft and have your wings, too! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I hid my mounts, so I only see them when I fly.
    I got tired of all those oversized Dinos clogging up the buildings, some people and their mounts where so big they had their head stuck in the ceiling.

I liked the dragon illusion, when you went inside a city like Neriak your dragon would change into cute little wings.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! That's brilliant! :D

And yeah, that should really be done for all of them. If we're not actively dismounted like in WoW the minute we go under a building's roof, the mounts should at least poof out of view. X-/

I swear, there are times when owners of ginormous mounts (or just the really, really, REALLY annoying Phoenixes, who "never touch the base earth except to die") plant themselves between the Banker or Broker and everyone else deliberately. Then when you grumble about it, they always giggle and go, "Oh, sorry; I didn't know he was showing! Silly me, tee hee! :D" and never correct the problem.

Bah. >:-/

Uwk
    Whilhelmina, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Getting back to the thread I derailed, re: the items from the Prelude on the merchant. Why are the lovely, lovely building blocks we can apparently only get now and possibly no other way (please pleasantly surprise me if I'm wrong there :D) not even Heirloom? Because let's be honest, if you want to get everything on the merchant, it'll take about 1.5-2 hours per person, and an IV full of caffeine to keep lathering, rinsing, and repeating with the crafting requirements for the full 50k faction. Even auto-mentored down, the instance does take time to plow through for only one round of the three crafting quest equivalents per 18 (24?) hours.

And without at least a recipe book to make such lovely items as the building blocks (using "common household [materials]"), I vote they should at least be Heirloom, if nothing else...though that's probably a bit late, if they don't show up ever again. :-/

EDIT: Okay, it's true, I'm tired...I saw that the packages of the various building block types were all NO- this and NO- that, but once I had them in my inventory, they were back to being ordinarily allowed building blocks again. Confusing. :confused:

Uwk
    who still really does hope they'll be available in the new expac, or better yet, have an unlimited charges recipe book available :)
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all the items on that merchant WILL be still available in the new expansion on a merchant, all you need is the factions.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Huzzah! :D

Thanks, Schmett! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Dang, I'm apparently slow on this =( it's broken again on test.

Teach me to pick it up late.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I wish it didn't keep resetting after each Test server update, but thankfully I know exactly what files need to be re-pushed each time this happens, so it's not so frustrating now. And I have a going theory as to what caused it.

All that to say... it's working on Test again.

~ Kaitheel