New Players LFG

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Celestia, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

So I started this in another thread in another section, but new players: Are you looking to group at lower levels on the live servers? Do you want to gain perspective on HOW to play and not have to boost to end game just for a group?

Well, I and another person on here (Aggy) have started at BEGINNER level, and are going to work our way up through the content.

If you are interested in joining us, we would love to have you - play whatever class you want, no worries. I made a SK and she made a channeler, but if either of those are something you are interested in, you can play them too! Just let me know in this thread if you are interested in joining us. We just got to 27 and 28, but can mentor no problem!

If you would like to join us, there is a discord server we use. (You do NOT need a mic, but earphones would be nice.) Send me a message on here, and I will get you the info. :)
    Soara2, Carynn and Sturmlocke like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It would probably be helpful if you put something about your post in the title, that way people won't just brush past it thinking it's just click bait junk.
    Soara2, Sturmlocke and tasnee like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Good point, though can I edit the title once its posted?
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, not. :-(
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

send a pm to Accendo or Angeliana with a link to this thread and what you want to change the title to
    Soara2, Dude, tasnee and 1 other person like this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: LIVE SERVER. Maj’Dul. We are trying to get more people for live servers so they can do as much content as possible. The purpose of this is to get more people interested in leveling up so they can excel at endgame.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I will also make you gear free of charge if you need it! Although I don’t have every advanced book, I will make you normal gear that you can use throughout your game playing until you get better!
    Soara2, Sturmlocke and Dude like this.
  9. Gameogre47 New Member

I have only played eq2 for a very short time a while ago and was just about to try and start on Varsoon to see if I could still find people to group with but a live server sounds good to. My wife and friends might end up coming as well if it ends up being fun.
  10. Celestia Well-Known Member

Sounds great. I’ll send you the discord info in a bit after I get coffee, just woke up
    Soara2, Dude and Sturmlocke like this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

So tomorrow I am going to set up a new discord server just for the people who are interested in playing with Aggy and I. The discord server we are currently playing on is too confusing to navigate for one, and two I’m sick of people there telling me the game is dead and that I need to give up. They are friends, but they are negative about this game and I don’t want to always hear it or have new people feel discouraged by their comments.

I will put the new information to everyone who wants it tomorrow.
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

New discord for those who want to join in the fun of leveling with us :)
  13. Celestia Well-Known Member

WOOT, another added to the ranks! Telling you guys, it's gonna be fun....
    Soara2 and Sturmlocke like this.
  14. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Keep it up! Wish you guys an awesome and fun adventure :)
    Soara2 and tasnee like this.
  15. Celestia Well-Known Member

So three people have come to the server now, which makes me hella pumped. And if we get enough for a full group, but more keep wanting to join, I am totally up for doing separate groups. Or even little groups if only 2 or so are wanting to play. I don't want to leave anyone in the dust, so feel free to come and group when you want or have time. If we have like say 6 but one more is all we get? Then we can group as a three and a four pair.

Also, I play other games with other people, so no one needs to feel bad if they can't or don't feel like playing. I am currently in a group that plays EQ1 as well as LOTRO and even FF14. Now that college is pretty much over for the term, I have lots of games to play! But it also means more time!

EDIT: The best way to keep in touch with me is DISCORD. That's where I post when I can play and not, etc.
  16. gambitak Well-Known Member

Logged in today and enjoyed it, thank you @tasnee!
  17. Celestia Well-Known Member

You’re welcome!

I will say, it’s been hard to get everyone to tell me their schedules. I have gotten info from two or three people, but a couple people have joined and not really said a word. They say they are there to group, but then I don’t hear anything again.

Please, it’s okay to not talk and do your own thing. I will still help out in anyway I can, from crafting to getting you a guild invite so you have those perks. BUT if you’re interested in groups, I need everyone’s help with times they can play. Otherwise I feel like people are wasting each other’s time.

(And btw this isn’t directed at you Gam).
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Celestia Well-Known Member

Well I tried. But in the end I don’t think it’s going to work out. Sorry everyone. If you’re still looking for help please let me know, whether you’re in need of food or gear, etc. I’m going to leave the guild invitation open. But I guess we will call it on the group thing.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. gambitak Well-Known Member

I, for one, appreciate the effort. I just renewed my membership; so, I'll definitely be on :)
    Soara2, Twyla and tasnee like this.
  20. Celestia Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!
    Soara2 likes this.