Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Twyla Well-Known Member

The only issue I've come across on my characters is that with the game rushing us to level to max (I hit 125 with one before I even finished PoP) the overland quests for holidays and many of the other fights take forever because, I guess, they assume if you are at max level, you have gotten the gear, resolve, etc. This started when the max level was 110, I've just learned that if a particular character hasn't gotten to that part of the expansions to mentor down. At least then the fights take a reasonable amount of time (I mean really 30 minutes to kill one thing - it's so embarrassing to see lower-level toons get in and out in minutes). I'm not asking that things be one-shot kills, just behave like the mobs I have to fight in non-holiday battles.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's always been kind of a (weird) issue at level 100 and at level 110: where a mob would scale to you (for whatever reason: the instance level, or the holiday thing where you can't do first strike from a distance [grrr] but have to shake their hands or other appendages before you can hit them, or whatever) but be LEVEL 100!!!!!!!!! or LEVEL 110!!!!!!! and for whatever peculiar reason, you wouldn't be able to do enough damage to them before your Power ran out, even if your Health was fine. :-/

It usually takes me one dance with critters like that before I mentor down 5 to 10 levels to be able to have a chance of doing something to them. I'll delete the quest and start over again if I have to. :-/

It kind of reminds me of the first time we were testing the clothwork critters for Heroes' Festival, and there was no one else on Test at the time, so I had to try to solo one. I finally got bored and left. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

holyday or not, I am nowhere near to the top level, and there are no other people to help.
    I have a lot of former TLE toons and the gear we get on those servers is often underpowered for a regular server.
    So, I do the only thing I can do so I don't get frustrated, mentor down, or do green quests.
    I tried to gear up one of my healers, so I can run those quests at level, but I just don't have the kind of plat that gear costs.
    I mean it took me so long to kill a simple rat, digging up graves that I resorted to simply run away each time I dug up a mob.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Little note for the future NotDs. Can you somehow make Thieving Hardy NPC (spawns from grave digging) indifferent to passing city guards in Freeport and Qeynos? They kill him every time as he spawns, and when they do he does not drop chest with quest starter.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah...yeah, that'd be brilliant, 'cause sometimes the graveyards that are far enough away from everyone else are already "taken," and there's only so many "gravestones" to go around in each. :-/

Uwk
    who tries to get a "gravestone" as far away from guards as possible, in case I run out of every other maneuver but AoE stuff (and who also firmly believes that city guards of your alignment should be immune to your attacks, like in WoW, unless you're doing a Betrayal quest)... :-/
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

only because there is somebody in a graveyard does not mean you can't grab one of the graves, you can only grab one grave at a time anyway, and I belief Kaitheel once said all graves are connected to the same loot pool.

On a different subject, the Saguine Witch Hat still has a gap between the headscarf and the hat, it looks very . . . bad, and the same problem persists with different races.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

In the past, I updated the wikia to explain how to get it, but here's what to do:

Throw 25-50 pumpkins per day, NO MORE. Bat will appear around throw 800-1000.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I avoid the ones where guards go through as last year they attacked my character and the mob I dug up. Killed my character. This is the one near the Tinker starter gnomes.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any difference between what I can get in the City graveyards and the other places, like Gorowyn (where there's a few not near any guards) and the couple of little ones in New Halas, where unless you do something really silly, the guards shouldn't bat an eye and don't wander about on patrol. ;->

Uwk
    who has actually lured LEVEL 100!!!! or LEVEL 110!!!!! Thieving Hardies over to the guards deliberately, to help me take him down before I ran out of Power... X-P
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I usually set myself up near people so I can throw some bombs too while digging.
    Qeynos Harbor right by chronomages and broker and in Freeport in East across dock by North FP passage way.

It's funny because guards are not even high there but all mobs spawn as lvl 1 for a second or so before they adjust to your level, level 1 Hardy has no chance to even switch if the guard patrol is passing near
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and if your fast you can run of and leave him in the dust still level 1
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I am about to log out, and someone typically zooms up, and tosses a pumpkin. I was able to stop /camp though.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they're doing that to be nice to you, obnoxious to you, or just want to rack up more "I tossed someone a Pumpkin" cred (for the Achievement) to a captive audience. Are the Mysterious Pumpkins lying around available for anyone to grab, or do they "belong" to the person who got a pumpkin chucked at their head? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Pumpkins are open to be picked up to everyone except person who tossed them.
    Getting hit by a pumpkin bomb does not interrupt your camping in any way. It just gives you the animation of staggering and pumpkin guts splattering around, no other effects that disrupt any of the action you're doing at the moment.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I should be clearer when I post. I wasn't in the process of /camp, but I was about to press the enter key to start it.

I'm getting some duplicates now, so it isn't really a concern if more of that happens.

But it has happened 3 or 4 times in the past 3 days I have been just about to /camp, or was buying from broker. I think I had /afk up in one instance.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Next year, if we can do away with the cut-scenes in the Maze COMPLETELY, can we, please? Can't we just have Altius give his li'l speech and freak-out the way Sarkon sneers at us in the Mansion before he attacks? No Black Screen of Character Death, no breathless anticipation leading to some completely human (still) dork just standing there staring at us, etc. Perhaps, if the 125s loved the Maze this year so much, next time there could be like a regular Solo version for the rest of us, with the old Maze combat god delight (where every mob that didn't kill you made you stronger, until Raven and her damn bats weren't even much of a bother and Altius was an exhilarating wrestling match), and an Advanced Solo for the higher folks? :)

Also, in general with the holidays: considering it took me 400 Graves dug up to get one recipe book through 16 toons trying for it on one server, and over 100 on one other toon on another server (who wasn't going to leave UNTIL HE GOT HIS BOOK, or until 11:59 pm PDT, whichever came first), can we please just SELL those lovely recipe books on a merchant and not have them susceptible to the whims of the mighty RNG? Old stuff merchant, new, it wouldn't matter, although the books from prior years on the old stuff merchant would be just fine (oh, and can we have a merchant for Oceansfull? Like the one in the Frostfell Village for the prior year(s) Santa Glug stuff?)... The books from the Clams in Oceansfull, the books from the Graves in NotD, etc. (including actual recipes for those lovely Scorched Sky building blocks; wouldn't need a special holiday material for it, even)? Pretty please with jumjum pops (hmm; if jumjum is actually sugar beets, how would an ice pop of that work...)? :)

Uwk
    who actually would, yes, still dig up Graves and open Clams and so on (and buy stuff from the Scorched Sky merchants, because their selection is getting better and more expansive every year!), because there's still a halfway decent chance of finding cool Appearance and House Item stuff in there...and at least you don't have to fight anything coming out of a Clam :D
    Breanna and Twyla like this.