Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Miragian Well-Known Member

Don't forget you need to kill as much as possible to build up your stats before taking on the last guy.

Additionally, I'd like to second, third? the request to make the eyes of fright mount a flying mount appearance.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've killed everything I come across and it still isn't helping like it used to. :(

And yep for the appearance mount for eyes of fright! :)

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Let's see how well this came out... ;)
    [IMG]
    Kind of hard to tell, but there's a long, thin tail and a muzzle there! :D

Uwk
    Whilhelmina and Twyla like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Mentor down or get a merc or both. Coercers aren't supposed to hit things they're supposed to have a pet. Though I'm not sure where you'd charm one from for that event.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's by design. You'er not allowed to skip past the Altius cutscene because there's too much being set up in the background of it. And that's what currently seems to be failing sometimes. If he doesn't go agro leave the centre and go back in to re-run it.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  6. Borthday New Member

It's never been skippable, neither has the other scene, that's just added info, last week the first scene wasn't skippable for me but the screen went black, this week it is but his scene seemed bugged. That did not fix it, he did not transform, leaving feedback here is all.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, that's what I just said? Altius hasn't been skippable since back in the beginning of the zone because of the problems it caused. The gnome one has always been skippable. As per previous posts, yes, the blank screen is taking an inordinately long time to move on sometimes. You just have to be patient and wait it out a few minutes.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

That was all I could think of. I've not tried it yet. Are you only on Test? I wondered if it worked any better for you now on LIve.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Aterskia Active Member

ya YA!!!
    dat wat me'es be's tinkin' uhv!:D
    me's notice Spectacle(or full eyeglasses?) too,.. gis be's fum former life?o_O
    TANKIE TANKIE!!!! Uwkete yu's duh GRAAAAAATEST!!!
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I went out to Antonica to gather ghosts.

Skyfire, 20th adv level name Whoskhaa Class Guardian. Got the quest, but the portal didn't pick up my character and go anywhere. I mean the regular teleport pad, with black fumes/particles floating up from it. So I deleted it and did Boots of Antonica and got the 8 slot bag.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. girney Active Member

no new quests or collections this year. no point for me to participate as i do not want house items.
  12. DragonTayl Member

I am also finding the last fight with Altius much different than in years past. I've played Nights of the Dead, I think, since the first one. The Hedge Hollow labyrinth is probably my favorite zone of all time. I've played it scores if not hundreds of times over the years and never had this level of difficulty with Altius. I don't claim to be the expert, but this is very different. I am wondering if he was buffed/altered for top tier and is not leveling down properly? Tried with tank, healer, and dps characters, nobody got far with him. I can still run this one and get the appearance items, collections, but obviously can't do the gnome quest and can't defeat the last boss... kind of demotivating.
  13. Miragian Well-Known Member

Even the majority of the collections and quest rewards have been generally "house items" I'm not sure what you were getting out of the event even if there were new items. There is the return of the red sanguine set if you are interested in that (hat, outfit, cloak).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Dude and Twyla like this.
  14. girney Active Member

i mainly play for quest and collection count and not the rewards obtained.
    Dude likes this.
  15. Twyla Well-Known Member

Really??? The red is back?! YAY!!!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I checked the Horde, and yep, I'd created toons last year in time to be able to do the Hedge Maze, and they were combat gods last year, no matter what their class specialty or emphasis. This year, forget it. Couldn't get past Raven even with help from a "friendly" hedge lurker, and if my experience on Test is anything to go by, mentoring down will not help.

Whoever messed up the Hedge, inadvertently or otherwise, please "put it back the way it was" [--from Li'l Abner, the musical], otherwise, Nights of the Dead is pretty much ruined for me. :(

Uwk
    who's convinced the "Spirit of the Night" is NOT helping much at all
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  17. Herne Active Member

I agree the Hedge Maze is messed up, I know the devs are busy with the new expansion, but a lot of players look forward to these events and Nights of the Dead this year is a bit of a disaster.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/bow :D

Uwk
    Aterskia likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG: Did the Antonica Ghost Hunter race twice, just to be sure of racking up enough points to get the Appearance weapons I wanted. Did The Commonlands race just to say I did, and get the Achievement for running both of them.

According to the race goblin, I got over 100 points in The Commonlands race (107, to be exact), so it wasn't a case of not getting enough to register, but the Achievements tab, for Live Events->Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire, isn't registering my Commonlands race at all, so I'm not getting the achievement for it. :(

It DID indicate that I'd done it under the Quests->Completed->World Events tab, so that's reassuring. :)

Uwk
  20. Kaitheel Developer