Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I remember in the past with my flaky memory when I went to give candy and get candy cork back, I just went through the routine once for all of the candy my character had.

Today I had to hail the goblin once per candy.

One candy -> one candy corn.

I had 8 candies and had to do the transaction 8 times.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's due to the number you have. These merchants take the items in stacks, usually 10 or 20 at a time. You'd have to hailf for every stack of 20, then the last 10 then 1 ar a rime. Alternatively just throw it all in your depot. Now that their size has been vastly increased that shouldn't be so much of a problem.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the other hand, he should've taken Gero's first 5 candies (it's generally in multiples of 5 to 10) to transform them all in one go into 5 candy corn (not cork, though that would be interesting; just put it into a bottle of booze or pop and drink right through it as it dissolves ;->) and then the next 3 one at a time; that's how it's working for me.

When in doubt, collect 2 more. :)

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Michaile New Member

Has anyone gotten Baktor, the Voracious (The bat mount) from throwing the pumpkin bombs this year?
  5. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I all the years and thousands of pumpkins thrown, I have never gotten than on any character on any server. I gave up trying.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

Don't forget, no matter how many you throw, your odds are only based on the first like 10-20 per day. (No one has officially said how many.) Its definitely not open to just throwing a thousand and getting it. Well, unless you spread it out over like 100 days I guess. 10 per day.
  7. DragonTayl Member

Trying to provide useful troubleshooting information on Hedge Hollow, in case any of this helps find the problem:

Level 68 Ranger, I blew through absolutely everything until Altius. Fun and straightforward, just like it used to be. I noticed only two bumps/buffs to stats, and by the end had only gone up from 10k health to 12k health, 63 haste to 90 haste. A very few others (those were the two I focused on, will do better analysis next time). Looks like very few statistics were actually affected as in most things did not go up at all. I am going to do screen shots of the stats panel next time.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I went to Grabby today. I had a lollypop, 16 marshmallows, and 4 caramels. He took all but one caramel and gave my character 20 candy corn. Then the left over caramel for 1 candy corn.
  9. DragonTayl Member

68 Ranger

Click tree stump:
    -- Elem/Nox/Arc resist, Mitigation +10% each;
    -- DPS/Haste +10 each; Crit Chance/Bonus +2 each
    -- weapon damage roughly 10% with delay down about 5%

First Hedge Lurker right near start:
    -- Health/Power +10% (not sure about regen in battle)
    -- Elem/Nox/Arc resist, Mit +1%
    -- Weapon damage 1%

Next two battles, +10 to DPS/Haste and Crit Chance/Bonus +2 no other noticed changes.

First Glowie (near skull):
    -- Health/Power +10%
    -- Weapon damage 1%

Hedge Lurker before first graveyard; graveyard zombies; hedge lurker back past entrance; scarecrow around bend; first animated hedge; disturbed zombie near hedge; hedge lurker; disturbed zombie; SW corner scarecrow; disturbed zombie by building; disturbed zombie row over; scarecrow before Dave; Dave; scarecrow south-central; hedge lurker; pop-up scarecrow; hedge lurker before 2nd graveyard; 2nd graveyard zombies; 2nd Glowie; 3rd Glowie; Headless Knight; 2nd Animated Hedge; Frictionless Piece of Eight (I can't believe I dropped it AGAIN! I have a plan next time...); disturbed zombies (4); 4th Glowie; pop-up ^^ Scarecrow; hedge lurker before Raven; Raven and bats; Beer Braised; Troll Jerkey:
    -- no noticed changes

Tasty Wings:
    -- Health/Power +10%
    -- Weapon damage 1%

Medium Rare; Frog Legs; last hedge lurker; 5th Glowie; trained entity; gnome:
    -- no noticed changes

Altius: very quick loss to him. 6 hits killed me, battle approximately 12-20 seconds (several misses due to having high avoidance before entering)

Looks like the buff triggered 6 times as I progressed through the zone, and not all triggers were the same.

Hope some of this helps.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Caith Developer

We've identified the issue with the Spirit of the Night buff, which is the buff that you get as you defeat encounters in the zone. This was not what we updated with the Frictionless Piece of Eight buff, so this one will be forthcoming to a live and test server near you shortly.
  11. DragonTayl Member

Hey! Thanks Caith. Will look forward to it. Thanks you guys.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! That's how it's supposed to work, and I really don't know what motivates him to take which candies: where they are in the bag, which order I got them in, alphabetical order, no idea. Maybe he just prefers lollypops and marshmallows to caramels, who knows?

Given the state of most gobbos' teeth, he's probably leery of things so soft yet dense they can play havoc with one's dental work. ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was this something that was always a thing in the Maze for like a decade that I never noticed, or something relatively new (that I hadn't noticed; entirely likely either way)? :-/

Uwk
    who remembers getting incremental "upgrades" for every critter, back in the day, culminating in all those buffs vs. Altius...at least, the green +numbers would be getting higher as I went along ;->
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd misread that originally to read "including Altius" for some peculiar reason, and was mystified in your later post where you got pwned by him... :confused:

Including Latest/Greatest Raven?? How?? :eek:

Uwk
  15. DragonTayl Member

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I do not attempt this except on the (very) few classes I play well. After 14 years you'd think I would be better at more of them, but basically I play Ranger, Fury, Paladin, and occasionally Inquisitor or Coercer. This year I've only tried Hedge Hollow on my main three (so far). I doubt I'd make it as FAR as Raven playing a berserker (even if I had you along giving me tips). So for me, it's that the Ranger does that much damage, the Fury does a lot of damage and keeps healed, and the paladin does a bunch of quick AOE, has a ward and high mitigation, and can heal as well? When I was first learning about Raven I found it best to save any nukes/stuns for her and totally focus on her because the bats die when she does, don't they?
  16. DragonTayl Member

Tested! Success!!

I see a new buff that I've never seen before that looks like a "companion" to the Spirit of the Night with a stack indicator. It appears to max out at 20 but each one does tick everything up. Once you have 20 it does not appear as though further mobs increase the buff, however I was able to defeat Altius. It's about perfect!! He's no pushover (at least not for a 70 Fury) but if you know when NOT to attack, and you stick to the plan, I was able to take him down first try.

THANK YOU DEVS!

Dammit I dropped that stupid coin AGAIN! I'm totes going to try a butterfly net next time...

P.S. I know the cutscenes are not fixed, but that's largely cosmetic with some inconvenience, so having the buff fixed is so much better!
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Excellent! Caith comes in and saves the day!

I'm relieved and so very glad to hear that you were able to beat Altius at his own shapeshifter game. DragonTayl!

The rest of the holiday will be smooth sailing now!

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla, DragonTayl, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They do indeed, but it seems (maybe my imagination) she has more of them this year, and they're tougher. I've finally gotten the clue that I should do that as well, but I think I'm gonna have to hit her hard and fast out of Stealth of some sort, even the Gnomish Smokescreen, then rely on AoEs once I've been revealed, to have a chance. :-/

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the main problem with the cutscenes could still be that if they let Altius "go" at the wrong moment, he could either be already taking us down to half our hit points or worse by the time we can see him again, or just standing there and never changing at all. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

The first is a problem although thankfully I haven't encountered that one yet. The second is no more than an inconvenience as you can just step out of the centre and fo back in.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.